OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Brokers offer margin accounts, which are essentially cash loans for trading/investment on their platform. They gotta make sure your finances are in order before they throw you a line of credit. Also things like higher level options trading are credit transactions, they just want to make sure you're good for it.
oh ok i'm not trying to deal with margins or options, just straight buy and sell with whatever I put in, nothing else. That's why I was kind of confused
In addition to what goldenchild said, I think these platform are treated just like regulard financial institution and are required to have some information on their "clients".

you know... feds watching
nerd.gif
Ok I feel you just trying to make sure I'm doing everything right

Ive been reading up, watching videos, and taking courses and I am about to create an acct on td ameritrade. The only thing that is getting me is why do they need employer info and financial info. Can anybody give me some type of insight on that?

They just ask for more information to make sure you know what you are getting into, and for margin. If you just want to buy and sell shares, sign up for Robinhood for $0 fees. It's seriously worth it.

I just switched to tastyworks, their fees are $1 per contract, with no closing fees :wow:

I looked at my May statement and I spent $800 in option fees...I pay $6.95/.75 per contract currently, opening and closing..

They just ask for more information to make sure you know what you are getting into, and for margin. If you just want to buy and sell shares, sign up for Robinhood for $0 fees. It's seriously worth it.

I just switched to tastyworks, their fees are $1 per contract, with no closing fees :wow:

I looked at my May statement and I spent $800 in option fees...I pay $6.95/.75 per contract currently, opening and closing..
Ok I'm a check out robin hood thanks

market has been acting strange surrounding this comey stuff. How many of you are selling shares today and repurchasing friday?

I owned Tesla for a few days at $40 and sold it at a loss. Didn't even know what the company did and Cramer hated it. Those were the days.

I had 55 shares of TSLA at 90 at some point
Damn that sucks. I'm still holding 2/3 of my initial holdings, but I sold 1/3 almost a year ago at around 190 at a small loss. I've been tempted to reduce my position even further given the run up, but F it. It's my in Roth so I really just need to hold and not try and time anything.

Last edited:
I owned Tesla for a few days at $40 and sold it at a loss. Didn't even know what the company did and Cramer hated it. Those were the days.

Always inverse Cramer.

Might hop on the Nvda train myself tomorrow with some calls short term calls, not sure though. The NVDA upgrades will probably give it more juice for tomorrow.

Last edited:
I've been wrong before, but I think you're late to the gravy train in the short term

Man, they report earnings in August (I think) and I don't see any signs of them slowing down. I just have to convince myself that people aren't looking to take profits at $160.

I've been telling myself to buy in for the longest time. Bought in a little high but this ride still has room to run when it's up 3% pre market.

In at 167.11

Anyone trying to catch this NVDA bottom yet? This selling volume is crazy and today's candle signals exhaustion. The stock probably needs some consolidation before going higher

Nasdaq getting beat up today vs. the wider market. 

Put a limit order in to double my recent GOOGL position if it drops to $975.

Last edited:
In
I've had my series 7 for a few months now. Looking to really get into the markets, any tips on how to get started in the industry?
Any advisors on NT? :nerd:

[h1]NT Stock Game will conclude at end of day June 12[/h1]
Details for the second game will follow

[h1]OFFICIAL NT STOCK GAME VOL. 2 (SUMMER 17)[/h1][h2]LINK TO GAME HERE[/h2]
After the successful first NT Stock Game, we are back for Volume 2. This game will be shorter-term (3 months) with a lower starting balance of $50k. Volume 2 hopes to simulate more real world portfolios.

Because of the incoming summer, the game's start date will be June 26, 2017. This will also allow for more member participation.

=========================================================

REGISTRATION

**If you already have a Marketwatch account from the first game, please use that email to log into your account.**

1.) Please sign up for a new Marketwatch account on the top of the main page. Marketwatch will send an email to your email address to confirm your account.

2.) First name should be NT. Last name should be your username. Example: NT Slighted

3.) This game is private. Password = NTYAMBS (all caps)

4.) When your account is created, open the link above, enter the password, and click blue button TRADE NOW!

RULES

- The game will run from June 26, 2017 to August 31, 2017. New participants can NOT join after the start date. Please sign up before June 26.

- All symbols can be traded.

- Short selling and margin selling are allowed.

- Starting balance is $50,000.

- Commission/fee per trade is $5. There is no limit on amount of daily trades.

- Participants will be able to view each others' portfolios.

- You can place your trades now, but they will only take effect on the June 26 start date.

- Please bookmark the link to the game for easier access.

DUMMY ACCOUNT

- As requested by several NT members, there will be a dummy account in this game that will only invest in the Vanguard S&P 500 ETF (VOO). This account will be created and managed by @Slighted

- If this account wins the game, shame on all of you deliciously debonair degenerates.

REWARDS

- The winner of this game on August 31, 2017 will receive e-kudos and a slightly used fleshlight.

Last edited:
OMG!!!! Amazon at 958!!!!! We are going down boys

Sweet mother of god. sell it all, put it all under your mattress

My $JD calls have tanked so hard as well

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom