OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

same..chico, u think i should tier into LVS on a 4% up day...the europe thing resolved quickly but i'm not sure how the perception will be a week from now once this bailout settles....they are essentially going to bail every country in debt, what will happen when spain and portugal have the same problem, could start a big panic like last year

i saw lvs at 44.90 yesterday and regret not getting in, i thought it would test the gap between 41-44 . now i feel like a reversal has started and the shorts have moved out of the way for the bulls to proceed up again. also, the mm's have made their money on option expiry week and i think they will let this run now...i just dont want to miss the quick run up to the 50s  

any good short-term t/a anlaysis you have for a possible entry point?

I didn't get any news on LVS on my feed and today it just seemed to have gapped up with the broader markets. If you look at the chart below, it is trading in a downward channel. I wouldn't go long until we get a break of that upper trendline (looks to be around 48.20). You might miss out on a few bucks but it'll give you a clear direction on which way it's headed.

2i9qljq.jpg

Thanks. This is chart I use on freestockcharts.com, just zoomed in a little. No it isn't level 2 though. You get that through your stock broker.

Whoa LVS +3% after hours. Upgraded by Moody's. Broke out of the bearish channel. Hopefully it closes above it tomorrow and not just profit taking.

Yeah saw that in AH. We'll get confirmation tomorrow, but it needs to close above it.

I'm still holding my position from 46.06. If we gap up tomorrow, I'll consider taking some chips off the table.

chico, it broke the 48.20 mark convincingly, but u r taking chips off the table? What about an entry buy point at this time..its up 4% already today

Alright I'm out at 48.98. Although it broke out of the channel, I'm still not convinced. Plus markets aren't really cooperating either. Markets typically just float up on low volume during the holidays so I'd like to see where we're headed on Monday and Tuesday. I'm starting to see a H&S pattern forming on the DOW, but it looks sloppy. I'd like to see a break of 11258 on the DOW for more upside.

Yo, I have a school project dealing with stocks. I have 100,000 dollars to spend and only can spend it on 5 companies. All the money doesnt have to go to all of them. Any help in what should I invest in?

whats everybody's thoughts on oil and energy? more specifically COP. i bought cop at 51, was in it for the long term but i have made good profit +dividends.....contemplating if I should sell or not

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

I didn't get any news on LVS on my feed and today it just seemed to have gapped up with the broader markets. If you look at the chart below, it is trading in a downward channel. I wouldn't go long until we get a break of that upper trendline (looks to be around 48.20). You might miss out on a few bucks but it'll give you a clear direction on which way it's headed.

2i9qljq.jpg

Your technical analysis is a joke.
I'm sorry but you guys should not be taking advice from this guy. Do your own research.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Question: Is there a method to predict whether the Dow is going up or down the next day?  
nerd.gif

If there was there would be a lot of millionaires
laugh.gif

What charting software do you guys use? I've been thinking about Think Or Swim, do any of you use that?

Originally Posted by Man E

2i9qljq.jpg

I'm sorry but you guys should not be taking advice from this guy. Do your own research.
Damn, harsh.

So I finally switched my major over to Finance and now I have to make a total of $100k in investments over the next 4 weeks.  I need this thread more than ever.

I really dont quite understand how inflation works on a global economic level.  So its hard for me to seek interest in merging markets where I need to determine how our daollar spans out.

I was looking @ my 1st week investments .. perhaps Exxon (since gasoline $$ are supposed to rise) .. And I was also looking @ Technology stocks since companies have started to invest towards technological advancements as of last year ...

Does anyone have any suggestions for resources?  I am an avid Wall Street Journal & NY Times reader and I just signed up to Investopedia.com, but I just wanted to know what really helps guide you guys decisions.  I'm tryin get a strong grasp of the foundation of finance.

Thanks in advance and hope this thread can come alive again.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by Man E

2i9qljq.jpg

Damn, harsh.

It's harsh but maybe true, either it's a really bad ticker to use for technical analysis or he doesn't know how to chart his trend lines correctly. The support and resistance points are blatantly obvious but he could have used a smaller range of dates to dig deeper into the inflection points. Props for trying though, i'm not hating.

Back
Top Bottom