OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Lol at unamed fund... It's all public knowledge now.

I could never lever up to this degree, but this is precisely why leverage is scary. Imagine being in charge of running a fund, and using so much leverage that a single stock you own returning to it's price level from 6 WEEKS AGO is enough to blow up your entire fund.
Truly mind-boggling. 10s of billions of dollars...Gone in an instant.

Feels like 08 v0.5

Yeah this might cause some big waves in the markets. Anti do you have any insight into how far reaching this blow up might be? CS is getting battered, Morgan took a shot, but Goldman looks like they're taking it fine. Any idea if theres systemic risk in this?

Yeah this might cause some big waves in the markets. Anti do you have any insight into how far reaching this blow up might be? CS is getting battered, Morgan took a shot, but Goldman looks like they're taking it fine. Any idea if theres systemic risk in this?
As far as I've been told no. Hard to really say being that its quarter-end and there will be a lot vol/profit-taking to prop up performance/pension plan selling, but the fund seemed so concentrated that it won't have much macro effect.

Viacom was up 800% over a 12 month period. Usually, there is always one guy on that trade who is levered up to the nose.

I can't wait to see the WSB people go on and on about "See they told us that we're the ones that don't know what we're doing but look at big money"

Anyone else into set it and forget it index funds?
I’m up 10% YTD
I’m up 63% year to year 3/28/20 to 3/28/21
And overall since maybe 2017, overall since I started, I’m up 25%

Right as covid hit,I was down 15%. Nice overall recovery. But it just shows, your time table for retirement counts.

crazy random times even when-index funds sit low key.
Idk but aunt Cathie said index funds are not smart, comprised of too many dinosaurs who will die, essentially victims of the innovation she buys
Shrug

Started a position in Chargepoint Holdings, CHPT. Largest EV charging network and congress going to attempt to pass an infrastructure bill to support more EV charging. Doesn't mean it will correlate directly, but a boost to the industry is good for all involved.

For long term passive income, I’ve started a position in Realty Income Corp. Monthly dividend REIT. They’ve increased their dividend every year since 1969 and is a pretty stable play. Gonna add a share every week.
I actually sold some O a few months ago to buy something else. Might buy back in and hold long term.

As far as I've been told no. Hard to really say being that its quarter-end and there will be a lot vol/profit-taking to prop up performance/pension plan selling, but the fund seemed so concentrated that it won't have much macro effect.

Viacom was up 800% over a 12 month period. Usually, there is always one guy on that trade who is levered up to the nose.

I can't wait to see the WSB people go on and on about "See they told us that we're the ones that don't know what we're doing but look at big money"
Good to hear the solid confidence in the larger market. If theres any rumblings of widespread systemic risk that could push a bank like CS under, I'm liquidating everything.

For now I'll let it ride.

For long term passive income, I’ve started a position in Realty Income Corp. Monthly dividend REIT. They’ve increased their dividend every year since 1969 and is a pretty stable play. Gonna add a share every week.

what is the dividend percentage and how much a share? Thx

Nibbled and bought few more shares of Roku at 301. Just chefk back in 8 months, gotta remember patience
Forget 8 months, check back in 5 years and you’ll have a 10 bagger.

closed ftch today at 50 and change, bought CMIIU haven’t read the presentation for SomaLogic yet but I like what I saw revs wise and the fact that they’re involved in drug discovery
Also added some PD at 39.20. Bad buy, but whatever 5 years is what I’m looking for.

Rough day for me, I figured the last hour would be ok but nothing happened. Might start trading the open instead of the close.

Was hoping this legalization news would boost Sundial but NOPE
In a tape where the best stocks in the world are getting hammered you really thought some piece of **** meme stock would catch a bid? Cmon man. The time to trade those and trade them hard is in a strong tape when the suits can’t find a better trade elsewhere.

i feel the pain. a big chunk of my portfolio is in tdoc

😭😭
It’s not today or tomorrow that we’re after, right? I couldn’t handle that TDOC pain. It’s a tough one right now but you’re basically owning livongo’s valuation with tdoc’s offerings for free at these levels.

Back
Top Bottom