OFFICIAL Syracuse Orange Thread: 19-13; NIT-bound

First midnight madness at Syracuse in 13 years. Incoming freshman Jonny Flynn and Donte' Greene are expected to contribute to a team who is looking to getback in the NCAA's after not being chosen in the field of 65. Paul Harris and Eric Devendorf are expected to have huge seasons. This season is importantfor Harris to show critics whether or not the hype surrounding him is real.

07-08 Roster:
#00 Rick Jackson (Freshman)
JacksonR07Web.jpg

#1 Andy Rautins (Medical Redshirt) (Junior)
RautinsA07Web.jpg

#2 Justin Thomas (Junior)
ThomasJ07Web.jpg

#5 Donte' Greene (Freshman)
GreeneD07Web.jpg

#10 Jonny Flynn (Freshman)
FlynnJ07Web.jpg

#11 Paul Harris (Soph.)
HarrisP07Web.jpg

#12 Kristof Ongenaet (Junior)
OngenaetK07Web.jpg

#21 Arinze Onuaku (Junior)
OnuakuA07Web.jpg

#23 Eric Devendorf (Junior)
DevendorfE07Web.jpg

#25 Devin Brennan-McBride (Soph.)
BrennanMcBrideD07Web.jpg

#30 Josh Wright (Senior)
WrightJ07Web.jpg

#32 Jake Presutti (Senior)
PresuttiJ07Web.jpg

#33 Antonio "Scoop" Jardine (Freshman)
JardineS07Web.jpg

#42 Ryan Cahak (Senior)
CahakR07Web.jpg

#45 Sean Williams (Freshman)
WilliamsS07Web.jpg

Preseason Top 25

EDIT:
eek.gif
"> Midnight Madness was crazy! The crowd was electric andappreciated the output by the players. The girls played good (Erica Morrow is going to be a problem) but the men stole the show. When Arinze Onuaku broke thebackboard the crowd went @#%$ insane! Boeheim was pissed
laugh.gif
"> . They rana half court scrimmage then ended with a dunk contest. Bill Raftery and Pearl Washington were also at the event. Expect to see the backboard highlight onSportsCenter tomorrow.

Sorry for the picture quality, I took them with my phone.

Paul Harris w/ the rock:

A little eye candy, the dance team
devil.gif
">
1044xw1.jpg

Broken backboard:
ffd84h.jpg

Crowd reaction following:
9up1kl.jpg

2w7nxue.jpg

Boeheim pissed:
2u9tkyp.jpg

Jonny Flynn being guarded by Josh Wright:
23u8rxd.jpg

Donte' Greene dunking:
28l6zxt.jpg

Pearl Washington (in the jersey):
x5pfk6.jpg

Paul Harris dunk contest:

Arinze Onuaku:Glass-shattering dunk

2vn1hu9.jpg

156a4qr.jpg

TEAM SYRACUSE ORANGE

O7-08 Big East Champs

TeamWolfShirts
"my d*ck grew 2 inches with this bad boy."

PSN ID: jhawkcuse

I was there and I must say that glass shattering dunk by AO was out of control. I also see a lot of hunger in the team this year especially from the young guys. The energy they all seem to have is awesome Very pumped for this upcoming season.

Last week was homecoming weekend. Gym Class Heroes and the Pack performed so the school assumed that Midnight Madness wouldn't have been a success.
TEAM SYRACUSE ORANGE​
O7-08 Big East Champs​
TeamWolfShirts

Damn, i wish i could have gone so bad. I had to go to my high school sectional game. I am sure it was crazy up in Manley field house.
I am excited for this year, got my season tickets and now all i have to do is wait for the football season to stop :lol:
laugh.gif

Team Cowboys
5-1.

My problem with Syracuse basketball right now: If they had 10 wins in the Big East, but didn't get in due to the weak non-conference schedule, why not beef up the non-conferece schedule this time around? It's really week and they could have the same problem again if they don't take care of the Big East this year.

I hope Flynn and Harris make big leaps this year.
Vikings | Sabres | Timberwolves | Bills​
Taylor-Jackson-Peterson-Williams-Hutchinson | Miller-Vanek-Campbell-Connolly-Roy | Jefferson-Foye-McCants-Brewer-Smith | Everett-Evans-Losman-Lynch-Moorman​

My lil man Johnny :pimp:
pimp.gif

Questions: How did he look out there running the offense? Did he kill Josh Wright?, I expect him too. Did Paul shoot any J's and if so how were they looking ?

I will be in attendance when they play Depaul :pimp:
pimp.gif
This Is The Part...
When People Start Screamin!

You guys need a new arena.
Wanted: Size 13/14 Huarache Lights and rare Huarache Bursts​
TeamEagles
Winston Justice is a penis​

Quote:
We play in the Carrier Dome. That's Manley Fieldhouse, the facility where they practice.
Wanted: Size 13/14 Huarache Lights and rare Huarache Bursts​
TeamEagles
Winston Justice is a penis​

Quote:
Questions: How did he look out there running the offense? Did he kill Josh Wright?, I expect him too. Did Paul shoot any J's and if so how were they looking ?
:nerd:
nerd.gif
looking to trade ds white/navy lebron 4's
for something decent. holla.​

Quote:
Whew. We'll have to welcome you to a real arena come December.

Well your arena is amazing, but can you old 33,000 for a game? There is nothing better then going to a record braking game, espically when you have good seats.

But props to your new arena it looks nice.
Team Cowboys
5-1.

Quote:
If they had 10 wins in the Big East, but didn't get in due to the weak non-conference schedule, why not beef up the non-conferece schedule this time around? It's really week and they could have the same problem again if they don't take care of the Big East this year.

What the schedule doesn't show is the game(s) we will play at MSG for the NIT tip off. We will end up playing at least 1 top tier team....A&M, Ohio St, etc to go along with the game @UVA later in the season. The out of conference schedule is not bad at all.

Quote:
er, I know that he'll be starting for most if not the entire season if he avoids his turnover problems. Boeheim is not going to throw Flynn into the fire and destroy any confidence he has.
TEAM SYRACUSE ORANGE​
O7-08 Big East Champs​
TeamWolfShirts

I'd say Wright starts to begin the season and Flynn takes over the starting role about 10 games in. Josh just hasn't improved enough at his time at Cuse. I remember the talk about him when he first came to school..everyone thought dude would be so nice...

Quote:
My problem with Syracuse basketball right now: If they had 10 wins in the Big East, but didn't get in due to the weak non-conference schedule, why not beef up the non-conferece schedule this time around? It's really week and they could have the same problem again if they don't take care of the Big East this year.
:lol:
laugh.gif
You must be the change you want to see in the world​

Quote:
how many years are you guys gonna be on the bubble in a row?
watching Ball 2 years ago my dude....

Relax Gottlieb Jr. The OOC schedule has quality opponents this year. No bubble talks for us GUARANTEED.

Not to mention we play in a major conference that actually has quality opponents....(not the little 10)

Boehiem is not going to throw Johnny into the fire and destroy any confidence he has

Honestly, that's the last thing Boehiem should worry about. Johnny isn't soft by any means, and actually he relishes the opportunity to prove himself at every level. I've been watching him play for 4yrs and he's built for that type of pressure trust me.
This Is The Part...
When People Start Screamin!

Quote:
That's Manley Fieldhouse,
:pimp:
pimp.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
HOYAS
"I told you last year that if I die and I can't go to heaven, then they can take my body back to Georgetown. Well, I'm here to tell you that I ain't dead yet."

Quote:
Did Paul shoot any J's
HOYAS
"I told you last year that if I die and I can't go to heaven, then they can take my body back to Georgetown. Well, I'm here to tell you that I ain't dead yet."

Back
Top Bottom