OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I was lucky enough to spend a lot more time with my kids so far today and a lot less time looking at the markets.

Man, it is really nice to know you do not have exposure during these times. It will suck when a true bounce happens but hopefully I get in before then.

Last edited:
I was not investing heavy in March 2020, just long term shares i held since 2016 and never really looked at.

How did you guys deal with that crash? This 4% pullback on Nasdaq has me wetting the bed, so a 30% drop.....how did yall stay afloat?

I was not investing heavy in March 2020, just long term shares i held since 2016 and never really looked at.

How did you guys deal with that crash? This 4% pullback on Nasdaq has me wetting the bed, so a 30% drop.....how did yall stay afloat?
I was about 2 days late pulling all my money out of my main retirement account, but I avoided about 2/3 of the crash. I switched to the safest investment vehicles and then waited. I was about 1 month late on the upswing and did not catch all of the gains that could have been had, but I did alright. My approach is to be more cautious in times like this where valuations of companies are egregious and it seems the market is ripe for a correction. It was easy for me in March because I was on a COVID task force and I could see firsthand how bad it was getting. I didn't anticipate it lasting this long, but it was an easy decision for me. For the record, I pulled everything out earlier this week.

The reality is there is no way to "stay afloat" unless you de-leverage, i.e. sell your growth stocks. If you want to continue to own and not try to time the market, take a look at SQQQ or something similar. Throw small amounts in hedges to take the sting off. As always, remember the market could bounce and you could lose out on those too.

I was in a starter position of pins and nothing else so i was very lucky

Intrigued by $CMLF but I don’t understand the company well enough to go long stock yet so I did an options play bot the Sep 25-35 call spread, sold the 15-12.50 put spread for a .55 debit.

Fast forward to Monday and we open limit down 😂
imout.gif

Technical analysis on Tesla stock for week ending 02/27/2021. As overall market sells off, Tesla crashes to lows of $619 for the week, before recovering. We’ll wait to see how it plays out next week to confirm whether or not Tesla has put in a bottom. If in fact, the market moves higher, Tesla would need to break above $706, then recapture the 50DMA at $775. A break above that would be very bullish and would test strong resistance at $810-$825. On the bear side, if Tesla fails to break above $706, it could retest support at $635. A continued selloff could push Tesla down to the next level of support at $575.

Tesla news this week includes:
  • Tesla has made about $1 billion in profit on its Bitcoin investment
  • Tesla climbs 5% as Cathie Wood and others buy the dip after a multi-day skid
  • Tesla confirms high demand for updated Tesla Model S/X, factory restarts after parts shortage

Last edited:
Im down 240k this month. 💔 a lil annoying.. ruined me for a week lol its all good now,

Not sweating it. Its just money. It’ll come back for sure 💯💯🔥🔥🔥🔥

So many plays, theres always a chance to win !! & let me not get started in options lol 😫💔😍😍

The stock market has been so profitable. Blessing lol 🤲🏻💎🤲🏻📈

- Much luv, stay freshhhhh !! :nthat: :nthat: :nthat:

And to think I was bummed for being down a few hundred.

Got into Farfetch. I’m gonna make fetch happen to the moon

Also that was my long call option idea. Too bad I don’t have call option money available..

NKLA admitted in their quarterly earnings release yesterday that 9 statements made by Milton, including during investor presentations, were false. JP Morgan dropped their price target from 35 to 33.

When I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

Back
Top Bottom