OFFICIAL SUPER SMASH BROS ULTIMATE THREAD EDIT: NT SMASH TOURNEY SIGN UPS

Things are leaning towards that. They’re both 50 bucks. I think I like the idea of using the Power A GC controller on my PC for the Dolphin Emulator. Anybody know if the GC adapter works on the PC as well?

This is based on the old Wii-U GC adapter, but I'm assuming the new Switch GC adapter is the same exact hardware

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate pre-load live, file size
Posted 27 minutes ago by Brian

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate can now be pre-loaded from the Switch eShop around the world. To download the game, you’ll need 13.6GB of space.

My Nintendo members who pre-load Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will earn a bonus of 300 Gold Points. That’s double the amount normally issued. It’s a limited-time offer running through 11:59 PM ET on December 6.

Source: Switch eShop

RECAP FOR FOLKS WHO CANT OR DIDNT WATCH DIRECT

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct recap announcement (11/1/18)
Posted on November 1, 2018 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News

REDMOND, Wash., Nov. 1, 2018 – In the final Super Smash Bros. UltimateNintendo Direct video presentation before the game launches exclusively for the Nintendo Switch system on Dec. 7, Nintendo blew the lid off of many new modes, fighters and gameplay features of the massive video game crossover event, including details about upcoming DLC. With the reveal of new fighters Ken from the Street Fighter series and Incineroar from the Pokémon franchise, all playable fighters at launch – all 74 of them! – have been unveiled. But more fighters, stages and music tracks will be coming in the form of DLC, which was also announced in the video presentation. To view the Nintendo Direct video in its entirety, visit https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct.

Nintendo also announced an incentive for fans to pre-purchase the digital version of the game (and avoid long lines and the holiday rush!). My Nintendo members who pre-purchase the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate game in Nintendo eShop or on Nintendo.com will earn a bonus of 300, or double, Gold Points. This limited-time offer runs now through 11:59 p.m. ET on Dec. 6. The bonus points will be issued on the game’s launch day.

“There are still elements of today’s presentation that hold a lot of secrets for players to discover, but with the launch of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate only a little more than a month away, this Nintendo Direct presentation is a final look at one of the most massive games Nintendo has ever produced,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “With so much to experience and discover in this game – and with a huge library of other games to choose from – we believe fans are going to be playing a lot of Nintendo Switch this holiday season.”

Some of the highlights revealed in the video include:

• HadoKEN!: Hailing from the Street Fighter series, Ryu’s rival Ken joins the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate roster as an echo fighter. This Ken is based on his appearance in Super Street Fighter II Turbo. While he has some similar moves to Ryu, Ken is a slightly faster fighter and has a different shaped Hadoken.
  • Incineroar: The final fighter to join the battle in time for the game’s launch is Incineroar, the advanced evolution of Litten, who made his first appearance in the Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon games. Incineroar uses pro-wrestling moves, culminating in an epic Final Smash called Max Malicious Moonsault, based on his Z- Move from the Pokémon games.
  • Spirits: In the world of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, many video game characters lose their forms and become “spirits” that serve as a power-up of sorts for a player’s main playable fighter. There is a massive number of wildly different spirits, ranging from Chibi-Robo to Dr. Wily to Tails to Revolver Ocelot, with the giant list of characters going on and on. Players can equip primary and support spirits to power up or add additional abilities like speed or strength to their fighter during battles. Mixing and matching spirits will help players get the upper hand against certain opponents, adding quite a bit of strategy to battles. Equipping a spirit is similar to equipping a charm or accessory in an RPG. It’s a way for players to enjoy a massive amount of additional video game characters outside of selecting them as playable fighters.
  • Spirit Battles: The main way to acquire spirits is to win Spirit Battles. After winning a Spirit Battle, players will have to complete a roulette challenge to acquire that spirit.
  • Leveling Up Spirits: By battling with spirits by their side, players can level up spirits, giving them extra power and sometimes unlocking enhanced forms. The more leveled up and trained spirits are, the more powerful and useful they are.
  • Spirit Combinations: With an insane amount of spirits in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, thousands of combinations can be formed. Players will be constantly surprised and excited by all the spirits that pop up in the game. Because players might collect an abundance of spirits, the game will offer recommendations for primary and support spirits, making the selection process a little bit easier.
  • DLC: New fighters, stages and music will be coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate through the end of February 2020 in the form of paid DLC. For only $5.99, players can purchase one set, which includes a new playable fighter (not an Echo Fighter), a new stage and a variety of music tracks. By purchasing a Fighters Pass for $24.99, players will get access to five yet-to-be-announced sets, which is five new fighters, five stages and multiple music tracks, as they release. Players who purchase a Fighters Pass will also receive an in-game outfit based on Rex from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 starting Dec. 7. Pre-purchasing the digital version of the game with the Fighters Pass in Nintendo eShop or on Nintendo.com before 11:59 p.m. ET on Dec. 6 will earn My Nintendo members 425 bonus Gold Points, or double the usual amount. The bonus points will be issued on the game’s launch day.
  • Early Purchase Bonus: Piranha Plant takes root! The iconic enemy from the Super Mario series is coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for early purchasers. Players can purchase the digital version of the game or register their physical game card on a Nintendo Switch device by Jan. 31, 2019, to gain access to this new fighter when it is available around February 2019 at no additional cost. Piranha Plant, together with a new stage and music tracks, will be available for purchase as DLC in the future. Fans can pre-purchase the game and secure the Piranha Plant reward starting today by visiting http://smashbros.nintendo.com/buy/.
  • New amiibo: All the new fighters in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – including DLC! – will get their own amiibo figures. This includes Ken, Incineroar and Piranha Plant, as well as the recently announced Simon Belmont and King K. Rool. The currently scheduled release timing is as follows, with details about future figures on the way:
    • Inkling, Ridley and Wolf – Dec. 7, 2018
    • King K. Rool, Ice Climbers and Piranha Plant – Feb. 15, 2019
    • Isabelle, Pichu, Ken, Young Link, Daisy – 2019
  • game’s site for information about a variety of upcoming hands-on events. At these special events, players will have the chance to choose from all 74 fighters.
Source: Nintendo PR

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has a new Adventure mode, World of Light
Posted 1 hour ago by Brian in News | 3 Comments

Nintendo has revealed a brand new Adventure mode for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. This will draw comparisons to the Subspace Emissary from Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but director Masahiro Sakurai has indicated that it’ll be different. Today’s Nintendo Direct closed with a special sequence – complete with some voice acting – showing what happened to the fighters and the “spirits” theme behind the game.

Known as World of Light, the mode will have special game-themed maps, boss battles, and more.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – first online details
Posted on November 1, 2018 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch

During today’s Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct, first details were provided about online play. Here’s what we know:

– Online matchmaking is based on three factors
– Can choose preferred rules to find players best suited for you
– Global Smash Power: your rank compared to other players
– Different score for each character
– If you continue to self destruct, will get kicked out from an online game
– Elite Battles available when you’ve reached a high enough GSP
– Matchmaking system will prioritize shorter distance between players
– Best to have a stable connection
– Can enter elite battles
– Smash tags: everyone who plays online needs their own smash tag; receive their smash tag if you beat them
– Won’t lose your own tag; just collect others
– Taunt messages before and after battles
– Can enjoy other modes while waiting for battles to begin
– Spectator mode is back to watch other battles
– Two-player teams by playing with someone else on the same system
– Can create a special type of room with other friends
– Uses Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app for voice chat
– Free service for Smash Bros. Ultimate called Smash World to post gameplay videos, watch them, and more

This new smash is something serious

20181101_184620.jpg

im ok with the piranha plant
folks doing too much
its already more than enough characters
specially when
realistically
only 1/4 or half will even get playing time from folks

People still need to unlock these characters too, man.

So I'm with you..........all this *****in' about "why my Banjo isn't in Smash," but you know damn well that same folk "*****in" don't got the time to NO-LIFE Smash Ultimate to get all the unlockable requirements needed for said characters to be unlocked by Christmas LOL

People still need to unlock these characters too, man.

So I'm with you..........all this *****in' about "why my Banjo isn't in Smash," but you know damn well that same folk "*****in" don't got the time to NO-LIFE Smash Ultimate to get all the unlockable requirements needed for said characters to be unlocked by Christmas LOL
Like back in the day
Unlocking everyone in meele was fun
But if I had to do it now......
I’d just have only like half the cast :lol:
Hell i don’t know how I managed to unlock everyone from 3ds and Wii U
Or was almost everyone already unlocked
Hell I don’t even remember

3hr stream of smash ultimate tourney
going on in japan today
with all characters available

EDIT: its elementary kids so..........
i believe later it will be older people