OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Thanks, yeah I got SQ and PINS individually already but only a few shares of each. ETF might be the move here.

you buying today?Got post notifications on for your twitter
I must have blown your phone up this morning when I went through charts my bad lol

I bought more JMIA up to 45 shares, trying to get at least 50. This is why

Someone school me on SNAP. Like, who still uses it? Everyone I know is just on IG now. Trying to understand this rally they're having.

Someone school me on SNAP. Like, who still uses it? Everyone I know is just on IG now. Trying to understand this rally they're having.
Gen Z loves Snap man. Snap has them in a choke hold. DAUs are still going up and they're finally figuring out how to monetize it. Its my second-best performer ITD and I let people talk me out of going big in it when I believed.

Last edited:
I almost bought leaps when it was around $5 just as a gamble since every student of mine would be on it during class and in the hallway. Welp.

SQ has me intrigued and i know this is a great entry point, but not sure whether to trade it for the run up or just buy shares.

I almost bought leaps when it was around $5 just as a gamble since every student of mine would be on it during class and in the hallway. Welp.
I let a coworker talk me out of making it one of my conviction plays and upping the sizing. I had it in my speculative bucket to start.

I really try not to do hindsight analysis but this one hurts cause I was totally right on it. A 7 bagger that should be way more on a national basis for me SMH.

sold half of my NLS position and used the money to buy HAAC maybe wait n see if NLS gets back to 25 to sell the rest shoulda sold when it got to 30 but hind sight is 20/20

I had thought the same for a while because nobody in my circles was using it. The generation younger than us loves that **** though. My wife's students, our nieces and nephews, all use it religiously. They don't text. Basically all of their communication is through SNAP.

I had thought the same for a while because nobody in my circles was using it. The generation younger than us loves that **** though. My wife's students, our nieces and nephews, all use it religiously. They don't text. Basically all of their communication is through SNAP.
Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 11.24.41 AM.png

You see it, man... That was when I went in. I couldn't believe it. Its "No Face No Case" taken to the extreme. The same thing Cuban tried to do with Cyber Dust.

My younger brother schooled me on it, I felt semi-washed but man he was right.

SQ has me intrigued and i know this is a great entry point, but not sure whether to trade it for the run up or just buy shares.
I think SQ can be a trillion dollar company. Who knows, right, but I'm holding for the next decade.
sold half of my NLS position and used the money to buy HAAC maybe wait n see if NLS gets back to 25 to sell the rest shoulda sold when it got to 30 but hind sight is 20/20
I bought that risk reversal OG did in NLS for 2023, numbers were good, but governance sucks on JRNY. I'd exit tbh if I could get a fill but I can't so ill worry about it in 2 years. I would be buying so much more HAAC if I had cash free.

bot more U yesterday premarket around the 111 level. 45 shares now. this chart pattern looks great with a set risk here for a reversal play.

Is the rule of thumb basicallly that you want to beat the market year to year? So on average you’d want greater than 15% per year?
Historically the S&P is at 11%, but there's two schools of thought.

A. As long as you're beating inflation you're good.
B. Beating the market

For me A>B. Benchmarking/relative returns are kinda outdated to me. As long as you're making money relative to your risk level be happy.

Also the idea that the S&P is THE equity benchmark is so lazy. People make fun of people who cite the DOW then turn around and cite the S&P. If it was really meant to be something worth looking at, we would use the MSCI All Country World.

B. Beating the market

For me A>B. Benchmarking/relative returns are kinda outdated to me. As long as you're making money relative to your risk level be happy.

Also the idea that the S&P is THE equity benchmark is so lazy. People make fun of people who cite the DOW then turn around and cite the S&P. If it was really meant to be something worth looking at, we would use the MSCI All Country World.
I'm waiting for people to accept that the Nasdaq is the meaningful index out of the 3. But it's a bubble. Huge bubble. :nerd:

B. Beating the market

What about
C- beating the gains you could be seeing from other types of investments? That’s a big part of my mindset. Learning about and investing in market is fun to me, but at the end of the day if my money is better served in other business strategies then I’m going to go that route, with diversification also in mind.

What about
C- beating the gains you could be seeing from other types of investments? That’s a big part of my mindset. Learning about and investing in market is fun to me, but at the end of the day if my money is better served in other business strategies then I’m going to go that route, with diversification also in mind.
I agree with this but for most people it's cash or the market. The concept of opportunity cost only exists if you have options.

How long has Cramer been doing this for? For as much as he knows he should be a retired hundred millionaire by now.

Back
Top Bottom