OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Probably started my heavy investing at the worst time ever lol

I'm Out REEK GIF LMAO.gif

HELP

My pit on ATVI added a extra $47 in gains on top of the 100+% that it was yesterday and I’m glad I sold because it bounced back up for a recovery with a extra $2+ my
Puts would have been down 30% from where I bought them :lol::lol::lol:

We're all gonna be fine man for real. And on the flip side, your 401k is taking advantage of the dips buying every time you get paid.
that reminds me, I want to take home a little more money in my paycheck and was going to either switch from contributing to my Roth 401k to traditional or keep it Roth and lower the contribution amount. I try to hit the irs Max so I have room to go down without getting close to not receiving my company match. I’m not sure which option though.
I do want to switch back to Roth eventually, probably start of 2022...

that reminds me, I want to take home a little more money in my paycheck and was going to either switch from contributing to my Roth 401k to traditional or keep it Roth and lower the contribution amount. I try to hit the irs Max so I have room to go down without getting close to not receiving my company match. I’m not sure which option though.
I do want to switch back to Roth eventually, probably start of 2022...
You and I are in the same boat when it comes to this dilemma. I literally JUST went through this exercise last month to yesterday.

I started out this year with a Roth for the first time ever (was maxing out traditional prior to his year), flipped BACK to traditional, and my check went up $200 which to me wasn't enough to move back to traditional, so I switched it back to Roth yesterday.

I would say just try it out and see how much your check moves. I also hit the max every year.

My 401k was always traditional, then the last few years I was putting more towards Roth 401k, but now I've switched back to 100% traditional to max out. Tax savings now + there are ways to cash out later in life while still limiting your tax liability, back doors, conversions, roth ladders, SEP, etc.

I think its good to have a mixture as no one really knows what taxes will look like in the future. 401k with both pre and post tax, a separate Roth IRA, and a separate after-tax brokerage account(s) is what I do. As well as crypto accounts.

sold TWLO and JMIA today

lost conviction in them. twlo I feared a rerating back to precovid levels
JMIA I feared it taking years if ever to recover to the highs

bought more pins and fsly instead. why? conviction in the stocks never changed (slightly weary about management for fsly tbh but my thesis has always been edge is not being included into estimates from analysts)

this is was not easy at all. felt sick clicking the buy button. but opportunity comes knocking with a fistful of fear. if the thesis's are correct, in 5 years I'll be pissed I didn't buy those 2 at these levels.

I will say I wanted more fb as well but couldn't fit it at the moment. such resilience. I may end up cutting nvta tbh

My 401k was always traditional, then the last few years I was putting more towards Roth 401k, but now I've switched back to 100% traditional to max out. Tax savings now + there are ways to cash out later in life while still limiting your tax liability, back doors, conversions, roth ladders, SEP, etc.

I think its good to have a mixture as no one really knows what taxes will look like in the future. 401k with both pre and post tax, a separate Roth IRA, and a separate after-tax brokerage account(s) is what I do. As well as crypto accounts.
The ambiguity of taxes is what made me flip to Roth. I just have to reasonably assume that taxes will be higher in the next 50 or so years, but then again... this is America, where people can give away $23MM tax free and somehow STILL think its not enough so who knows.

Won't Roth convert my traditional dollars in the event that I'm wrong as you said. Same waterfall as well. Max out 401k, Max out the Backdoor Roth IRA, and then I look to the taxable account.

I would really one day like to go to a CFP and see how much more efficient I can make this

Reopening play is so overblown. Tech is gonna dominate for decades forward.

Agree, which is why the current market doesn't bother me. Tech is going to continue to embed itself into every facet of life and business as the years pass.

staking DAI in Gemini for 7.4%

2% fees to just buy some DAI though. You pretty much planning to use it as a savings account?

I’m so far out from my goal that’s the plan now though. I’m sure stuff will be different by the time I hit it.

right now I don’t have any dai but say all my coins added up to my goal I’d probably convert them to dai and stake them and not risk the market tanking.

then maybe I’d start over and run it up again with profits locked away.

I THANK GOD I sold the 20 excess shares I had in roku and bought fb. saved me so much money. my other 50 are creeping toward break even now since I kept some of my buys in the 350-360s

Everybody listen up! It's almost time!

20210506_094624.png

DATE: TUESDAY 5/11/2021 (launch time TBD, probably just whenever we get to it).
I know we're mostly all busy and have jobs these days, so I figure Tuesday is a better day than Monday.

DRAFT ORDER:
superantigen superantigen
alfa alfa
mplsdunk mplsdunk
broncos19dm broncos19dm (yes you're playing)
solewoman solewoman
L lazyj10
jjs jjs
noskey noskey
Brownstone Brownstone
tomdiginson tomdiginson
$tatus $ymbol $tatus $ymbol
degenerate423 degenerate423
johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm
htg designs htg designs
3am scholar 3am scholar
iheartboost iheartboost
antidope antidope
ballinsam23 ballinsam23
coolcool coolcool
jigsta05 jigsta05
QU!K QU!K

If I missed anyone let me know and I'll re-run the randomizer.

RULES:
Each team gets 4 picks.
Picks are in snake-style order. So QU!K QU!K gets the last pick of round 1, and the first pick of round 2.
Each pick can be any US-exchange listed equity.
No crypto.
No penny stocks or OTC equities.
No trading draft picks.

TRACKING:
I'll enter into an Excel sheet the picks, price at time of draft pick, and date. We'll periodically have updates.
If anyone has other methods please feel free to use, but Excel will be easiest for me at this time.

WINNER:
The winner is determined by AVERAGE percentage gain of combined stock picks. Gains are based on percentages, not strictly dollar increases/decreases to stock price.
E.g. if I draft AAPL, TSLA and NKLA, and each stock rises 10% over the time period, my gains are 10%. If someone else drafts PTON, ETSY, and SBUX, and the gains are -5%, 0%, and 5% the total gains are 0%.

The winner will be determined on Friday, October 1, 2021.

If theres a tie somehow, we will determine the winner by way of runoff - two week tracking of newly selected picks previously undrafted.

Any questions, concerns, suggestions, please feel free to @ me or DM me. I'm open to literally anything, as this is probably going to be a ****ing mess. If there were any rules I overlooked, or anything I can improve on, let me know
If anyone wants to involve themselves in the process, please do so.

At the end of the day, this is meant to be fun. Everybody be excellent to each other.

Everybody listen up! It's almost time!

20210506_094624.png

DATE: TUESDAY 5/11/2021 (launch time TBD, probably just whenever we get to it).
I know we're mostly all busy and have jobs these days, so I figure Tuesday is a better day than Monday.

DRAFT ORDER:
superantigen superantigen
alfa alfa
mplsdunk mplsdunk
broncos19dm broncos19dm (yes you're playing)
solewoman solewoman
L lazyj10
jjs jjs
noskey noskey
Brownstone Brownstone
tomdiginson tomdiginson
$tatus $ymbol $tatus $ymbol
degenerate423 degenerate423
johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm
htg designs htg designs
3am scholar 3am scholar
iheartboost iheartboost
antidope antidope
ballinsam23 ballinsam23
coolcool coolcool
jigsta05 jigsta05
QU!K QU!K

If I missed anyone let me know and I'll re-run the randomizer.

RULES:
Each team gets 4 picks.
Picks are in snake-style order. So QU!K QU!K gets the last pick of round 1, and the first pick of round 2.
Each pick can be any US-exchange listed equity.
No crypto.
No penny stocks or OTC equities.
No trading draft picks.

TRACKING:
I'll enter into an Excel sheet the picks, price at time of draft pick, and date. We'll periodically have updates.
If anyone has other methods please feel free to use, but Excel will be easiest for me at this time.

WINNER:
The winner is determined by AVERAGE percentage gain of combined stock picks. Gains are based on percentages, not strictly dollar increases/decreases to stock price.
E.g. if I draft AAPL, TSLA and NKLA, and each stock rises 10% over the time period, my gains are 10%. If someone else drafts PTON, ETSY, and SBUX, and the gains are -5%, 0%, and 5% the total gains are 0%.

The winner will be determined on Friday, October 1, 2021.

If theres a tie somehow, we will determine the winner by way of runoff - two week tracking of newly selected picks previously undrafted.

Any questions, concerns, suggestions, please feel free to @ me or DM me. I'm open to literally anything, as this is probably going to be a ****ing mess. If there were any rules I overlooked, or anything I can improve on, let me know
If anyone wants to involve themselves in the process, please do so.

At the end of the day, this is meant to be fun. Everybody be excellent to each other.
As a visual aid, it would look somewhat like what I use:

1200x632.png.bcb1b43433434a518e577d056612a224

I would help, but I am going back to the office in a month (SMH) so my time on NT during the date is gonna go back to zero.

I do want to point out that running 20+ versions of the above isn't easy noskey noskey is the man for even offering to do it.

Back
Top Bottom