OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

RH was never intended to be a day trading app. It BECAME that once Covid happened because of gamification

Yeap it’s horrible for day trading that PDT rule confirms that and the fact that if you open up a cash account you can’t trade options

I learned that earlier on
“Like damn if I make one bad trade I can’t try to make up my losses unless I got a day trade to spare “
What kind of **** is that

EAST COAST BULLDOGS. THE MORNINGS FIRST WAVE BELONGS TO YOU
1611901405773.gif

Uhh what's the story here? Outright saying you're manipulating the market is not the way to win this war :lol:

He has posted a lot on GME and has been listed on gmedd.com person to follow list. Can’t say much else myself but seems to have a following on Reddit. But deleted his Twitter earlier in the week then came back with this.

I've had amc for over a year. The shorts made it drop to almost nothing. In my mind I wrote it off as a loss so I'm just going to hold even if it goes to zero.

Then, robinhood and others did what they did. I bought a few more on fidelity

He has posted a lot on GME and has been listed on gmedd.com person to follow list. Can’t say much else myself but seems to have a following on Reddit. But deleted his Twitter earlier in the week then came back with this.
Somehow I missed that in the madness. Oh well, I hope he's bluffing and theres not actually a coordinated attempt at price manipulation.... sort of.

So I’m thinking of taking all the earnings from this ridiculous week, putting it into Apple, logging out and not checking it for a year.

What % of your portfolio would it be? Or would that be your only position?

Since I don't know your situation at all, feel free to disregard this if it doesn't help you or pertain to your situation. But maybe it will help a new NT investor reading this. Most people shouldn't be choosing individual stocks, it's just so risky.

A safer and usually more profitable investment in the long run is investing in mutual funds or ETFs which are like a mix of various stocks. That way even if one specific company tanks for whatever reason, you'll be covered by the rest. While it may not outperform your preferred individual stock (although it certainly can), the big upside is you won't have to worry whenever your stock has a bad day or bad news comes out.

There's tons of ETFs out there. I'll post two that are popular and I personally like:
SPY is comprised of 500+ large cap and mid cap companies. It has Apple as their largest holding followed by Microsoft, Amazon, Facebook, etc. These are the type of companies you can just invest in and not look at for a year and be confident you're making a good return. So an ETF full of those types of companies seems very safe and profitable.

C6C6578F-B048-469E-8718-F2E01D4CB1B6.jpeg

Another popular one is ARKW, which has Tesla, Roku, Square etc. This is a much riskier ETF but has potential for much higher returns. It all depends on your situation, but maybe a mix of two ETFs would make sense.
"ARKW ETF focuses on innovation and advancements in Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, E-Commerce, Digital Media, and Cryptocurrencies."

00BEFAB3-C978-4BCA-8390-AC39942F1DE4.jpeg

Last edited:
I feel one of two things is going to happen to RH, one, the company is done, app goes belly up, they go dark for awhile, a few execs cop a plea deal, and similar app appears in 6 months. Two, these hedge funds give them a blank check to settle out of court. RH reshuffles the brand,, yet still exist, people forget and move on.

I feel one of two things is going to happen to RH, one, the company is done, app goes belly up, they go dark for awhile, a few execs cop a plea deal, and similar app appears in 6 months. Two, these hedge funds give them a blank check to settle out of court. RH reshuffles the brand,, yet still exist, people forget and move on.

RH is a trash app it’s no way around it
But I don’t like the fact that these other platforms aren’t even catching strays from this situation
They all literally did it as well
Even cash app at one point wouldn’t let you buy shares

Back
Top Bottom