OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

RBLX is really showing no mercy today :nthat:

RBLX.gif

What’s the consensus on the coinbase IPO here? I isually don’t like IPOs until a consolidation period, curious about this one though.

staying away from coinbase. From what I’m reading its profit is cyclical and it’s currently at a high.

Did well on a my dkng call spread today. I don’t think I’m ever doing naked options again. It’s actually less management with a spread.

I’m not buying Coinbase but if I did I’d get in and out.

maybe buy to hold in a month. Idk I’m a n00b but that’s my take.

Coinbase is entirely transaction fees. What happens during a bear market when buying dries up? The comps are going to be ****ing bloody for shareholders. Their future has to come from crypto lending and creating optionality by offering derivatives, margin, etc. having said that, just buy bitcoin or SQ instead unless you’re trying to just make a trade. Buy Coinbase during a crypto bear market not when it’s going to mark the top for crypto.

Also the total number of bitcoin is 100% a fake thing. It's just the number that was listed in the original white paper that people are just arbitrarily decided is the number. At some point that will be changed I'd imagine.

Y’all know I despise fees
So the coin base platform was a one and done with me back in 2018
Yo couldn’t even scalp on that *****
Most of your gains literally went to fees

So the coin base platform was a one and done with me back in 2018
Yep, and there will be a race to the bottom a la stock brokers. Robinhood will allow more crypto and no fees, and people will migrate. Others will arrive. Traditional houses will follow late like always. Coinbase will shrink and their market cap will slowly shrivel up.

Or they'll buy the competition, lower their fees and integrate more than just crypto buying, and survive a little longer.

Also the total number of bitcoin is 100% a fake thing. It's just the number that was listed in the original white paper that people are just arbitrarily decided is the number. At some point that will be changed I'd imagine.

:stoneface:
The only way this is possible is if someone can overtake 51% of the hashing power and that's not even close to being a reality.

Coinbase has zero moat, zero optionality. It’s a suckers bet unless you believe they will increase their offerings but even then you’re paying for SQ with nothing more than commission fees. Just buy SQ at that point. First bear market will see terrible yoy comps when growth decelerates rapidly.

So the coin base platform was a ne and done with me back in 2018

the fees on pro are flat rate half a percent unless you're getting into figures 25k+ I think. that's the only reason to use pro, it sucks otherwise.

staying away from coinbase. From what I’m reading its profit is cyclical and it’s currently at a high.

Did well on a my dkng call spread today. I don’t think I’m ever doing naked options again. It’s actually less management with a spread.

Can you give an example?

Back
Top Bottom