OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

I like FWM on the dip today. If you can scoop some up below 8, good for you. 

NUAN reports on Monday after-close; looking for 20-30% gain. 

FWMs business model changed once they went public. it just doesnt feel the same anymore. i used to go out of my way to go there on the regular and now i might go once every 3-4 months.

How did their business model change?

their sales werent that great anymore im guessing they want higher margins (to please stockholders). im not sure about you but paying 60 dollars for a pound of exotic cheese aint really my thing unless its on sale.

They sell a lot more than exotic cheeses at $60/lb...

People don't shop at Fairway or Whole Foods or Trader Joe's for their sales. Sales are not a huge part of the organic/health and gourmet business model; their core shoppers don't decide to walk in because they know there will be great sales there. 

yea i know. i dont mind their huge selections on basically everything they sell. but my friends favor trader joes over fairway because fairways selection is "overwhelming" which is what makes them different than the other two organic chains.

Thanks for the words of advice, guys. I've been trying to do too much, and it's backfired. Monday the success resumes, and we mint some coin.

I've never been in a Fairway, but one of my friends did after work and he fell in love with the store. He's not even an organic nut or anything, which is probably why he hasn't gone out of his way to shop there again. The CEO for FWM is retiring, right? Thought I saw that on CNBC yesterday.

Today was nice

+6% +7% on my account :smokin

kors going for that hunna

beltre_gif.gif

KORS calls going for that four-bagger

Last edited:
Thanks for the words of advice, guys. I've been trying to do too much, and it's backfired. Monday the success resumes, and we mint some coin.

I've never been in a Fairway, but one of my friends did after work and he fell in love with the store. He's not even an organic nut or anything, which is probably why he hasn't gone out of his way to shop there again. The CEO for FWM is retiring, right? Thought I saw that on CNBC yesterday.

you should check one out. every category you can think of they will have at least a hundred different things for it. i love yogurt and they got icelandic yogurt with orange/ginger to swedish yogurt with coffee.

be prepared to stay there for a while

Last edited:
Crazy good day for bio-techs. Anyone jump in on ATHX like I mentioned? Up over 13% today and closed at $3.79.
Could very well approach $5 next week.

gonna start accumulating gold and gold miners at this point. any upward momentum is crushed (dudes behind the scenes :smh: )

with constant outflows of phys from the west to east, constant manipulation and china not revealing their holdings. gold is a long term play with lots of upside imo.

Where is the best place to buy physical gold, and how would you recommend it be purchased? I wanna buy a few ounces for diversity.

Been reading Jessie Livermore's How to Trade in Stocks today (good looks again Freaky), I'm gonna start taking notes on a few stocks every day. Gonna chart its open, lod, hod, price most buying volume came in and price for selling, volume throughout the day and into the close. Maybe will add a few other metrics if I come across them.

Already know I wanna do this with DDD and STJ. I'm watching Mad Money now and this nano pacemaker STJ has is interesting. Gotta look into that company more.

depends on where you are located, what kind are you interested in? coins are harder to fake than the bars. the smaller the better actually if you are worried about fakes. coins carry a higher premium than bars, but the advantage is that they are legal tender and have a face value of 50$ (1 oz).

I haven't read all the post in here, but I figured I would touch ground on this thread. An individual, my professor in finance, says a random cat, the actual animal, could make the same returns on a portfolio as you guys in here trying to actively manage your portfolios.

Save yourself time and worry and buy an index fund. You can't beat the market. Traders like Soros and Buffet have multi-billion dollar trades that give them a substantial cost reducing trade advantage.

Again, buy an index fund. Be passive in investing and continue living life.

You're welcome.

In NY. I should procure in person? Better than buying online?

Based I remember you posted about trying to nail a bottom on the last page. Sometimes you gotta play the bounce off support. When DDD tanked its sector the other day, SSYS tested its 200 day 103.25, dipped a little into the 102s and then bounced right back up and has held and ran pretty well.

That Livermore book does a nice job going into pivotal points and how to use them.

I'm good on buying an index fund. Maybe I'd play the SPY if I liked that chart, but we've been on too much of a run to just go out and say yeah I wanna own the S&P or Nasdaq and call it a day.

CUDA and SPLK look interesting. Gotta look into those more.

Last edited:
andycrazn andycrazn I've been preaching to the choir about Gold. There has been huge buying of the GLD Dec 130 Calls, which would support a big move up. GLD needs to close over 122.50 area to break the long term downtrend line from last Mar/Apr. Also worth a look is DGP which is supposed to move 2-3x gold

In NY. I should procure in person? Better than buying online?

i like gold/silver and i diversify between them. silver has the same properties as gold but to me is more of a speculative play. lower price point makes me think it can be a ten bagger easily compared to gold. it is the poor mans gold after all.

advantage of buying in person: off the books unless its through cc or debit. depending on the person, the premiums can be 5%-18%. it can go higher or lower from that range. what ive noticed is that the premiums get higher with each knock down because they dont want to lose that much money selling it at a loss. i usually buy at chinatown and my jeweler gives me a better deal with the bars than coins. she cant lower the premiums on the coin so its usually 100-150 over spot.

advantage of buying online: its easier to compare prices, buying in bulk will have big discounts on the premium. buying in bulk can save you money in person but online dealers go a little further with the discounts since its not a brick and mortar spot.

https://comparesilverprices.com/

https://comparegoldprices.com/

andycrazn andycrazn I've been preaching to the choir about Gold. There has been huge buying of the GLD Dec 130 Calls, which would support a big move up. GLD needs to close over 122.50 area to break the long term downtrend line from last Mar/Apr. Also worth a look is DGP which is supposed to move 2-3x gold

i prefer buying physical and getting into miners. i was talking about NG back in the other forum when it was around 3-4 dollars. got out when it hit 12 and it topped at 15. i see something similar happening if gold takes off again.

I haven't read all the post in here, but I figured I would touch ground on this thread. An individual, my professor in finance, says a random cat, the actual animal, could make the same returns on a portfolio as you guys in here trying to actively manage your portfolios.

Save yourself time and worry and buy an index fund. You can't beat the market.

You're welcome.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep believing that

Save yourself time and worry and buy an index fund. You can't beat the market. Traders like Soros and Buffet have multi-billion dollar trades that give them a substantial cost reducing trade advantage.

You're welcome.
lol...yes because someone who had a complete understanding of the markets would be teaching finance instead of working in the field.  Right.

Last edited:

You're welcome.
lol...yes because someone who had a complete understanding of the markets would be teaching finance instead of working in the field.  Right.

Those who can't do, Teach

That index theory works at times, but it's not a fool proof method by any means. If you bough an index in 2011, you made bank these past two years, but if you bought one this year, you'll either be in the red, or just flat for a while. Not a fan of tying myself to so many companies. Would rather just focus on a few leaders.

I decided to track the daily price and volume movements of DDD, GILD, TWTR, FSLR, TSLA and AAPL in a notebook. I'm already pretty familiar with those 6 stocks and feel like they offer have a lot to offer. Would like to add GOOG, NFLX and/or AMZN to the mix, but I don't want to over extend myself.

Gonna keep track of washouts and aberrations (random spikes on news, rumors, earnings reports, pre-announcing, etc) as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom