OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

For some people this is going to look like a lost year but it’s not. 2021 is an in between year that lets you reload and set up the future. Examine what you own and see where your conviction lies and what the data confirms.

my instinct is to trade trade trade and every day I fight that urge and instead, I focus on building and stacking. Don’t get caught in the short term volatility, don’t lose sight of the goal 3-5 years out. Roku is a 25% position and every day I itch to trim it and use that money elsewhere. But why? The goal is to stack and fill as many boats as possible before the next leg higher. Use this weakness to stack and load up and think in 4d. Don’t see what’s happening today or tomorrow, see what’s going to happen in 3-5 years.

my focus is to dca every two weeks and build as many boats as possible while we are off of all time highs. I need to add more nvta and JMIA still, but I also need more nvda. Coupling that with what I already own, I’ll be happy, and it’ll be an amazing rest of the decade.

don’t worry about the hot momentum stocks, worry about loading the boat on the best stocks you own.

What do you do with your trade profits? Compound it into more trades? Take a paycheck? Buy more long term holds and keep trading xxx amount?

i’m planning on just keeping it in my account and once I have enough to buy more long term holds I’ll do that and trade with some of the winnings as long as I’m at the 80/20 ratio.

my short term goal is just to build my account and win ratio. If I can do that I’ll trade bigger money once I have the account to back it up.

Alright I’m going to have to look into that.

yeah I don’t need the money but eventually I’ll be taking a check if I get my account looking good.

If you want to withdraw you can’t use an ira then, but worth looking into. I don’t have an ira mainly because I have two retirements from work and don’t need one necessarily but I should have one for tax purposes

If you want to withdraw you can’t use an ira then, but worth looking into. I don’t have an ira mainly because I have two retirements from work and don’t need one necessarily but I should have one for tax purposes

yeah I have an ira already and pension. My retirement is pretty much set. This is just for learning to trade and more investing and fun.

I don’t think it would be right for me. I’m about to throw my tax return in and that would already max out my contributions.

For some people this is going to look like a lost year but it’s not. 2021 is an in between year that lets you reload and set up the future. Examine what you own and see where your conviction lies and what the data confirms.

my instinct is to trade trade trade and every day I fight that urge and instead, I focus on building and stacking. Don’t get caught in the short term volatility, don’t lose sight of the goal 3-5 years out. Roku is a 25% position and every day I itch to trim it and use that money elsewhere. But why? The goal is to stack and fill as many boats as possible before the next leg higher. Use this weakness to stack and load up and think in 4d. Don’t see what’s happening today or tomorrow, see what’s going to happen in 3-5 years.

my focus is to dca every two weeks and build as many boats as possible while we are off of all time highs. I need to add more nvta and JMIA still, but I also need more nvda. Coupling that with what I already own, I’ll be happy, and it’ll be an amazing rest of the decade.

don’t worry about the hot momentum stocks, worry about loading the boat on the best stocks you own.

Realistically, where do you see NVDA pulling back to? They killed their analyst day and have a ton of momentum right now. Of course, large gap ups will eventually have gap fills but I don’t see them going back to their 50/200 SMA for a long time.

weak opens for profit taking are your only hope. It’s a $1000 stock 1-2 years out. You’ll need to look at 5/10dma short term

Everything is green as of now in my portfolio except weed stocks (APHA $ TLRY) but those will recover I’m hoping when the merger is official. Viacom is also bleeding but gonna hold out...

It’s hard not to take profits from the ones that are winning but my thought is that the long term holds like APPL, AMZN, TESLA, vanguard’s etc will be higher than they are today are some point in the future. Taking profits now in the hopes it dips lower isn’t as efficient as just buying when it dips and keeping your position. Hard to do when you keep pouring money in but like they say, “it’s not about timing the markets it’s about time in the market...” or whatever LOL.

Everything is green as of now in my portfolio except weed stocks (APHA $ TLRY) but those will recover I’m hoping when the merger is official. Viacom is also bleeding but gonna hold out...

It’s hard not to take profits from the ones that are winning but my thought is that the long term holds like APPL, AMZN, TESLA, vanguard’s etc will be higher than they are today are some point in the future. Taking profits now in the hopes it dips lower isn’t as efficient as just buying when it dips and keeping your position. Hard to do when you keep pouring money in but like they say, “it’s not about timing the markets it’s about time in the market...” or whatever LOL.
Never sell winners to buy more of a loser.

elongate that timeframe if you don’t need the money. If you’re able to think in 4d and make moves for 3-5 years out, you’re gonna be a wealthy person. If you want to trade for cash flow that’s cool too, don’t get me wrong, but that long timeframe is what creates wealth. I can go ahead and take some profits in AAPL and try to compound it somewhere else, or I could sit back and fill my boats with DCA’s on payday instead and let AAPL compound for me. I’ll take the latter everyday.

I'll be selling some of my Tesla position after earnings come out.

Been looking at spacs for a while and only invested in one.. Playboy. Anyone else holding? Went in heavy throughout February when I learned that they own yandy.

I believe TSLA is running because Binance is planning on caring TSLA as well as other actual stocks in the near future...

Back
Top Bottom