Official Tax Season Thread? vol Splash Out m8

glqtdlyd37j81.png

welp looks like I owe this year.... not surprised but it does suck... it's all good I was expecting worse and this is the first and probably last year I'll owe... I made too much in capital gains for my accountant to lie lol.. but he did do a lot because based on my capital gains I'd owe a lot more

last year I got back money when I didn't pay taxes from April 2020-oct 2020 on unemployment... so I made out last year

Last edited:
Got a question
Sent my return in with all the accurate info

Saw that I had 1 LAST W2 from a job that I only worked a week at ( the total income was literally a thousand) got it after I sent the return in
Should I wait for the irs to send me a letter or something ? First time this ever happened , it was a side hustle for a week I was helping a friend with his delivery service - it was so early in the year I completely forgot about it

Will they approve my return and send me a letter about having to pay the tax on this later or will they not approve the return?

Can I make a charitable donation that allows me to get a state tax credit and apply the tax credit without itemizing my return?

The standard deduction works best for me which is why I don't want to itemize.

How are you calculating this.. did you already receive your W-2?
No W-2 yet, but my last paystub for 2022 pretty much shows all of my income/deductions/taxes for the year, so it might as well be a W-2 :lol:

Plus, I already received my 1099-DIV, so I have a pretty good idea of what my tax liability is vs what I paid that year.

Waiting for two other W2’s to come in. I hate this part of the process. Wish all parties could figure a way to expedite the process.

Got 14k back last year. I do Single and 0 so they tax me like crazy throughout the year. When I file I claim two dependents.

Hopefully this year the story is the same but now I have a property and hoping to get more.

Can I make a charitable donation that allows me to get a state tax credit and apply the tax credit without itemizing my return?

The standard deduction works best for me which is why I don't want to itemize.
Maximum of $300 cash contributions if single, $600 for married. BUT you’ll need to itemize. And even if you do it’s hairs of a difference.
Been reading the same. Did they adjust the income brackets?
They do every year. Fractions to the point of difference. You’ll want to be just before the next bracket You’ll pay extra taxes on the next one

Back
Top Bottom