OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

If one had like $10-40K cash right now, would you suggest getting into the market now?

Or would you guys rather sit on it for a few months? Not because you're necessarily waiting for a crash but just because of these strange times we are going through

I know it's best not to try to time the market, but this period is filled with so much uncertainty like we've never seen before. Just wanted to get some thoughts!
I’d figure out a plan to DCA into a some outstanding stocks with great futures and go from there. No way I’d deploy all my capital up here in one shot.

crownedhead crownedhead
If I had 40k, I would definitely need to think of long term, diversification, and Dividends...other things to think about is what a few TA are saying that a big correction is coming, something similar to what happen after the dot.com bubble. They’re saying either before or after the election. Something to thing about.

I myself will put 50% in physical Metals and gold/silver miners (I read up on Dow to gold ratio, gold to silver ratio).
The other 50% I would look for Some high yield dividend fund(s).
Some here should have good input.

If I was going to build a portfolio from the bottom up

bitcoin 5%
Large cap growth mutual fund 15%
Mid cap growth mutual fund 15%
Dividend equity mutual fund 15%
Blue chip tech stock that is still growing and has a dividend 10%
high growth SaaS stock 5%
high growth social media stock 5%
high growth SaaS stock involved in cyber security 5%
high growth telehealth/remote health/biotech stock 5%
Blue chip stock with branding power 10%
blue chip stock everyone needs 10%

I wouldn’t not own any oil stocks, I would not own any retail stocks under $20. I would not own any legacy company that appears undervalued. I would not own any Chinese stocks. I would not own any otc’s or meme stocks. But this is along the lines of what my portfolio looks like minus the blue chips, mine is a little more aggressive with the only blue chip being Disney. I also own a high growth advertising stock in ROKU and would love to buy TTD at 305 or less.

see what works for you just don’t invest in beached whales just because they were big deals in the 90s. Dead money is real.

FB continues to drop as more companies are dropping out of advertising on the platform, anyone waiting for it to go sub 200 or DCA as it drops for the next few days?

Last edited:
Bruh what's up with Robinhood? I go to login and as soon as I'm in it kicks me out. I log back in and all my funds and stocks I had are GONE! Site legit acting as if I never had an account, I been trading wit Robinhood since Feb :frown:

Bruh what's up with Robinhood? I go to login and as soon as I'm in it kicks me out. I log back in and all my funds and stocks I had are GONE! Site legit acting as if I never had an account, I been trading wit Robinhood since Feb :frown:

move all your assets to TDA or Fidelity...robinhood is not a consistent platform to use. I started in Jan with robinhood and left in march. couldn't take the random outage days and glitches that it had

Grabbed a small feeler in FB because it looked bouncy off a level of interest of mine, but im really looking to add in around 196 and 175. This parasite isn't going anywhere.

FSLY RIP I loved ya baby <3 Hoping to see 58 to add more lol
Looking to add DDOG around 72.50

CRWD starter looking weak, should've been more patient. PD looking like **** for me. ROKU back to breakeven. This is why you stay humble. Will look to add at everything I own by PD. Turd risk with that one.

thats just robinhood being robinhood. kinda like BMWs with blue smoke coming out the exhaust. its a feature.

I'm waiting for Facebook to dip a little more before I go in. They have a chance to bring in some money with this Facebook Gaming thing. Will be waiting to see if they can bring in some big time streamers like Ninja.

I'm waiting for Facebook to dip a little more before I go in. They have a chance to bring in some money with this Facebook Gaming thing. Will be waiting to see if they can bring in some big time streamers like Ninja.

I honestly don't know how much more they are really going to drop. The vast majority of their advertising revenue comes from small and mid sized business. I guess large cap advertising only accounts for about 6% of their total so I would say the damage is done unless mom and pop shops follow suit

I honestly don't know how much more they are really going to drop. The vast majority of their advertising revenue comes from small and mid sized business. I guess large cap advertising only accounts for about 6% of their total so I would say the damage is done unless mom and pop shops follow suit
Mom and Pop would stop advertising because of Covid not this. Their image and branding isn't as important as an established corporation. I've been slowly adding all morning, still not even a starter position since I want to see 196, 182, 175 but I'm preparing myself in case it doesn't happen.

Added a lil CRWD as well. Still very small there, really wanna add more at 83.

TikTok is the devil of spyware. That reverse engineering expose is glaring. They farm everything on your phone, literally everything. Your clipboard, everything. Do NOT transact or copy any valuable information if you have TikTok.

Adding more PINS. Call buying today.
Added a lil DDOG too. Nice recovery in the Q’s this morning.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom