OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I kept pitching nvda to my dad throughout the year ever since I read ark's big ideas and saw how nvda was a pivotal component to half of the top 10 but he kept saying I think intc is too cheap and due for a comeback. welp.

long nvda in my personal account (521 avg) and custodial (570). will reevaluate holding when it hits $1T MC.

Man, PSTH really **** the bed. Universal Music Group? That's the target? About as underwhelming as Subway.

Beyond underwhelming.

Have no interest in owning that at all. I think I'm slightly down in that position.

I will be selling out of that as soon as I can.

Beyond underwhelming.

Have no interest in owning that at all. I think I'm slightly down in that position.

I will be selling out of that as soon as I can.
I'm hoping for a small bounce Monday but yeah, dropping it and taking the L. Only own 25 shares so I dont really care that it was a letdown. I mean I care, but losing a couple % on my initial investment is whatever.

A sign to BTFD?
115A1CBE-273F-47C8-95B7-BDBC89D98F11.jpeg

Still not very clear on what we're getting with this PSTH deal.

A little complicated. Need to do more research to understand what's going on

NVDA is a beast. Can’t believeI didn’t get in.

Probably should make it a point to own the leader in each sector.

i think you’ll get another shot to buy in. Nvda tends to form well defined corridors. You also have the semiconductor shortage news is your favor. That’s probably going to be a serious constraint for a year, so you can bank on a sell off whenever the media feels like it’s a relevant story again.

Anyone have positions on NIO? I have a small one but thinking of pushing it to a larger share of my portafolio. Still pretty cheap and we now that’s the future, or everyone got Tesla goggles?

Anyone have positions on NIO? I have a small one but thinking of pushing it to a larger share of my portafolio. Still pretty cheap and we now that’s the future, or everyone got Tesla goggles?
Why do you like NIO? Because its a fraction of the price of TSLA currently? If so, why do you think that is?

These are the type of questions I had to start asking myself when it came to the EV market in general. The Chinese EV market specifically? Psssh. It’s a crowded space with everyone fighting for a very, very distant 2nd place to TSLA. And that isn’t factoring in traditional automakers (non-China based companies) soon getting in the mix.

You might be able to make a swing play later this year around NIO Day. Accumulate on dips leading up to it. Buy the rumor, sell the news.

I have no position in NIO. Exited last year after doing more research.

Longer these spac’s wait to find a deal, the worse the deal is likely to be since the manager needs to finalize a deal to collect his/her fee.
Holding FAII And VGAC Myself And Been Heavily Considering Exiting Both.

Sounding Like VGAC Should Roll To 23&ME Soon Tho :nerd:

Also Seen Lots Of These SPACS See Losses After Transition…

Still not very clear on what we're getting with this PSTH deal.

A little complicated. Need to do more research to understand what's going on
10% stake of UMG. Which will be listed on the Amsterdam stock exchange later this year. I'm dumping it Monday. Pointless to try and hold onto the stock of a dying company routed on such a small exchange. And after this, I dont feel like holding any shares/SPAR (the new thing Ackman came up with to try and get people to stay invested) for the next deal he'll **** up.

Why do you like NIO? Because its a fraction of the price of TSLA currently? If so, why do you think that is?

These are the type of questions I had to start asking myself when it came to the EV market in general. The Chinese EV market specifically? Psssh. It’s a crowded space with everyone fighting for a very, very distant 2nd place to TSLA. And that isn’t factoring in traditional automakers (non-China based companies) soon getting in the mix.

You might be able to make a swing play later this year around NIO Day. Accumulate on dips leading up to it. Buy the rumor, sell the news.

I have no position in NIO. Exited last year after doing more research.
yeah honestly it’s not a long term position for me.
I only go heavy on bulletproof companies. Most of my investments thus far have been long term goals.
just now getting into short term trading on a separate portafolio .

yeah honestly it’s not a long term position for me.
I only go heavy on bulletproof companies. Most of my investments thus far have been long term goals.
just now getting into short term trading on a separate portafolio .
I’d look into trading options then. Others in here can shed some light on trading options vs stocks.

Looking to profit from short-term holds requires too much time and energy for me personally. Basically chasing SPACs and growth companies, constantly checking the news, researching multiple industries... it’s exhausting on top of a full time job and life. From my limited research, trading options for well known companies may provide the short-term gains you are looking for while taking less research effort.

Holding FAII And VGAC Myself And Been Heavily Considering Exiting Both.

Sounding Like VGAC Should Roll To 23&ME Soon Tho :nerd:

Also Seen Lots Of These SPACS See Losses After Transition…
The $10 floor disappears so the smart money managers there with the pipe box their positions short. Unless it’s a cash cow, you can always count on NAV or lower despac.

VGAC shareholder vote is Thursday and will start trading as ME soon after, FAII votes the fifteenth, I don't expect much from the ticker change, but I want to see where they go.

Next week is GME week with Q1 and an annual meeting, would love to see them announce a visionary CEO.

VGAC shareholder vote is Thursday and will start trading as ME soon after, FAII votes the fifteenth, I don't expect much from the ticker change, but I want to see where they go.

Next week is GME week with Q1 and an annual meeting, would love to see them announce a visionary CEO.
Of the memes BB and GME have the best shot. BB because of connected cars and where they are today, GameStop solely because there isn’t a leader in esports yet and in theory they could take that market share if they decided to. 1-3% lotto in either makes sense somewhat. Not my cup of tea but I get it. AMC on the other hand...unless they partner with Tesla to offer amenitities for charging stations, I don’t see any potential runway they could grow into.

NVDA is a beast. Can’t believeI didn’t get in.

Probably should make it a point to own the leader in each sector.
I thought NVDA just made graphics card, but then I listen to a podcast a month or so ago, and they dove into NVDA, and man, this company does it ALL. A jack of all trades, sheesh. Great company, worthy company, worth every amount to invest in. Do it NOW.

I thought NVDA just made graphics card, but then I listen to a podcast a month or so ago, and they dove into NVDA, and man, this company does it ALL. A jack of all trades, sheesh. Great company, worthy company, worth every amount to invest in. Do it NOW.
you want to know where the world is going, just look at nvda and what their chips are being used for. every single innovation that's changing the world relies on them.

They updated the target to $18-21 about two weeks ago. Been creeping up ever since.

Motley Fool just published their "buy the dip" report. CURI was one of three stocks mentioned. They think it'll 10x in ten years (a long time of course), but realistically a lot sooner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom