***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

There is a guy I follow named Koji Ichimaru. He's Japanese and does only Japanese style tattoos but sort of old school traditional style with simple lines and black and color. I've wanted a tattoo from him for a while but it seems his schedule is super booked.

HIs large pieces are the best though. Simple lines but just looks so much better massive.

^Came across his work today. Beautiful. Seems like he's always at the Bay Area Conventions but I can't tell for the life of me where he's based.

^Came across his work today. Beautiful. Seems like he's always at the Bay Area Conventions but I can't tell for the life of me where he's based.
I think Japan but not a 100% sure. I met him at the conventions once but was just selling books and what not and said he wasn't tattooing. Then I check his feed and he post a photo of someone he tattooed. Haha. I read some comments that he doesn't respond to his emails so perhaps he's just so booked that he just doesn't have to inquire new business.

I just got my first piece yesterday and it's a fine line. I'll post pics once the damn artist uploads to IG :lol:

I think I want my next piece to be a black/grey realism. I'm blown away by some of the work out there. I love the work Oscar Akermo did on TJ Dillashaw:

Reactions: God
I just got my first piece yesterday and it's a fine line. I'll post pics once the damn artist uploads to IG :lol:

I think I want my next piece to be a black/grey realism. I'm blown away by some of the work out there. I love the work Oscar Akermo did on TJ Dillashaw:

Akermo was one of the most talented artists at one point. Dude was 20 doing masterpieces. Then he moved to NYC at Bang Bang and his work just ain't the same no more. A real shame. F Bang Bang.

On another note, is $250 an hour pretty standard for NYC prices?

yup can look just as decent 30 years from now

Legit the more I think of the artform and it’s evolution the more appreciative I become of traditional pieces and i become more glad I got a swallow bird on my hand, feels like this piece will age better than my floral half sleeve even....fine line tattoos are all the crave now, but I don’t see any of that stuff aging well at all.

Akermo was one of the most talented artists at one point. Dude was 20 doing masterpieces. Then he moved to NYC at Bang Bang and his work just ain't the same no more. A real shame. F Bang Bang.

On another note, is $250 an hour pretty standard for NYC prices?

Yeah that seems to be the standard...

I got this done a couple weeks ago. As some of you may know I lost my mom last year. Her favorite place was the beach so I wanted to get something for her and I was beyond happy with the outcome.

Attachments

• C6CFB431-8529-4669-BE0C-2700F0553F0A.jpeg
    C6CFB431-8529-4669-BE0C-2700F0553F0A.jpeg
    341 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom