OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

They kept cash in tax havens to avoid US taxes. Thats circumvention of US taxes. You can argue its a smart business move and I wouldnt argue against that. But its clear that they were trying to avoid the tax bill, as evidenced by the fact that they did indeed wish to return the cash to the US and only did so after lawmakers knocked 40B off their bill. The issue is lawmakers going after low wage earners to pay for their own stimulus, while allowing billion dollar conglomerates to continually skate, not whether what apple is doing is wrong or illegal.

They were not setup to circumvent US taxes, I said this numerous times. They were setup to circumvent international taxes in nationalities that weren’t the US. US only taxes earnings made in the USA and on incomes that eventually is pulled back from international areas back to the US. Those shell companies weren’t setup to do any of that, they were setup to minimize EU taxes and other nations around the globe. I don’t know what the documentary was telling you but I read a whole thesis and wrote a project about this back in graduate school for a tax class

They were not setup to circumvent US taxes, I said this numerous times. They were setup to circumvent international taxes in nationalities that weren’t the US. US only taxes earnings made in the USA and on incomes that eventually is pulled back from international areas back to the US. Those shell companies weren’t setup to do any of that, they were setup to minimize EU taxes and other nations around the globe. I don’t know what the documentary was telling you but I read a whole thesis and wrote a project about this back in graduate school for a tax class

Did they or did they not avoid paying US taxes by keeping it where they kept it? Had they brought it home it would have been taxed to the tune of $80B, they avoided paying that until they lobbied for a lower rate. Those are the facts, you wanna argue semantics. I dont care about a NTers college term paper lol, there are a million articles from reputable journalists about this anyone can google. You're a corporate tax pro who got triggered by the word loophole and decide to argue a point no one was making :rofl:

But ima let you rock since none of this is about stocks at this point.

Set your bids and forget it today. No reason to agonize and worry. If you can’t handle another 30% drop from here or wouldn’t be excited to buy more, reconsider what you own. Don’t chase any strength off the open. 10am, join the trend.

I’m down about 10% on 4/5 positions (ROCK, SQ, IIPR, PINS). Have not averaged down on CURI which I’m down 25% on. Bought the dips a little early but I’m not feeling terrible about where I’m at. Only down like $7k. $87k in my portfolio, cashing a check for $30k today and throwing that in the brokerage. Going to be buying the dip (if it continues) with less size and more staggered. Probably won’t do anything today. May add a couple names (PYPL, AAPL) outside of what I have now eventually but really just interested in averaging down what I have. What else is looking good at these prices?

So I bought a little GME to get introduced to the basics.

Are the basics always this effed up?

All jokes aside, the fact that GameStop got you interested in the markets is awesome. Now, however, is the time to take things to the next level and learn about what makes a company great, as opposed to just following some morons on Reddit. SPACs could be cool, but you need to learn how to differentiate between the real from the frauds.

All jokes aside, the fact that GameStop got you interested in the markets is awesome. Now, however, is the time to take things to the next level and learn about what makes a company great, as opposed to just following some morons on Reddit. SPACs could be cool, but you need to learn how to differentiate between the real from the frauds.
I will not invest more money into GME, I'm only seeing, where my original "gamble" will take me. I kind of consider it learning money, that I've already written off. After a month or two, I'll try to summarize my experience, before I decide, if I have anything to do on the market myself or if I should find a safer way to invest.

So I bought a little GME to get introduced to the basics.

Are the basics always this effed up?
Nice but GME isn't the intro stock you want to dive into this with. Should of hit up the becky stocks, but hey, at least your here. Soak up some knowledge from the crew here.

Morning NT stock team!

A lot of green I see due to futures and stimmy incoming. I'm buying NOW before prices peak :pimp:
wait for a follow through day for confirmation of this reversal. it's better to accept that you may miss the best prices here to pay for the best entry to the upside. Friday was a great time to add, now we need follow through to confirm it, otherwise we could wake up in a gap down tomorrow.

I've been sitting on my hands today, doing nothing. It's boring, but so be it. Idk where I even want to through this money right now. I've got a 6.6% cash position. Will be patient for now.

I wonder what happens when they start repeating the transformation story instead of the brick and mortar story.

Anyways my SPACS are GHVI, SVAC, VGAC and FAII.

Does anybody have any travel stocks in their portfolios? Feel like I need to diversify a bit.

What is happening with GME?

Who can explain this ish to me? Is it still squeezing? Why is it still so volatile? Why so manipulated?

Why does is it inversely correlated with the market? GME starts to moon, market starts to tank.

Just when I thought we'd have a relatively calm and stable day in the markets.

How ya feel about Roku, want to add more at this dip, $340 is very tempting. I see Tesla really may hit under $500

Have NIO from months back and with it back to $36 debating on it as well

What is happening with GME?

Who can explain this ish to me? Is it still squeezing? Why is it still so volatile? Why so manipulated?

Why does is it inversely correlated with the market? GME starts to moon, market starts to tank.

Just when I thought we'd have a relatively calm and stable day in the markets.
I'm so new to all of this, so please don't make any financial decisions based on my understanding.

But... as I understand, there's only 70 million shares outstanding. Last Thursday/Friday the volume was 300 million.

It's not just about a short squeeze, there's potential a huge amount of naked option in the money, which could result in a massive failure to deliver. It appears to be a massive embarrassing ****show and there's not enough actual stock to cover the problem. Adding to that, Gamestop is described as a Blockbuster, however activist investors bought millions of stock for nothing in December and they want to kill off physical stores and turn it into the all things gaming equivalent of Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom