OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

:lol: I’m all the way good on that.

I haven’t really traded today. It’s too sketchy for me now. A little on the Russel that’s it.

:lol: man I’ll stick to the indexes. Once you get off the beaten path unless it’s gold or crude I’m good.

:lol: I’m all the way good on that.

I haven’t really traded today. It’s too sketchy for me now. A little on the Russel that’s it.

I mean if that’s your comfort zone
The set Ups are the exact same for me
Just the math is different I know some dudes that trade futures overnight and sleep during the day :lol::lol:

There’s nice plays at night sometimes then other times it’s ****.

idk I’ll look into it. Nothing is my comfort zone now. :lol:

I like futures. It’s sketchy af though so I’m just staying cautious for now.

Last edited:
There’s nice plays at night sometimes then other times it’s ****.

idk I’ll look into it. Nothing is my comfort zone now. :lol:

I like futures. It’s sketchy af though so I’m just staying cautious for now.

You know what you are totally correct on that I remembered when I first was curious about it
Back when
Trump was president and one of our army basis got attacked the market plummeted probably more than 400 points
Then news came out it was no casualties and the market recovered overnight
Stock message board were going crazy dudes was counting there money before they even closed the position :lol::lol:

you gotta set a trailing stop and just let it rip or watch it like a hawk and keep your stop close and move it as it goes up.

I never set a take profit because sometimes it will just run forever.

crude is on another level. :lol:

you gotta set a trailing stop and just let it rip or watch it like a hawk and keep your stop close and move it as it goes up.

I never set a take profit because sometimes it will just run forever.

crude is on another level. :lol:

I don’t set them either if I’m in a good winning trade with a hood trend for a good while I’ll close it and move on
Just like yesterday around 8:33 saw a good trend bought calls sold them and 8:39 for more than 50% since SPY had room to run yesterday morning
I’ll take 10% scalps as well just let that **** compound

that's all I did today was take a few scalps. the market is too foul right now for anything else for me. I'm over it for today.

the thing that kills the scalps is the fees for me but there was nothing else I could do today.

CHWY babyyyyy :pimp: Regret only having 10 shares in them, but happy to see the small $Becky play still working well. COVID puppies like mine are still paying off for the BIG DAWGS.

LULU still deciding if they're gonna pump or dump.

that's all I did today was take a few scalps. the market is too foul right now for anything else for me. I'm over it for today.

the thing that kills the scalps is the fees for me but there was nothing else I could do today.
Just trade SPY during the day if the fees are adding up.

I don't really even like scalping tbh, I'm not good at it. I was just doing it today because a 30 dollar win was turning into a 10 dollar loss instantly.

I'm trading gold as we speak, I could almost call it relaxing. :lol: its so chill.

I don't really even like scalping tbh, I'm not good at it. I was just doing it today because a 30 dollar win was turning into a 10 dollar loss instantly.

I'm trading gold as we speak, I could almost call it relaxing. :lol: its so chill.
Personal experience, I started making money when I expanded my timeframe. Scalping and day trading is hard. Swing and positions trading is the move.

bot more CMLF into the close. 1.3% position now. Full sized until an earnings report or two. 1% cash position from the SQ trim.

here are my thoughts on why I trimmed SQ today:
Today I trimmed some $SQ, lowering it from a 5% to 3% position. The reason I did so was because of its market cap. While I love $SQ and do think a best case scenario is a $1T company, it’s runway for growth isn’t as long as it used to be.

So I rather cut that position and have the cash for other stocks that can get to the $10B mark from $1B or at least $100B mark from under $50B.

This has led me to creating a new rule that might be smart, but might be dumb, we’ll see which is max allocation of 5% for new buys over $100B MC’s as a way to maximize my potential CAGR.

Of course there are exceptions on companies that I think can become the next $AMZN or $AAPL like $SHOP for instance which is a 10% position for me. I won’t trim a stock based on it growing over that Mark, but on new buys, I’m tightening slightly unless earnings tell me otherwise

This is my way of potentially avoiding being heavily invested in a business that’s on the back end of their growth cycle and should hopefully help me avoid buying too much $CSCO at the height of the dot com bubble and never recovering.

Yeah I need to learn more about different types of trading. I went for futures because it was simple against your guys advice. :lol: I’ve had good and bad days but maintaining my account at least.

I need to learn about options too but I get overwhelmed.

Straight took a loss on my calls today used more risk then I should since I was 50% away from my next goal
****ed around and damn near loss that
Was kinda bummed
But after giving myself some positive affirmation
(The chorus of Ha from Juvenile :lol::lol:)
Reminded myself of how far I’ve come on this journey to 100k
I’m ready for today
Target for this week is still $3,200 to $6,400 this week
I still see 100k in my grasp within 5 weeks
No cap

Last edited:
that's dope man, I feel like this is going to be an expensive journey for me. :lol: maybe not, then I got my boy constantly asking me for my charts which is nice because he's helping me but I feel like a dumb ***. "bro you're revenge trading log tf off!" :lol:

This is an IPO to watch PATH
Good read here

that's dope man, I feel like this is going to be an expensive journey for me. :lol: maybe not, then I got my boy constantly asking me for my charts which is nice because he's helping me but I feel like a dumb ***. "bro you're revenge trading log tf off!" :lol:

It is expensive just look at it as you have to spend money to make money

As far as the free platforms it’s something imo that you give up for that as well

for example I would love to use webull it has faster order execution for options but checking off on a disclaimer every time you make a same day expiration order is trash
And double log ins while you have the platform open just to make a options order is also trash

On tastyworks the most that I’ve seen them charge for a option order is $43 and that’s for 250 contracts which is the Max they’ll let you buy
Unless you call them to change it
They only get commission off 10 contracts at the maximum

I might get back on Robinhood but that might be a while
I don’t want to make 100k here then transfer those funds over there because as soon as a big deposit hit my bank account it’s getting flagged to make sure it’s clean money
Then if I deposit it into Robinhood I’m only going to be able to use 1k while the rest settles

Back
Top Bottom