OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Ride the momentum. Only reason I laugh is because of the number of IPOs dropping first thing this year. Its madness. We're in a depression and companies are making billions in the markets while their employees are on partial unemployment benefits, or being laid off altogether.

But this is business so play on, player.

PS5 / xbox next gen console releases for the holidays probably had something to do with it.
This.

I bought in right before the consoles launched, 8 or 9 a share, and sold all of them right around 20. Good profit, but what's going on now is CRAZY. I didn't see this coming. I should of held on to those shares.

I cant trust any EV company yet. NIO PLTR cant do it.

Just gonna put a good amount in TSLA on the next dip. This centurys GM.

ONDS has an amazing story potentially, but it legitimately can go to 0 or 100. so if you think you want some, read the investors presentation, see how it makes you feel and pick a $$ amount you can lose

im going to bid on some snap. this is exaggerated and too cheap. 49.50 or less and ill start in. banning trump does not affect them at all. its a kids app, an AR play, and it's growing revenues by 40%. Their CEO is very innovative and they're expanding Internationally.

im going to bid on some snap. this is exaggerated and too cheap. 49.50 or less and ill start in. banning trump does not affect them at all. its a kids app, an AR play, and it's growing revenues by 40%. Their CEO is very innovative and they're expanding Internationally.
Picked up a cheap 2/19 $60 call. This trump thing will blow over soon and the earnings run up will push this thing higher. Will exit before earnings (estimating earnings first week of Feb).

Wanted to get in on AFRM but did not realize they went live yesterday. Affirm is basically layaway for millennials. My wife has attorney friends who make good money using affirm. The potential is there and you see it on a lot of ecommerce sites now.

Wanted to get in on AFRM but did not realize they went live yesterday. Affirm is basically layaway for millennials. My wife has attorney friends who make good money using affirm. The potential is there and you see it on a lot of ecommerce sites now.

Attorneys let their clients use affirm to pay for legal fees?

What type of investments would be conservative with a steady return? Something where I can take money out and not be penalized. I'm looking to put in around $5-10k. Roth IRA? I have no knowlege on this. Any help would be appreciated.

Attorneys let their clients use affirm to pay for legal fees?

No they use affirm for their personal online shopping buy hey who knows there might be potential there as well. But just making a point that successful professionals are using the product and online shopping is obviously exploding.

How did I not realize this was here? Info here will probably be 100x more useful than the stuff I've been seeing on WSB. Was up a ton in 2020 and gave all profits away and am down a good chunk as of now. Hopefully can find some better things to put my money on

Yep my bad, PLTR take was for another post. Cant get into NIO. I think there are other traditional automakers, especially outside the US, that are further ahead.

Got ya. I understand the apprehension. I do think Nio has a lot of upside and potential.

I do not expect it to be the next Tesla. They are definitely way way behind. However, I don't need them to be the next Tesla per se. If they can simply be a mere fraction of that and NOT be a fraud. I think Nio stock will have a decent year if they hit their delivery numbers

Also, this whole BABA fiasco has soured by appetite for Chinese stock a bit

My PLTR play is just pure speculative. Got in around $20-$22. I just plan to hold

What type of investments would be conservative with a steady return? Something where I can take money out and not be penalized. I'm looking to put in around $5-10k. Roth IRA? I have no knowlege on this. Any help would be appreciated.
alot of questions in one
conservative investments with steady returns are mutual funds/ETFs mix of holdings examples VOO, VGT, VFIAX, VTSAX
ROth IRA - u cannot really take out money as u please without being penalized without some exeptions (max contribution is $6K a yr
brokerage account is where u will be able to contribute as much as u please n take out as u please without being penalized but you will be taxed of course on making gains after sale

You can take out anything you invest into a Roth, you just can't take out any profits. So if you put in $5k and run it up to $8k, you can take out your original $5k but have to leave the $3k in profits (or it will be penalized if you are under 59.5).

Right?

You can take out anything you invest into a Roth, you just can't take out any profits. So if you put in $5k and run it up to $8k, you can take out your original $5k but have to leave the $3k in profits (or it will be penalized if you are under 59.5).

Right?
Unless it's for a mortgage, then you can use whatever you put in, plus up to $10k in gains.

How did I not realize this was here? Info here will probably be 100x more useful than the stuff I've been seeing on WSB. Was up a ton in 2020 and gave all profits away and am down a good chunk as of now. Hopefully can find some better things to put my money on
At least you don’t have to pay taxes.

At least you don’t have to pay taxes.
Haha yea that's true. Gotta pay on the gains in 2020 though, but yes, tax time next year I can write off up to 2k losses I believe and roll any additional into following years. Hopefully I can trim some of my losses still. Lots of 2021 left lol

Back
Top Bottom