OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Joined Jul 20, 2012
JNUG has been a gold mine this month
No pun intended I’m glad I took advise and bought actual shares instead of options

Top Boy

formerly jay patt
Joined Feb 5, 2013
JNUG mooned, JC

I've had an abundance of free time lately at work, I think im going to dive back in.

Joined Oct 16, 2010
Added more shorts at close today.

Seems to have been a rally based on buybacks and short term sentiment swing but nothing of substance. Trade tensions have not gotten any better. Headline risk is very high. Stay cautious.

Joined Oct 16, 2010
Yup, rising unemployment will be the final trigger, still not there yet but we already have had negative revisions to the jobs number for the past 3 months in a row, which is a bad sign.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5py1d1zrii5rr1a/The_Recession_Playbook.pdf/file

This is by Morgan Stanley, some interesting charts to look at. I'm getting more and more bearish about this market, I don't think rate cuts and QE will do anything to stop the decline.

shibadekobe

Supporter
Joined Jul 27, 2013
Yup, rising unemployment will be the final trigger, still not there yet but we already have had negative revisions to the jobs number for the past 3 months in a row, which is a bad sign.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5py1d1zrii5rr1a/The_Recession_Playbook.pdf/file

This is by Morgan Stanley, some interesting charts to look at. I'm getting more and more bearish about this market, I don't think rate cuts and QE will do anything to stop the decline.
Mike Wilson da Goat

Joined Apr 4, 2008
Rate cuts and QE worked for 10 years. Their power surely has to be waning. What’s trump gonna do with the trade war? Bail out farmers again?

Joined Mar 10, 2013
I’d prefer not to open a new position in favor of adding to current positions, but the insider buying at ABBV is temping to piggy-back on. Could be a quick 25% return in a few months.

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Looks like within the next 18 months for sure but who knows exactly when, conveniently just in time for the Dems to take back the House next Nov and eat all the blame probably. I will say tho, the yield curve is a little different now than before cause before the Fed didn't have a giant balance sheet of long dated US bonds which drove down their yields but def seems bearish at best.

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Booming today w/ the tariff delay announcement, imagine the $ being made by the Trump's insiders who have the heads up in advance. Must be nice.

Joined Mar 14, 2014
this see-saw game is stupid. tarif! delay! germany! working on deal! trump mad so tariff effective immediately!

how do you short the market?

Joined Oct 16, 2010

Trump begging FED for emergency rate cut. He knows that as the market goes down so do his chances of re-election. He miscalculated very badly, announced China tariffs without realizing how weak the global economy was then had to swiftly back track not even 2 weeks later once stocks fell, exposing how weak his position is to China and Xi.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now