***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Thanks.. that's the wifey. In a year or two I'll have that picture tattooed on my ribcage.

:lol: nice fam. Thats definitely something that would look dope as a piece.

I'm thinking about getting a tribute to my family somewhere on either my arm or my chest. Not ure which spot as of yet.
I'll probably get it this winter around thanksgiving/christmas as a gift to myself, then splurge on material items for the fam :smh: :lol:

A tat is good enough for me :smokin

Fong

Do you know what Yutaro and Lango charge per hour? Do you know of any other good artist in the bay area for traditional chinese and japanese tattoos? Thanks

Just got this lady head done last week

Fong
Do you know what Yutaro and Lango charge per hour? Do you know of any other good artist in the bay area for traditional chinese and japanese tattoos? Thanks

They charge $180 an hour with the exception of Grime which I think is $200 an hour. When I went, they both had a 3 month wait and Grime had a year.

As far as other traditional Japanese artists, check out Luke Stewart & Erik Rieth at Seven Son: http://seventhsontattoo.com

Also Tim Lehi at Black Heart is good too: http://www.blackhearttattoosf.com/shop/index.aspx

Ive been seeing old boats. What do those signify?

Imo....I think it represents old style Americana tattoos that have been passed down from generation. There's just those timeless pieces that won't ever go out of style like the anchor, the boat, pin-ups, panther, dagger, etc.

But I did get this explaination off google: "It symbolizes all the tough times people have had and that they have survived throughout them. In days before steamships, sailing the seas was a true adventure, and those who sailed on tallships and was a shell-back sailor wore his tattoo proudly to show he was a part of an exacting and dangerous tradition ".

Last edited:
:lol: nice fam. Thats definitely something that would look dope as a piece.
I'm thinking about getting a tribute to my family somewhere on either my arm or my chest. Not ure which spot as of yet.
I'll probably get it this winter around thanksgiving/christmas as a gift to myself, then splurge on material items for the fam :smh: :lol:
A tat is good enough for me :smokin
Yeah same here. I plan on getting a portrait of my daughter on my chest and a portrait of my girl will be right underneath.

Im really looking to go to Saved Tattoo to get a native Indian piece done. I dont know where I would get it...I was thinking upper right side of my back, but im trying to save my back for a bigger ship piece in the future. I was thinking my chest but I dont know if there would be enough space, and I woudnt want to shrink it either, then it would lose detail. The only other option im thinking of is my thigh (side). Might be a tad feminine but honestly I dont care and its a good flat surface with a lot of space. Im leaning towards something like the second picture, I like how cold the tattoo feels.

On another note, I also called North Star and set up a consultation with Rodrigo Melo this Saturday. Hopefully I can get started on my sleeve in November. Going to be an expensive fall for me.

If anyone is interested, this is a great documentary on Ancient Tattooing. Covers tebori, to a sewing technique, to even jail house tattoos.

50 minutes in was the most interesting to me. Homie got a full jailhouse tattoo covering both arms and chest and the detail is
eek.gif

My most recent piece. Music is literally like my life. My favorite part is the headphone jack

:smokin :smokin Nice tat nike fetish...i wanna get a treble clef on my outer bicep turnin in a cord leadin into a microphone on my middle part of my bicep but i didnt finalize the design yet...plus i got limited space cuz i got a tat above where i want it at

Whoa, that is pretty sick.. definitely something different. Any more info on this?

found it on bmezine.com they have alot of for lack of a better word "abstract" and dotwork tattoos, that i am starting to really like. here's there description

its by Veronique Depuydt of Original Sin in Belgium. The tattoo memorializes the client’s grandfather, who was the town mayor of a West Flemish city called Bavikhove in the 1950s, and that is who is pictured prominently in the tattoo giving a speech. Much of the rest of the tattoo is made up of a street view of the town at the time — the church of course, as you’ll find in all European towns, and also the old town hall, and flax drying between them, which was once the scene in all the fields in West Flemish towns of the past. Behind his grandfather is an old bottle of Bavik beer — the local brewery still exists — and the most famous bar as well (In’t Damberd). The gravestone near the bottom for his brother who has passed away. This tattoo with it’s stark style, devoid of shading and made up of only powerful confident scratches, I think will age absolutely beautifully, and unlike many tattoos, will actually look better and better with age — to say nothing of being stylistically quite unique.

Not my thing either. A few I like though. The that chicks back and the tribal'ish thing on bros chest/ shoulder.

Do you guys wear sun block everytime you go in the sun? I got a really bright oranges, reds and greens I don't want to fade. They haven't yet and I never wear sunblock unless I'll be out enough to get burnt. But I don't know if I've been doing damage to them.

If you are going to be out for a while and KNOW youre gonna be in some sun (beach) then yeah. Otherwise it would take some years to really knock some brightness off. But just be smart about it, if you know youre gonna be in the sun for a while then put some on. I made a mistake of not doing that a few weeks ago at a park, I did manage to borrow my friends sunblock but 4-5 hours later it wore off and I was exposed. It says to re-apply every 2 hours.

EDIT

Put a deposit down for Rodrigo Melo today. First appointment was suppose to be November, but someone cancelled and im going in for session 1 on September 9.
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Do you guys wear sun block everytime you go in the sun? I got a really bright oranges, reds and greens I don't want to fade. They haven't yet and I never wear sunblock unless I'll be out enough to get burnt. But I don't know if I've been doing damage to them.
Yeah I try to use sunblock if I know my tattoo will be exposed for 15 minutes or more.

It sucks to keep reapplying sun block lotion which is why I copped this:

Amazon product ASIN B000HOZDZQ
Cheap, small, and easy to apply. I keep one in my car and backpack.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom