OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Also, didn't check or care about my portfolio much the past couple weeks. NBA Top Shot has been the most insane investment I've experienced ever.

Just sell it for a profit this time. You always get a second bounce in these stocks. It’ll be shorter lived, but an opportunity to sell into strength. Take it and walk away.

look at FUBO’s chart as an example. It’ll be a lower high when this is all said and done.

Also, didn't check or care about my portfolio much the past couple weeks. NBA Top Shot has been the most insane FAD I've experienced ever.
Fixed

U think top shot is insane get into the pog and pokemon "markets". Its hillarious to me to watch these twitch ppl on twitter all pull the same cards over n over n over but swear theyre worth 5 n 6 figuree :lol:

Fixed

U think top shot is insane get into the pog and pokemon "markets". Its hillarious to me to watch these twitch ppl on twitter all pull the same cards over n over n over but swear theyre worth 5 n 6 figuree :lol:

The NBA, NBPA, and Dapper Labs have partnered up to create this venture. It takes something that's been around for 125 years (trading cards) and improved on the idea using current technology. The experience overall is so much more enjoyable to many of us that I just can't see it disappearing. You get a lot of the fun of collecting cards, without the frustration of waiting months to get cards graded, or having to ship cards out when they sell, or having to worry about ruining your cards, etc. And, frankly, a highlight clip is just a lot more exciting than a picture.

Now, if you're referring to collectors making money off of this, it's all supply vs demand. Right now it's new and demand is 100x more than supply, so it's easy money. No one knows when that will change, although I wouldn't be surprised if it happened quickly (next three to six months). That's why I'm focused on maximizing every day while this amazing opportunity is still hot. These next five weeks should still be lucrative and I have a pretty good plan to take advantage of it. Once supply catches up to demand, I hope to be able to purchase a five figure moment from the original run, and also cash out five figures, and then go back to stocks. I'll throw that profit back into the stock market and I'll be back here having fun with y'all. And in a year or so I'll see what my moment is worth. But until then, I'll focus on and enjoy this crazy opportunity. I just had a little time and wanted to check how y'all were doing. Peace.

Last edited:
The markets are conparable fam. I said nothing of "the product" itself... which if you examined yoir heart youd realize there is none... i can watch eveey dunk lebrons ever had in the NBA on my pgone, laptop, ipad, pc anywhere anytime. But man.... if only i could jus have my own NFT version 😈

😂🤣😂🤣😂😂😂

🤡

Trimmed nvda down to a 5.6% position from 8.5% and added back kbnt and the onds trim. Probably stupid but I like the growth potential and thematics. High risk moves.

KBNT is a gamble on being the next CML Pro top pick because of its ad fraud thematic. If it’s not named, I’m going to drop it regardless of price.

My friend made ~$12k on AMC last round and has been hyping CCIV’s merger (claiming he was up $20k). Even convinced my friend who has zero experience investing to buy CCIV at $37. He went quiet past couple days and when I told my group chat to buy the dip, especially SQ he replied with, “i took a break, mentally exhausting for me at the moment.. taking over my life lol”

I wonder how much unrealized gains he lost because he was convinced CCIV was going to explode on the merger announcement. I knew he was going to get burned and I feel bad for him.

I feel like this week was big institutions crashing the markets in the open shaking out the weak hands. Now GME/AMC is back to distract again while institutions buy back the quality companies for cheap. Probably a bunch of people who sold at a loss this week will jump on GME/AMC to try to quickly make their money back. J Pows comments were timely and convenient weren’t they? >D

Institutions herding the little guys like 🐑

The markets are conparable fam. I said nothing of "the product" itself... which if you examined yoir heart youd realize there is none... i can watch eveey dunk lebrons ever had in the NBA on my pgone, laptop, ipad, pc anywhere anytime. But man.... if only i could jus have my own NFT version 😈

😂🤣😂🤣😂😂😂

🤡

Okay. I believe in the product. I doubt you've even interacted with the product or looked at any data, so I'll just leave it at that.

Last edited:
My friend made ~$12k on AMC last round and has been hyping CCIV’s merger (claiming he was up $20k). Even convinced my friend who has zero experience investing to buy CCIV at $37. He went quiet past couple days and when I told my group chat to buy the dip, especially SQ he replied with, “i took a break, mentally exhausting for me at the moment.. taking over my life lol”

I wonder how much unrealized gains he lost because he was convinced CCIV was going to explode on the merger announcement. I knew he was going to get burned and I feel bad for him.

I feel like this week was big institutions crashing the markets in the open shaking out the weak hands. Now GME/AMC is back to distract again while institutions buy back the quality companies for cheap. Probably a bunch of people who sold at a loss this week will jump on GME/AMC to try to quickly make their money back. J Pows comments were timely and convenient weren’t they? >D

Institutions herding the little guys like 🐑
People need to understand the reality behind SPACs. They’re all pre revenue. They could be great opportunities for sure. But you have to be realistic. When Lucid goes to $60 on a rumor, you need to be peeling some off and leaving 2/3s on. When the merger is confirmed and you learn it’s an 80b ev at $60 yoy need to be realistic and know that’s insane and illogical and stupid and you need to put a stop in to protect your gains because you just saw the entire trade you wanted play out. Lucid will never be Tesla.

having said that, lucid should trade 10% to Tesla so $25 and under and you have an attractive spec if you want an EV company with a great battery. I’d prefer $20 or less tbh but it’s getting attractive. Remember $24b EV at $15. That’s where you want to be close to because it gives you an arbitrage opportunity in theory

Last edited:
Nba top shot - it seems like a total joke lmao. I couldn’t help but feel that I was missing something. So I went on YouTube to learn more. I was literally laughing out loud 😂

and I’m a huge nba fan and collected b-ball/sports cards as a kid

Nba top shot - it seems like a total joke lmao. I couldn’t help but feel that I was missing something. So I went on YouTube to learn more. I was literally laughing out loud 😂

and I’m a huge nba fan and collected b-ball/sports cards as a kid

it’s insane that people out there are actually paying some of these prices.

Now, with that being said, I’ve tried to purchase common packs for the past 2 days, and it is next to impossible to cop. Taking Ls like I was on the Snkrs app.

It's gonna be damb near impossible to even get a top shot regular pack. I was in the drop yesterday with 50k ppl ahead of me :lol: :smh:

How do you make money off of this?

They have a marketplace and people buy them but apparently it’s difficult at the beginning to get your money out of the account it takes some time, look for this with UFC as well however if the WWE does this.... THE MOON.

How do you make money off of this?

the cards you get from the packs, you can sell in the website's marketplace. You can sell them on some 3rd party sites but not sure how that works tbh. These cards are going for stoopid bread though. Check out LeBron's cards as a reference

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 9.09.00 AM.png

it’s insane that people out there are actually paying some of these prices.

Now, with that being said, I’ve tried to purchase common packs for the past 2 days, and it is next to impossible to cop. Taking Ls like I was on the Snkrs app.
I mean the “product” is a total joke but the fact that there’s way more people buying than there are available I guess presents an opportunity to make money. Idk though. What if you could electronically trade something totally random and worthless but make bank off it? Would you do it? I dunno, that’s what this sounds like to me. Then again if it’s even that hard to make a purchase, maybe it’s irrelevant

Guys there’s a separate Top Shots thread.....

6 minutes.Market opening gonna be a movie with GME
Yeah I didn’t want to go in there and tell them what they’re doing is stupid :lol:

last thing and I’m done on this topic

What if I had an oceanfront property for sale in Montana? I’ll send you the title to this imaginary home and a picture. Record it on the blockchain. Oh there’s no actual property but whatever. I’ll sell it to you for the low, and there are other buyers who will buy it for 5X. That’s what nba top shot is 😂

Meh, the way I see it as you don’t need to believe in something long term to make money. All this **** is imaginary. Just have to sell higher than you bought.

As long as it’s not your main investment vehicle, I don’t see any issues with it. Might as well be aggressive while young

Back
Top Bottom