OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Throughout all the craziness the S&P is up 6% on the year and the R2000 is up 12%

• wallyhopp wallyhopp looking like the smartest man in the room
  • Something, something, stop looking at it every day
I wish. It’s not without its faults. I got burned bad on day trading April to July, enough to call it quits for awhile. Looking at chewy and lulu recently makes my head hurt. What makes sense on paper didnt translate to how people reacted to earnings. I also played around with options and puts. 95% had lateral movement and I always played it too short on the period (less than a month to expiration).

So now it’s back to being lazy. I’m some combo % into sp500/sp400/Russell 2000/ us reint. As two do well, two may run sideways. Us reint killed me all of 2020, but I continued to just generically put in the same amount. But as sp500 hits their ATH, I may transfer some sp500 out, and into something else. Or switch up my allocation %. You’re allowed a certain amount of trades a week or month before being flagged.

I was 50/50 sp400 and Russell 2000 for 4-5 years with moderate growth. 2018 was a bad year overall. I think I got into us reint late 2019, which I was a bit late to the party. Luckily my largest position is now sp500. I did a few transfers from sp400/Russell to start sp500. I’m treating this more like a savings account. If I can gain 3% yearly until retirement, I’ll be happy.

Pretty much most books I read say go the index fund/bonds mix route.

I'm still tryna beat the market though. I know I can do 50+ % gains with tech going forward.

What is the general sentiment in this thread today about the market?

Are you buying in now?

Do you think we've hit bottom for growth (or at least very close to it)?

Thoughts?

Market just seems very timid, even in the outperformers. Its just been really choppy and going nowhere. Im gonna be patient here.

Rates are still a factor here and will probably continue to be for the foreseeable future. I just dont see institutional money piling back into tech. They're either holding or selling, not adding beta at this point. I think its really going to be the individual names that can outperform on earnings and maintain the growth story that pushed them so high. I think its important to pick the right stocks to play out the rest of the year with. I dont think everything gets hot again like last year.

There are plenty names still in strong uptrends breaking ATHs, its just not in tech. The s&p made a new ATH today but many portfolios are still down significantly. People arent getting out of stocks, the money is just flowing to dif areas. And at this point almost every area of the market other than tech looks pretty stretched so idk what happens now. Hopefully somebody somewhere has great earnings and guidance, it cant come soon enough.

SPACs are gonna get hot again. Eye your favorite ones under $11 and manage risk. I’m out of cash but ALTU really intrigues me. 10 year plan though for Aerion.

With everyone talking about inflation, wouldn’t crypto’s rise act as a deflationary measure? Since now you’re taking dollars out of circulation and placing them inside a new asset class?

**** was hard and I wasn’t perfect but I’m glad as **** I was buying these lows. SE ROKU PINS CMLF TWLO are treating me well today. Hope y’all are out here eating. Would not be a buyer today unless you’re looking for stocks that haven’t exploded yet that are looking ripe.

Trimming a little SQ jettisoning my highest cost and reducing the position to 2%. Feel more comfortable with it there. Will keep that 1% cash position open for any pull backs or other opportunities

They were all over twitter but I can’t remember who shared it.

IPOE upgraded to top pick if and only if the stock price hits $12 or less

S southernhospita I'm getting better. logged on at 10 off by 11:15 markets went kind of flat. I'm coming for you bro :lol:

I’ll take it for micros trading...
460F6EEA-B93C-4B8E-821A-CCB3A62C50E9.jpeg

With everyone talking about inflation, wouldn’t crypto’s rise act as a deflationary measure? Since now you’re taking dollars out of circulation and placing them inside a new asset class?

When you're buying crypto, you're giving someone your dollars in order to buy the crypto. The dollars are not being taken out of circulation.

why not say the same about stocks? "When you buy stocks of a company, you're taking dollars out of circulation and placing them inside a new asset class."

In theory the exchange is holding your money, dollars are hoarded to back up USDC and other stable coins. I don’t think it’s the same as stocks at all.

Back
Top Bottom