OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

MTCH getting slaughtered before earnings this afternoon. Worse than other tech names. Somebody must have known something, or COVID spikes must be getting worse.

I've made a whole $58 today :pimp:
OrangeAdorableAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam-size_restricted.gif

MTCH is almost back to their open price, after spiking 6.5% after earnings :rolleyes There better be some continued upward movement after today. ****ing max pain theory leading into earnings like never before.

I try not to think about all the things I could've thrown $1000 into and made massive returns
Same, it’s pointless honestly unless it was something you executed poorly on that you could learn from. Run it back 10 times and 9.9 times I pass on doge because it was the stupidest trade of all time if you knew anything about crypto.

Johnny tell me I need to get Roku if it hits 300

I remember you bringing it up in March when everything was taking a beating and making points on it being a massive long run player

Johnny tell me I need to get Roku if it hits 300

I remember you bringing it up in March when everything was taking a beating and making points on it being a massive long run player
It was 24% of my account going into today, and I hit the bid at the open to decrease it to 17% for risk management reasons. It’s clearly my highest conviction idea by a decent margin.

AVOD through the Roku Channel is your alpha
Digital advertising is flowing into the platform, there’s optionality with their new brand studio, original content, Nielsen acquisition. It’s a 5 year hold for me at minimum, and if they execute like I think they will, it’s the FB of tv and a never sell.

I won’t be trimming another share (barring management hiccups) and I’m ok with my risk level

Roku isn’t a stock id have a limit order on that I hope fills. It’s a stock id actively accumulate and under 320s is a pretty decent place to start in. If we go lower, dca, if we go higher, dca.

Maybe the whales have an agenda against Cathie. Could be an ego thing too. I got conspiracy theories for days.
I do low key feel whales wana teach her and the retail investor a lesson (Gamestop get back). They want us to bleed and run from your thesis, and in Cathy case, lose bred and look like ****. But hat won't work long-term.

Looking for someone to blame for market volatility is weak sauce. Tech stocks 3-5x’d last year, if they went up again this year it would be the end of the bull market and a repeat of 2000. It’s annoying and frustrating, it’s even scary to some, but it’s expected that you would see profit taking, rotation and weakness in a hangover year after a once in a life time year. There’s no one to blame but yourself at the end of the day. Know your plan, know your process, keep perspective and let time compound for you. Unless you’re bagholding small cap garbage with no revs and stupid valuations like DMTK, you have nothing to worry about long term. The system is programmed to have the best companies growing the fastest to go up over time. Just walk away and learn something new instead of obsessing. Do some research. 2021 is a lost year. Accept it and move on. 2022-2025 will be great if you used this year to position yourself into your best ideas. DCA and let time compound for you.

If you CAN'T handle the pressure of being a high growth investor, make some changes to help you sleep better. I trimmed ROKU down from 24 to 17% and bought FB for peace of mind. Don't do anything crazy, but tweak what you need to tweak if you're unhappy and stressed constantly.

Looking for someone to blame for market volatility is weak sauce. Tech stocks 3-5x’d last year, if they went up again this year it would be the end of the bull market and a repeat of 2000. It’s annoying and frustrating, it’s even scary to some, but it’s expected that you would see profit taking, rotation and weakness in a hangover year after a once in a life time year. There’s no one to blame but yourself at the end of the day. Know your plan, know your process, keep perspective and let time compound for you. Unless you’re bagholding small cap garbage with no revs and stupid valuations like DMTK, you have nothing to worry about long term. The system is programmed to have the best companies growing the fastest to go up over time. Just walk away and learn something new instead of obsessing. Do some research. 2021 is a lost year. Accept it and move on. 2022-2025 will be great if you used this year to position yourself into your best ideas. DCA and let time compound for you.
Thats how i look at it. Im positioning myself for the next 5 to 10 years. Not for the next few months. Investing in who i see is innovating to shape the mechanisms in which the world functions and does business.

I think when inflation either sets in or the fear goes away, we outta here again. Just let positions show convictions.

when you have the fed and secretary of treasury working hand in hand for the rich/algos, odds aren't in your favor, as a day trader. time to invest long term like ^

Unbelievable to think BABA is still in the $220s

Just unreal.

I haven't thrown a single dollar in the market for some months and I'm gonna sit on the sidelines for now

Threw a measly $200 in Doge less than a couple weeks back for the lulz and already over 100%.

Just crazy!

LYFT had their ER yesterday was up 6% in today’s premarket just to give it all back plus some today
This is why I hate ER your better off looking at it after the fact
It can sale off
It can also be a dip buying opportunity

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom