***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Damn. That’s like $50 more an hour than I wanted. Was hoping the tattoo I wanted was like $1000 but looks like in the ballpark of $1500. I have to even fly to meet him so this is looking at $2k for everything.

Thanks for the reply.
I'd say hes worth it. Cool dude and his work is one of a kind. Definitely painful though as he does 3 passes to lay his letters down. But then again that was on my feet and toes lol.

**** bang bang forever. That shop took Oscar Akermo's talent and flushed it through their dumb system

That still applies but depends on the artist rates. No ones tipping 20% on an artist that charges 400 or 500 an hour or even a 3k+ day rate. In the end just tip what you feel comfortable with. That tipping rule mostly applies back then to artist barely making anything and having a large cut being taken out and given to a shop. They depended on it. The rates are higher than they've ever been. All the T.V. shows and Bang Bangs shop in NY have played a role in that. I've had tips refused mostly from artist with private studios. If you're just going to a small local shop then stick to the 20% rule.

If you have a 3-5 session with a particular artist. are you tipping at the end of session 5 or tipping after each session?

After each session. You don't want your artist's moral to start to faltering in between sessions.

Interesting. I remember tipping after session 1 to my artist and the next session he gave me half an hour for free. That's why I'm asking. I was thrown off.

I'd say hes worth it. Cool dude and his work is one of a kind. Definitely painful though as he does 3 passes to lay his letters down. But then again that was on my feet and toes lol.

I essentially want this below minus the chest part. I like want the tattoo but know it's going to hurt like a mother. I feel like the time could be about the same as yours since their are less letters to do but I guess that is on him to decided. His assitant told me half days work which I assume is 6 hours with breaks in between.

Interesting. I remember tipping after session 1 to my artist and the next session he gave me half an hour for free. That's why I'm asking. I was thrown off.

Sometimes artist will throw in to clean up the tattoo for free as well. Like after it heals, they'll run it over once more to make sure the tattoo is solid with no mess ups. It's a good moral thing to do to tip your tattoo artist but it can be pricey. That is why I always tell people that tattoos are not meant for the people to try and save money. It's just what it is.....painful and expensive.

Will be going on for my 4th session this coming week, getting ink is the worst addiction ever, I’m feening for the next fix the second I walk out the shop...

0920C459-766B-4C0F-825F-396457178200.jpeg

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr
Your pic was removed

240Zestways 240Zestways how do the ribs compare pain wise to a chest tat? The sternum was a ***** so im avoiding doing my ribs :lol:
Don't really remember to be honest. I think the sternum was more painful than ribs but the sternum is just a small spot. My rib piece was done in one sitting. It was 11.5 hours of tattooing so I guess I'm the wrong guy to ask . I'm currently getting my ribs lasered off on one side and I get to do it all over again when its light enough to cover.

I need yall opinions...

Would you guys get a tribute tattoo of one of your best friends? Lost a friend last year around this time. Wanted to get a tattoo in memory of him. Itll be my first and i was thinking of getting it on the one of my calves

Anyone can recommend so dope portrait artists the do portraits of black people?

I had some questions about UV tattoos

The guy who did my previous tattoo when I asked if he will do one for me said
He doesn't do them anymore and that they only last if you're using the ink a lot

So do UV tattoos need to be constantly charged with the black light in order to last long?

I just did my elbow and inside of elbow joint yesterday, legit the absolute worst experience all around, swelling is wild, pain was stupid and now I’m supposed to limit movement to my right arm so it heals properly?...that’s gonna be fun..

Got my first a couple weeks ago. Will post pics when I update my phone in a couple weeks and it's healed.

Not that I know but I heard behind the knee is the worst place to get tattooed out of all spots.

Had my knee ditch tattooed last week actually. Pain was manageable but it's probably the most difficult spot to heal properly. Took 10 days before the crease was able to scab.

Had my knee ditch tattooed last week actually. Pain was manageable but it's probably the most difficult spot to heal properly. Took 10 days before the crease was able to scab.
Whats your tattoo after care regimen look like? I know everyones different and artist suggest different also but want to know yours personally.

Got my first tattoo today after climbing a tough mountain in NZ. Was a religious experience I felt warranted permanent reflection. The dot is me. Nothing crazy but means a lot to me.

Woke up and decided I need to get it so I did. Almost passed out, too (I have anxiety haha). Good first experience. Already planning more only when I travel.
EA13C8A0-C1DA-4ACE-B1C3-D1A16DFC734B.jpeg

Got my first tattoo today after climbing a tough mountain in NZ. Was a religious experience I felt warranted permanent reflection. The dot is me. Nothing crazy but means a lot to me.

Woke up and decided I need to get it so I did. Almost passed out, too (I have anxiety haha). Good first experience. Already planning more only when I travel.
EA13C8A0-C1DA-4ACE-B1C3-D1A16DFC734B.jpeg
nice work, Which shop was this?

Back
Top Bottom