Official Tax Season Thread? vol Splash Out m8

Royally messed up on my W4 when i started my job in April 2021, didn’t catch the mistake until now … luckily i can cover the difference but ouch
The 0-1-2-3 type system has been gone a year or two now. It’s much harder imho but some get grandfathered in. It’s now a a so called simpler system. If multiple w2s mess things up for you, try to do the additional withholding and be safe about it I presume. All else equal, get a taxcaster type app and know what you should be owing at years end and adjust in September or October.

Usually basic w4s assume that it’s your only job, so they usually take out more than needed. One usually needs to adjust the other way. Best of luck.

One thing to remember this year. If you agreed to the child tax prepayments,
And your kid is out of the age brackets,‘you may owe big this year. They went off of 2020 tax info and your 5 year old may be six or 17 year old may be totally out of the tax credit range.

Most still got $3600 or $3000 vs. $2000 from a year prior. But half of it did happen in the prior six months. So pretty much everyone’s tax refund should be less than last year. Although it appears the earned income tax credit threshold raised too.

This may be the least flourished tax season ever.

Coworker filed last week friday, it got accepted today and federal hits her account this friday :wow:

Coworker filed last week friday, it got accepted today and federal hits her account this friday :wow:
Mine usually takes a week and a half with federal. State usually hits a day or two early.

I’m filing tomorrow since CA starts accepting tomorrow, per turbo tax.

Mine usually takes a week and a half with federal. State usually hits a day or two early.

I’m filing tomorrow since CA starts accepting tomorrow, per turbo tax.
Is it tomorrow? Thought I read somewhere they started earlier than usual this year and on 1/24

I'll do it this weekend. Last year I filed a day before the extended deadline.

Whats the most yall ever got back?

I usually get back around 6k with one kid I'm always on Unemployment 5 months of the year and never pay taxes on it and just pay when I file taxes.

this year I'm getting 800. :lol:

sorry parents in here, don't expect ****. I'm just going to burst your bubble now.

So for those that received the CTC this year. Did you guys end up having to pay fed?

Damn man, I did Doordash for a few months and paid quarterly taxes for every quarter, but forgot to do it for state smh. Hoping I don't have to pay a lot lol.

State refund hit my account today, federal will be this coming monday. Filed last week thursday :pimp:

Heads up:
Turbo Tax Premier is completely free if you have a brokerage account ( Free Fed + Free states )

The offer is a link you have to use, found at the bottom of your portfolio page.

Last edited:
This is my brokest year ever since I started working when I was 16. Lost my mind early 2021 and wasn’t good til like September so I barely worked. Not gonna get **** back this year :lol:

Mine said the 14th lol. My brother downloaded the irs app and it said March 1st for child earn credit people. So that's what I've been telling myself is when I'll have it smh.

Well update me on when you get yours… and I’ll do the same, IRS played big games with me last year

Back
Top Bottom