***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

I need to know who did this tat son

Any other artists with a similar style like Jun Cha? I just found out about his work and it's amazing.
I probably will never get a tattoo but if I do those are the type I would want

BJ Betts spoke about this guy but Eric Marcinizyn is up on the same scale as Jun Cha. Just different content and sort of different style but he's pretty damn good at doing black and whites. I've posted pics of his work on the last thread but here you go:

http://ericmarcinizyn.blogspot.com/

black-and-grey-tattoos-by-eric-marcinizyn-10.jpg

I need to know who did this tat son

RIF my friend RIF

Last edited:
NT tattoo brethren, is it gay that I want to get a tattoo on my left wrist?

I've always been into music and feel that it's gotten me through so many hard times.. I want to get the words
"Where Words Fail
Music Speaks"
put onto my left wrist. My left one being because I'm eventually gonna get a tribal armband tattoo on my left bicep when I go back home to Hawaii so having my tattoos on the same arm would be nice I think.. and also because I'll be able to see it when I play guitar. (Been playing for 3 years now) I also think that if I need to cover it for work or anything, I can put a watch over it. I want to get music notes on the sides coming off of the words, ya know? Something artistic instead of just words.

Whatcha think?

Nice Pics.. still thinking of designs to complete my sleeve .. followed a LOT of tattoo artist on Instagram

Sigh. Someone make a "how to convince your parents tattoos aren't bad thread".

i too felt your pain when i was a young gun, but let me tell you im glad they didn't let me run wild. otherwise id have arms full of chinese characters, barbed wire AND chain arm bands, no limit tanks, tribal suns with lil' devil and georgetown hoya on my neck. and im not making jokes those were cool when i was coming up. you're better off waiting a little bit until your tastes are more refined. id hate for you to be stuck with a hatchet man.

I've always been into music and feel that it's gotten me through so many hard times.. I want to get the words
"Where Words Fail
Music Speaks"
put onto my left wrist. My left one being because I'm eventually gonna get a tribal armband tattoo on my left bicep when I go back home to Hawaii so having my tattoos on the same arm would be nice I think.. and also because I'll be able to see it when I play guitar. (Been playing for 3 years now) I also think that if I need to cover it for work or anything, I can put a watch over it. I want to get music notes on the sides coming off of the words, ya know? Something artistic instead of just words.

Whatcha think?

Why would it be gay? :smh: Your body, your choices.

Also, depending on exactly where on your wrist it is, you can just wear a dress shirt and cover it up.

I have a tattoo that's on my outside forearm and goes from elbow to wrist. If need be, a dress shirt covers it up.

Not even. I guess just don't get it small. If it is a decent size, there is nothing gay/feminine about it.

This is Daewon Song...a professional skater. He got his mom's name in Korean on his wrist. I think even without his sleeve, it would look dope.

img_1256429761_697579.jpg

Saw this before but I think this tattoo is sick.

Damn, seeing these tats is making me more want to get my half sleeve done. Anyone know any examples of a black dragon that I can use for a half sleeve? My son was born this year so I thought that would be a great first tat.

anyone know of any good tattoo artist in southern cali area. Preferably in Southern California around the San Bernardino County..

Thanks

Mr Fongstarr - Thanks to you I found my next tattoo idea. After seeing the lotus/bee Usugrow tat you have ( which looks amazing btw), I started looking into Usugrow. I love his work. So many nice pieces that I can see getting inked. In my search, I came across this piece of art. I believe its a Usugrow x Toshikazu Nozaka collab.
Nozaka-768x1024.jpg

I think it is perfect for the portion of a sleeve I want to dedicate to my mother. Just a question for you guys though, would a tat like this look better by the shoulder or somewhere on my forearm? I already have my mom's name tatted on the side of my forearm, would prefer to keep the tats close but I don't mind putting this tat somewhere else.

Mr Fongstarr - Thanks to you I found my next tattoo idea. After seeing the lotus/bee Usugrow tat you have ( which looks amazing btw), I started looking into Usugrow. I love his work. So many nice pieces that I can see getting inked. In my search, I came across this piece of art. I believe its a Usugrow x Toshikazu Nozaka collab.
Nozaka-768x1024.jpg

I think it is perfect for the portion of a sleeve I want to dedicate to my mother. Just a question for you guys though, would a tat like this look better by the shoulder or somewhere on my forearm? I already have my mom's name tatted on the side of my forearm, would prefer to keep the tats close but I don't mind putting this tat somewhere else.

Forearm, keep everything together..IMO

Nozaka-768x1024.jpg

Forearm, keep everything together..IMO

i was thinking that too, but it would depend on the type of script used in the name. and that flower would look good placed on the shoulder and the waves would look nice coming down on the upper arm.

That's a hard toss up. Although the shoulder would make sense, I just don't think that flower is a strong piece to have there. The shoulder in essence should have a really dominant image and I just don't think that would cut it. And then the forearm just seems like it could look really confusing. That is one of my regrets in my Usugrow tattoo is that I don't think it translated that well since it curved around my arm. To this day, no one can make out what it is and I think you could face that with that image as well.

Another thing too......some line drawings like that don't translate that well as a tattoo. I think tattoos look best with some sort of shading or some sort of variations of color even if it be black and white. If someone tattooed that as is, it would look too design looking and almost get into that territory of a tribal look kind of like the images below. That's just not a style I've ever liked. Still, I think it can be worked on but it might also change the overall look of that design. I've learned though from my experience to never get tattoos from artwork. No BS, I actually do regret getting the Usugrow tattoo. I think tattoo design is it's own style of art and other stuff should just be best left on paper.

This is all my opinion though and no offense to the people that have that kind of tattoos. Just go with what you like that reflects you. If it makes sense, then you and other people will dig the tattoo.

simple-tattoo-design-2.jpg
bull-tattoo-designs-1.jpg

Appreciate the opinion guys. Forgot to mention that I would probably be getting the waves colored in.
I'm going in person on Monday to have a consultation with one of the tattoo artists at this shop that was recommended to me.
Ultimately, I think I might go with the forearm placement simply because I too believe that the shoulder should be reserved for a more dominant piece.
Always pictured a Fu-dog or dragon, not a rose :lol: I'll keep you guys updated.

FongStarr - Sorry to hear that bro, personally I think it looks great.Remember what you said though, you're your own worst critic.

My one of a kind tribal dragon designed by my brother. Definitely not your typical tribal tattoo. Got this done 6 years ago right when I turned 18. It took about 27 hours over 4 sessions in a two week period and I took this picture a month after it healed. Still looks just as fresh and black today. For anyone doing solid black work I recommend Intenze Zuper Black Ink as it's pretty heavy and thick.

Last Year added a Tribal Phoenix which runs down the whole left side of my back. That one took about 22 hours.

Not really good pictures of either of them but It's all I have for now.

Sleeving up my right arm in November so I'll post more when the time comes. It'll be black and grey work this time.

Almost 50 hours and $6,000 deep in ink and I have no regrets.

Back
Top Bottom