OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

GME opened around $170 yesterday before ER and if someone held overnight to right now they would only be up 70% on the return
Now that’s how you know those contracts were to damn high

it’s down damn near 30%
And some new buyers definitely got sucked it when it had a good uptrend just to get a new low

So it's it the Euro lockdowns driving this sell-off?

Because this ain't got shxt to do with the 10 year this time, right?

Jesus, my portfolio is taking a beating. :sick:
1616616080878.gif

Everything is going to hit the ****ing 200 day before we bottom. Just place bids there if you want to get long and wait. I say this as I bought early and am fully invested. Tired of playing this game though. Loaded where it counts, will let time do its part now.

Everything is going to hit the ****ing 200 day before we bottom. Just place bids there if you want to get long and wait. I say this as I bought early and am fully invested. Tired of playing this game though. Loaded where it counts, will let time do its part now.

Yep, absolutely no buyer strength in anything. Everything getting sold off on any bounces now. China is ****ting the bed and its only gonna get worse when us markets start heading lower.

Rule number would be no margin, rule number two would be no front month premium for swings, rule number three would trade around a core buying dips and selling any rips or hedging on any pops, rule number four would be delete your accounts and check back in December when you’ll be up 30-50% on the year.

200 MA crazy low..... but omgee if it does.

With the nasdaq below the 50 day MA it might be a good idea to hold off on buying tech untill we see some buyers step back in. These names arent going back to their highs in 1 day or even 1 week probably, buy em on the way back up, no need to catch a falling knife. And I'd def be wary of any Chinese tech as their govt seems determined to tank their market.

So what do we talk about in here when we have no more money left to buy the dip?

at this point I’m rooting for a prolonged sideways market or months of this bs so I can accumulate. I have no money left right now.
If I wasn't house hunting, I would be buying a whole lot more. Just gotta settle with what I have for now and watch from the sidelines.

So what do we talk about in here when we have no more money left to buy the dip?

at this point I’m rooting for a prolonged sideways market or months of this bs so I can accumulate. I have no money left right now.
If I wasn't house hunting, I would be buying a whole lot more. Just gotta settle with what I have for now and watch from the sidelines.
THIS. I drew on margin for my down payment so all my free cash is going to pay that down.

I actually did come in here to talk about something though precisely related to the fact that I have no free cash for single names.

Now I am bored and starting to mess around with my 401k again. For the last two years, it has just been 60% Large Cap Growth / 40% SPY, but I'm thinking about carving out a slice for small cap.

The thesis is very simple, small cap just massively outperforms large cap in economic recoveries, historically and currently (Russell 2000 is up 8%, S&P is up 3.5%). And you just get exposure to the "Future" (Genomics, more disruptive tech, etc etc. Watch me get my face ripped off once I pivot out though cause that's just how it works when you try to get cute with stuff.

I did it. YOLO it up who cares. New Allocation:

• 50% Large Cap Growth Index
  • 40% S&P Index
  • 10% Small Cap Index

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom