OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Dumped RKT a month ago, wasn't doing anything, loosing money actually and now this :smh:

EDIT: Now its being halted?

Was gonna say, depending on how cool he is with you / type of guy he is, he may be all about mentoring you. Sounds like he’s about it. Especially since you’re not just trying to leach and get the “secrets”. If you read up on trading and you’re showing that growth & interest (no pun intended lol) it definitely sounds like he wants to mentor you. People (generally) want to see the people they surround themselves with eat too

Nah he’s hyped he’s got someone to talk to about it. He’s sending me charts to study and why he’s buying what.

I was hoping to start a position with Tsla at 680 today didn’t hit maybe tomorrow, I’m all cash right now, best of luck guys

Important lesson today to be patient. Didn’t want to wait to get my entry into Lucid and not it’s hitting what would have been my bid.

Damn I regret buying the dip today since it just keeps dipping. Maybe just going cash gang for the foreseeable future is the right move.

Based on what?

Why April?
Rising interest rates coupled with bloated equity prices need a few weeks to correct. The stimmy might obfuscate this but I think this is where we are headed. April will come around and more of the economy will open up. Warmer weather and the release of covid restrictions will spur economic activity and the markets will rise again.

I am sitting at about 99% cash and I even pulled my entire retirement account out of equities and into bonds. This was not a lighthearted decision as I have a significant balance in there.

I am not a financial advisor.

Started the day, port up 2%, ended the day port down 4%. Talk about a ****ing swing :angry:

SQ, AGTC and GME were the only ones that didn't bleed out. Also half of AAPL gains from yesterday were erased today. Damn.

Rising interest rates coupled with bloated equity prices need a few weeks to correct. The stimmy might obfuscate this but I think this is where we are headed. April will come around and more of the economy will open up. Warmer weather and the release of covid restrictions will spur economic activity and the markets will rise again.

I am sitting at about 99% cash and I even pulled my entire retirement account out of equities and into bonds. This was not a lighthearted decision as I have a significant balance in there.

I am not a financial advisor.
:lol: I know these feels.

If the market sells off like it did with Covid
That would be excellent want to grab these REIT’s for the low
Since they still payed the same dividend the whole time even with cheaper shares

The reality is, when we have Q3 and Q4 earnings that are just as good as they were in covid for tech, people will realize the reopening isn’t bad and we’ll see S&P 5,000 and 15,000-20,000 Nasdaq in 2022. This is annoying, but keep perspective

Started the day, port up 2%, ended the day port down 4%. Talk about a ****ing swing :angry:

SQ, AGTC and GME were the only ones that didn't bleed out. Also half of AAPL gains from yesterday were erased today. Damn.
I experienced something similar except I adjusted and set my stop losses early.

If the market sells off like it did with Covid
That would be excellent want to grab these REIT’s for the low
Since they still payed the same dividend the whole time even with cheaper shares

That would not be excellent at all.

Y'all are just taken it as a given that we'll see the kind of recovery we saw in 2020 from those Covid lows.

Be careful what you ask for

I understand being strategic and buying dips. But rooting for dips to happen? You do understand that hurts the vast majority of people (retirement funds, not actively trading), right? I wouldn’t feel good rooting for that, just to make a little money. There’s ways to make money without having most of the country impacted negatively.

I understand being strategic and buying dips. But rooting for dips to happen? You do understand that hurts the vast majority of people (retirement funds, not actively trading), right? I wouldn’t feel good rooting for that, just to make a little money. There’s ways to make money without having most of the country impacted negatively.
Rooting doesn't actually make it happen. If dips happen, people need to be aware of it and play accordingly.

It’s still unsavory to read.

Reminds me of the dudes in Vegas who play the no-pass line and root for snake eyes. The whole table loses, but who cares as long as you get yours, right?

I can’t live like that.

Reminds me of the dudes in Vegas who play the no-pass line and root for snake eyes. The whole table loses, but who cares as long as you get yours, right?

I can’t live like that.
lol thats a bit different i'd say
no pass line players are actually just better at math :lol:🤷‍♂️

I can’t live like that.
Selling is very important for the long term health of the market. Short term pain brings long term pleasure. Long as they are routine, they’re needed and should be appreciated because they allow new buyers to come in. Rooting for a crash because you’re too greedy and foolish to be invested today is a different story.

Back
Top Bottom