OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

This is where I need to improve on.

I'm so afraid of loosing out that I don't want to trim, or I will set a boundaries and when they over fill I stay locked in because FOMO, or it dips dramatically and I lose money.

I know, beginner ****.

:blush:
Like jrs said, you should only own stocks where if they dip dramatically you shouldn't fret and see it as a buying opportunity. If you're a beginner, you're buying nearly everything at ATH. You wanna be in the market, but not be over leveraged in the case where **** starts tanking you're freaking out, panic selling, and don't have money to buy your picks. Like everyone been saying, keep perspective.

Technicals driving JMIA... from my read. Otherwise, not sure why it’s popping.

TDOC moving! I’m still building my position, hopefully it doesn’t get outrageous before I’m fully in:lol:

Made some nice gains today on PLTR, SOL, and PLUG. I stayed away from GME ever since paperhanding it earlier, but damn, I love to see it. I literally could've kept my shares at 35 average and nearly double my money. I'm not touching it with a stick now, but I'm rooting for anyone on it. I trimmed PLUG and my PLTR CC executed. A lot of positions trimmed down so I can finally turn off margin. After moving a lot of my 1100 shares of PLTR earlier for minimal gains, I'm at least glad I held onto 200 shares for the jump. But keep thinking back to what if I held onto it. Weekly covered calls on those shares definitely netted me some nice premium though

Technicals driving JMIA... from my read. Otherwise, not sure why it’s popping.

TDOC moving! I’m still building my position, hopefully it doesn’t get outrageous before I’m fully in:lol:
I'm probably going to add more next week on weak opens, hopefully back to the 250 area, figure this should shake out weak hands before going to 300.

Does anyone invest solely into dividend stocks? How long would some of you go? Loving this passive income (I'm not reinvesting the dividends at the moment. If I can get to triple digit dividend payments/month by retirement) that would be quite the nest egg IMHO.

Does anyone invest solely into dividend stocks? How long would some of you go? Loving this passive income (I'm not reinvesting the dividends at the moment. If I can get to triple forgot dividend payments/month by retirement; that would be quite the nest egg IMHO.
I wouldn’t say solely but it’s my focus. O is a monthly dividend stock that’s been around for a long time that I’m invested in. Very stable dividend payment.

I wouldn’t say solely but it’s my focus. O is a monthly dividend stock that’s been around for a long time that I’m invested in. Very stable dividend payment.
Stability is key. Didnt F drop theirs during covid?
I keep hearing KO and T are solid. I'm sort of looking at long term buys (say a bought amount every 15th of the month no matter what), and watch it accumulate. I'm not so much interested in the stock price per say. Just positive long term growth. Over time, the dividends may be paying you more than any stock sell. That's sort of my long-term 30 year out goal.

Stability is key. Didnt F drop theirs during covid?
I keep hearing KO and T are solid. I'm sort of looking at long term buys (say a bought amount every 15th of the month no matter what), and watch it accumulate. I'm not so much interested in the stock price per say. Just positive long term growth. Over time, the dividends may be paying you more than any stock sell. That's sort of my long-term 30 year out goal.
A lot of companies paused or reduced their dividends. Their were even some monthly dividend stocks who transitioned to quarterly. I’d say if it’s a long term thing for you, I’d reinvest the dividend payments. That’s my plan. I want a hefty enough monthly dividend to where I could live off of it comfortably.

Does anyone invest solely into dividend stocks? How long would some of you go? Loving this passive income (I'm not reinvesting the dividends at the moment. If I can get to triple digit dividend payments/month by retirement) that would be quite the nest egg IMHO.

Look into the dividend aristocrats and dividend kings. Companies that have paid their dividend for decades.

Staying out of investing in sports betting industry until there’s a clear “last mover” in the market

i dont but i have a decent chunk of my dividend play in XOM. my next picks if i chose would be PM, WM, PEP

Came up on Fubo again. Bought back into draft kings and MGNI. Looking into adding some Microsoft, and travel/hospitality stocks in preparation for the rebound.

Ackman is going to wind up picking a disappointing company. There isn’t much left out there that’s worthwhile and he wants his bonus.

What do you guys think of fedex and ups?

They’ve sold off from their recent highs, but I think they going to have great earnings coming up due to the holiday season/returns.

The outlook should be good too since e-commerce’s share of retail sales is expected to increase.

Is there something I’m missing here?

Ackman is going to wind up picking a disappointing company. There isn’t much left out there that’s worthwhile and he wants his bonus.

I agree. Honestly, at this point anything other than Stripe will be a disappointment.

And most don't think it'll be Stripe. It's more like what level of disappointment should we expect.

What do you guys think of fedex and ups?

They’ve sold off from their recent highs, but I think they going to have great earnings coming up due to the holiday season/returns.

The outlook should be good too since e-commerce’s share of retail sales is expected to increase.

Is there something I’m missing here?
I like the idea of ups as a backdoor e-commerce play. We’re just in a hyper growth environment but their earnings and revenue growth has been good for a company of that age and size.

Back
Top Bottom