OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I like the idea here as a spec for remote monitoring on infants and think it’s a great niche market and a perfect Becky stock. I took my warrants off just to squeeze more money for stocks I liked better like twlo sq JMIA but it’s a solid spec. Warrants under 1.80 are cheap and that’s how I’d play.

“Becky”. Was exactly what I thought of with Owlet.

Bruh, this VIAC earnings call is mad looooong. They bringing out multiple celebs repeating the same **** over and over about Paramount +. Just give me the numbers

I called AAPL and asked to speak to Tim Cook.......he told me to hold the line :ohwell:

We been trading sideways for almost 6 months, WAKE UP!!!

Ive been eyeing Apple for a couple weeks. Unfortunately it’s already 5% of my portfolio, so it’s hard for me to buy without a steep discount.

Last edited:
The price of options contracts is heavily affected by the stock's volatility. GME is the most volatile stock in the world at the moment, so you pay a heavy premium to buy the option contract.

In all sincerity, no shade in this at all, I suggest starting down the options trading hole with Investopedia and youtube videos. They're very complicated and I don't suggest trading them at all, until you understand the basics of how they get priced and how the price of the contracts are affected.
Thanks

“Becky”. Was exactly what I thought of with Owlet.
Wifey sees it all of the time on the mothering forums she’s on. I think it’s worth a spec via warrants. Wouldn’t buy common because I think it can very well fail if they don’t get fda approval. But with warrants you basically have the call option for the next 6 years to redeem if it works.

lmk if y’all wanna read about JMIA being upgraded and it’s earnings

I had JMIA at $47 today on my perfect set up and I didn't trust it and sold off. Of all the dumb **** I have done in 2021, this pisses me off to no end. Why have a plan if you don't follow it? SMH.

Implied volatility must be getting jacked up again. Makes sense. You actually might see a profit tomorrow because of that, who knows.

if you don’t understand implied volatility or theta, please stay away from options until you learn. You will lose everything thinking you’re a pro. Learn about delta, theta and volatility ASAP.

I’ll send you $20 if you can do the math (and show your work) on how the IV makes this $10 put worth $2.

Options were more than half of my losses last year

brutal stuff. Watch some YouTube videos. There’s beta and thetas and deltas involved. The concepts are simple. 90% do not buy the 100 shares, they just trade the ability to do so. It’s all timing, and quite a bit of luck.

Just this week I was telling friend I bet GME has another run up 200 range this year.....unreal

I had JMIA at $47 today on my perfect set up and I didn't trust it and sold off. Of all the dumb **** I have done in 2021, this pisses me off to no end. Why have a plan if you don't follow it? SMH.
been there many times fam. It’s a process.
I’ll send you $20 if you can do the math (and show your work) on how the IV makes this $10 put worth $2.
beats me bro lol

Cathie bought more square. If you want that JMIA update pm me. Thanks.

I don’t understand options at all.
I am going down the path of becoming licensed to do some investments through my job and will be doing the SIE, Series 6, and Series 63? Exams. In a few months hopefully I learn quite a bit more in general than what I know now.
The 6 and 63 really don't cover options like that. I got liscened pre- SIE but I have heard that options are a minor portion of it as well.

Now if you end up having to take the 7... .Options are 40%+ of the test.

I will say that I have done all of those, have my series 4, and am on CFA Level III and I still consider myself someone who barely understands options. The books are so far and away from how it really operates its not even funny. Once you start getting into the Greeks just count me out.

Even when I did trade them I only went long calls and puts. I dabbled with Put Writing on paper and ultimately passed on it. Anything else is a big no-no for me.

Intrigued by the demand that Paramount+ will command

after looking into the TDOC call more I came across them hyping up their LVGO synergies and utilizing LVGO for behavioral health monitoring. Got longer by trimming ONDS in half and cutting KBNT for a loss. ONDS has 10-100 bagger potential but it also has real risks to 0. Same can be said for KBNT to the downside with less clarity on the upside for now. Going with the safer vehicle that is growing very well organically.

when CML pro lists their top picks I may wind up trimming a little NVDA to create cash just since the growth potential will be greater in theory if I like what I read but my portfolio is pretty solid. I just don’t have anything at this point I can cut or trim without regretting it. And nvda is a beast so idk if I’ll even do that. I’ll have to be blown away by the top picks or just go on margin. We’ll see.

The 6 and 63 really don't cover options like that. I got liscened pre- SIE but I have heard that options are a minor portion of it as well.

Now if you end up having to take the 7... .Options are 40%+ of the test.

I will say that I have done all of those, have my series 4, and am on CFA Level III and I still consider myself someone who barely understands options. The books are so far and away from how it really operates its not even funny. Once you start getting into the Greeks just count me out.

Even when I did trade them I only went long calls and puts. I dabbled with Put Writing on paper and ultimately passed on it. Anything else is a big no-no for me.

Thanks for the input. This is pretty much my foot in the door I figured, but am hoping to only continue to advance in the world of investments.

Yeah I think I’m gonna trim down nvda tomorrow and save that cash for top picks and maybe adding back the onds I sold. I’m only seeing a 3x there and I’ll still be pretty long.

Thanks for the input. This is pretty much my foot in the door I figured, but am hoping to only continue to advance in the world of investments.
Word! Thats how I went about it. I started off in the back office, got licensed up and pivoted to front office after like 2.5 years. They're extremely valuable if plan to stay in the field and ask your firm if they would let you take others. I only needed the 7, and 63 for my old job, they let you take any exam you wanted.

I ended up getting my 7, 66, 24, & 4.

LOL, my only green stocks the past two days have been the dumb YOLO ones I refused to sell low. I sold GME a while back but still have AMC, Express,BB, Nokia, and also reinvested in Nakd a couple days ago when it was under a dollar. Haha, I can picture Johnny rolling his eyes.

Back
Top Bottom