Official Tax Season Thread? vol Splash Out m8

My dad does them for me and mails it in so I prob won’t see mine until like April. Usually get like $1200-1400 back

Got a independent contractor job this year and made less than $2000 from it, I wonder how that will affect me

Last edited:
My dad does them for me and mails it in so I prob won’t see mine until like April. Usually get like $1200-1400 back

Got a independent contractor job this year and made less than $2000 from it, I wonder how that will affect me
from the independent contractor job did you receive a 1099-MISC instead of a W2?
if thats the case congrats u can deduct job expenses(up to earnings;meaning that 2K turns to $0) cuz trump eliminated job expenses on w2

single is 12K deduction
H of H is 18K
u just gotta make sure u can use someones SS# to state u pay for more than half of their expenses to be able to claim HOH

my accountant did mines... kinda pricey for 125 for his services but he gets me back a decent return....so im getting 1905 from federal and 90 from the state... just waiting for it to hit the bank account

my accountant did mines... kinda pricey for 125 for his services but he gets me back a decent return....so im getting 1905 from federal and 90 from the state... just waiting for it to hit the bank account

125 is pricey? :lol:

My charge rate for the work I do starts at 250 and goes up depending on the level of complexity per hour. My partners are north of 700.

well i dont know how much accountants make but was just saying its pricey compared to using turbotax and other cheaper services

turbo tax is the best.. doing mine tonite..

if youve used turbo tax before it pretty much fills in everything for you and just have to plug in up to date numbers...

takes 15 -20 mins tops

I was about to do them through the website and pay online. The CD route better to use? Which version to use Basic, Deluxe, or Premier just for the phone support, state tax preparation, etc. Leaning towards Deluxe.

Good looks on the Sam's Club with the $20 off. Just waiting on some input which to buy.
This is helpful
14347570_f520.jpg

If you have investments, go premier. A home business, the h&b version may be best. If you like to deduct and have kids, deluxe maybe the way to go. the basic is equivalent to the version that TT touts as being free free free free. I wouldn't buy a CD if you're on the free/basic spectrum.

The CD comes with 5 e-files, so you can cover your whole family. You'd spend less with the CD version if you take advantage of at least 3 e-files.

sharpshooter718 sharpshooter718 yeah. Kind of Crazy.
You literally enter 2 control numbers and account numbers and your investments and your w-2 are auto populated into TT. If a tax preparer is charging more than $80, I'd be skeptical if you only had 2-3 forms to give them.

you go boy you go boy
Sounds like you may need to raise your withholdings. I know at my work, we can change the withholdings online. But it only accounts for federal. It seems like the state is taking out just enough. But not the feds.

Last edited:
turbo tax is the best.. doing mine tonite..

if youve used turbo tax before it pretty much fills in everything for you and just have to plug in up to date numbers...

takes 15 -20 mins tops

Love Turbo Tax. Already received my federal return via direct deposit, I submitted 3rd week January. Just waiting for my state return. Did about the same as I did last year so no complaints really.

They gotta change the child n childcare tax credit rule where only one parent can claim the kid...so much co parenting these days, just split it between both parents

I filed the 3rd and recieved it this morning. Stupid fines killed my vibes lol. Next year should be better , I'll be claiming my newborn. Is it better to claim a dependent now or just wait till next year?

I filed the 3rd and recieved it this morning. Stupid fines killed my vibes lol. Next year should be better , I'll be claiming my newborn. Is it better to claim a dependent now or just wait till next year?
if u mean on ur w4 vs end of yr return u pick wat u prefer
claim him now and receive more each check but at the end of the yr receive ****
get more taxes taken out now without claiming the newborn and get a higher refund at the end of the yr when u claim him

Got a 1099 from Paypal because I'm in MA. $6000+ sales apparently. Do I have to include it even if I'm maintaining that none of it was profit? Essentially selling off old sh*t.

Decided to go with H&R Block this year (last year I used FreeTaxUSA)
Got around $200 plus $8 for state. Last year I got around $300

Update

I normally get like 12-1400 back but this year I’m getting less than 700 :smh::nerd: maybe my dad did something wrong

Although this year I did get a 1099 from an independent contractor job (made less than $2000) and also did have dividends this year (less than $500)

About to do it on turbo tax and compare to what my dad got me

In MA btw

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom