OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I need Tsla along with the other stocks to move forward let’s see this job report, it will tell us what kind of day it will be

And that’s a wrap futures go red, hold on to your seats

edit- now green

Last edited:
Guess it’s worth grabbing some puts in case lol
I had this conversation at work yesterday and am bringing it here being that you and a few others seem to do a lot of hedging.

You don't plan to draw on this money, why would you "waste" dry powder on insurance, so you can see returns on the screen?

If it does dip like that, just buy the dip, at least that is permanent, on the off chance you're wrong and we don't dip you essentially just wasted money.

I am just very anti-tactical shorts unless you're a fund and just beholden to returns. If you want to hedge and have cash, you are hedging with said cash

I had this conversation at work yesterday and am bringing it here being that you and a few others seem to do a lot of hedging.

You don't plan to draw on this money, why would you "waste" dry powder on insurance, so you can see returns on the screen?

If it does dip like that, just buy the dip, at least that is permanent, on the off chance you're wrong and we don't dip you essentially just wasted money.

I am just very anti-tactical shorts unless you're a fund and just beholden to returns. If you want to hedge and have cash, you are hedging with said cash
tbh idk why I hedge. its a loser 99% of the time. you've got a great perspective and I've really enjoyed our conversations and seeing you post since it's been a good reminder of the big picture.

jumped back into sq. same cost basis as what I had basically. didn't want to not be here when I view this as a 10 year hold.

583, 492, 474 are the levels for TSLA if you're interested long. I can't decide if it makes sense for me yet, which means I'll probably need the 200 day to trigger.

tbh idk why I hedge. its a loser 99% of the time. you've got a great perspective and I've really enjoyed our conversations and seeing you post since it's been a good reminder of the big picture.

jumped back into sq. same cost basis as what I had basically. didn't want to not be here when I view this as a 10 year hold.
Likewise man. You remind me of why I like this stuff in the first place. To educate and empower people. The capital markets are really about disenfranchisement at its core and it's disgusting. You can't access this cause you don't meet these requirements, you should go pay someone to do it for you they know more than you do, you can't do this on your own, stick to cash and lose to inflation, etc etc.

I spend most of my day talking about this stuff with people who don't really NEED it, it's nice to see people getting wise to it and using it to build for themselves.

Looking to start positions in pins, shop, vuzi, curi in normal acct & fbgrx in the Roth. Debating on starting positions Monday or today

Back
Top Bottom