OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

VOO is a hold over from my first round of buys. Just didn’t want to sell it. Added SPY not too long ago and plan to add only to that. Looks like the better performer for S&P 500 ETFs.
Yeah the tracking error on SPY is way tighter. VOO is cheaper though.

Yeah the tracking error on SPY is way tighter. VOO is cheaper though.
On the other hand, my recollection is that VOO has lower expense fees. As this was a LT hold for me, this is what led me to pick VOO.

Obviously SPY has much higher volume on a daily basis if that is important to you.

On the other hand, my recollection is that VOO has lower expense fees. As this was a LT hold for me, this is what led me to pick VOO.

Obviously SPY has much higher volume on a daily basis if that is important to you.
Yup that's what I meant my bad. SPY volume matters more on an institutional level.
I went with SWPPX for my s&p index on Schwab, would I be better off with voo or spy?
Its all the same. You're talking about basis points of differential that's really hard to track. I would go etf over mutual fund simply for the tax efficiency though. The mutual fund is going to pass their cap gains from rebalancing through to you in December.

Unless you can't buy partial shares of the ETF where you're at, then I would go mutual fund so you can get compounding of reinvested dividends

Ginkgo is going to change the ****ing world and is a necessity to terraform Mars

I hope this rumor is true

mplsdunk mplsdunk feel free to dm me if you have any questions. Trading is cool and the idea of taking a daily check is awesome, but don’t lose sight of the immense opportunity you have with long term investing. That with getting good at trading will give you any life you want.

thanks man, I’ll probably be hitting you up when I get closer to pulling the trigger.

yeah I want to do both. Maybe some conservative swing trades that I can scale over time and for sure a lot of investing.

I want to have a way to make money where it’s a second income to my Job.

you haven’t steered me wrong yet, listened to you in crypto and I’m sitting nice now for only 4 months in. Appreciate the advice as always.

Yup that's what I meant my bad. SPY volume matters more on an institutional level.

Its all the same. You're talking about basis points of differential that's really hard to track. I would go etf over mutual fund simply for the tax efficiency though. The mutual fund is going to pass their cap gains from rebalancing through to you in December.

Unless you can't buy partial shares of the ETF where you're at, then I would go mutual fund so you can get compounding of reinvested dividends
Gotcha so I’ll make the shift on Monday then. Just looking to obviously dca over the next 18 years and worry as little as possible about taxes short term.

Good article about quantum computing and DMYI

Last edited:
Six months into my investing journey. Starting out my portfolio consisted of 25-30 different stocks, ETFs, REITs, etc. No method to the madness. Way too much to track. Decided to consolidate and now my portfolio looks like this...

Index / ETFs: VOO, QQQ, SPY, ARKK, ARKX
Stocks: ABNB, SQ, PTON, DIS, DKNG

I want to add 5 more quality individual, dividend paying stocks max. Maybe a REIT or two and 2-3 SPACs. From there, just hodl and chill.

I feel like your Index/ETFs overlap a lot. If TESLA has a bad day you're going to feel it considering it's a good piece of 4 of those indexes. Unless this overweighting is on purpose than by all means carry on. I guess I see the purpose of using indexes as not needing extra pieces that complicate matters. A lot of that probably comes from taking a Bogleheads approach.

Shot in the dark here.....

What's with all the hype around POAI? Talk has been heavy around this all day. Supposedly a squeeze is in the works over the next week?

After using Webull alot more lately i must say >> robinhood any day.

Ive mentioned a PDT reset to robinhood before and was told that they couldnt remove PDT mark. I referenced that it is allowed to have a reset once every 90 days per Finra and was told no.

Webull allows a reset in app without needing to contact them and approves next day. :pimp:

Screenshot_20210411-074011(1).png

Last edited:
After using Webull alot more lately i must say >> robinhood any day.

Ive mentioned a PDT reset to robinhood before and was told that they couldnt remove PDT mark. I referenced that it is allowed to have a reset once every 90 days per Finra and was told no.

Webull allows a reset in app without needing to contact them and approves next day. :pimp:

Screenshot_20210411-074011(1).png

you can always switch it to a cash account too but I think I’m going back to margin. You can’t short on a cash account.

Any of you guys have any clean energy etf?

i want to get in on that but not sure where so I might just start buying an etf.

it’s in a dip along with all of them pretty much. Probably a good time to buy. I’m going to have to look at if I want straight solar or a bunch of stuff. Probably going in with Disney and one of these etf for my 80% long term holds.

ill wait with these etfs though and see when this pullback is done and go in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom