Official 'The Hundreds SF' Post

I already put the rumor I heard out there. Its just a rumor anyways. No need o boycott anything.

When it happens we will all know...whatever it is. Its just a store.....its not that serious.

laugh.gif
smh.gif
So their bringing "California culture"/L.A. lifestyle to the bay area ey?...

b4utk6.png

6qfk0x.png

[taken from desktop thread]
ivfjpd.png

People in the bay gonna wear that L.A. lifestyle
roll.gif

they are laughing to the bank while bay heads keep buyin la lifestyle... who cares if the the hundreds and huf trade places. if huf moved to ny, most of thesefools wouldn't be cryin as hard. i ain't mad that all these fools rock huf hats when they ain't even from san francisco, yup i said it, but thatslike saying someone from daly city couldnt wear a sf giants hat. hey, at least when you boys are in la, you can rock a OLD HUF HAT and they might still thinkyour from the BAY! silly, trix are for kids..

Originally Posted by igotmorekicksthenyou

laugh.gif
smh.gif
So their bringing "California culture"/L.A. lifestyle to the bay area ey?...

b4utk6.png

6qfk0x.png

[taken from desktop thread]
ivfjpd.png

People in the bay gonna wear that L.A. lifestyle
roll.gif
There are alot of LA heads that live in the bay area.

As much as I don't like the Hundreds as a clothing brand, they have established themselves well in this "industry" and they will seriously gono where regardless if people hate that they are in SF. But if they were smart, they would round up a collective of new designers and design Hundreds shirtsthat are catered to Bay Area culture (seeing that they are so culture driven in their work). But this is just more of an example that these boutique stores arehardly doing an underground thing anymore. I always think the first sign of success is branching out and setting up a franchise within your own private brand.On just that successful manner, I give the Hundreds the thumbs up on that but I still think they should put out some qaulity products, rather then relying ontheir fame and fortune to make them successful. I mean I don't care if Jigga wore that one hoddy.....that +$+ was weak.

And as far as Sutter being the new Fairfax, yeah right! Haight will always be the one to take that trophy. Sutter has what, two different stores now. And ithardly a place you can park, walk and shop. You go there for only one reason right now, and that is HUF. I only see one of many thing that will happenthere.....parking will totally suck now and there will be even more groupies going to Sutter.

i dont mind hundreds being here but i dont think anyone but hypebeasts will wear it because the bay only likes itself

rightfully so which is why im disgusted by huf going to L.A.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

guess ill have to create my own bay atmosphere when i open up a skateshop

I just hope people get what they are wearing. The only thing that holds weight on the designs that the Hundreds throws out is the philosophies of the wholedesign. Like most of them have either a great straight forward message or a subliminal one (whether good or bad...that one tee that they put out where it waslike a windows pop up error was straight dumb). But I know half of the people buy them cause it matches with the specific shoes they own or where or somethingon those lines. Still, I know clothes are just clothes but like I said, I just hope people at least kind of get what they are wearing. or representing.

Maybe if I met the whole Hundreds staff, I would have a better understanding of them. I think now a days (or me anyways) you support companies you likeregardless of the input of designs. I guess that is why I like Flying Coffin the most right now. Alot of just dumb looking stuff......

I just find it funny that The Hundreds are moving up to the Bay Area, when they are based on L.A. lifestyle.

I agree with Mr Fongstarr on how successful they become. Good for them. I like The Hundreds blog, but as a clothing company i think they just plain suck. Theirclothes are just wack:
eakq2v.jpg

dpwmbo.jpg

b8y36.jpg

2r4pefa.jpg

2vkl14x.jpg

288p082.jpg

Their clothes look like their from anchor blue. Just stop with the clothes and stick to the blog.

HUF going down to socal is just as bad. Everyone i know from the Bay to LA, knows HUF as a "SF thing."

At the end of the day though...its just clothes. Both companies doing their thing, making more money than me. However, kids are eating this stuff up actingreally hard cause they have some exclusive boutique shirt where you can only get at a certain store. At least give these kids clothes that look good
laugh.gif

Just for fun...
zmxt0y.jpg

ea2kx3.jpg

dbpht4.jpg

that's respect
roll.gif

NT- So YES, we're opening our doors in SF on Thursday, March 20th. It'd be great to see you all there. It's an amazing shop and one of our greatestachievements.
I found this thread last night and read all your comments. Thanks for the insight, compliments and criticism are always appreciated and valued.

One thing I've always admired about SF and the Bay folks is how much pride you have regarding your city, and how territorial you can be. It'ssomething that's not as evident in LA (although it does exist), which is why you don't see Angelenos up in arms that Huf or Upper Playground is movingdown here (in fact, we're looking forward to it). So I knew that moving up north, we'd have a bit of this response.. I actually expected a lot more,but to date, just one hate mail (amongst 308 job applications for SF employment). Score.

I have always based our brand on Cali Culture / LA Lifestyle. I grew up in Southern California and most of my youth was heavily inspired by my localsubculture. And thank God, many Nor Cal customers/supporters of ours have found that they can relate to these same factors. Not because they are geographicallylocated in LA, but because these influences and experiences are shared by youth worldwide. I guess it's the same for a Bronx kid who buys Polo even thoughhe doesn't support, or live, White Man, Ol' Boy, Country Club, Equestrian culture. Or how some of you wear Supreme but have never stepped on askateboard in New York, or visit the Stussy store on Haight but have never surfed in Orange County?? It's a pretty preposterous thought that SF kids canonly wear SF brands that talk about SF things, isn't it?

Anyhow, we're excited to be a part of your great city, and from the response we've been getting over the past few months just walking around SF, andthe emails we've been getting, looks like a lot of Bay heads are just as stoked. So don't get me wrong, all defense aside, we're coming correct.For all those wondering why we are moving to SF, trust me, there is a reason (Just like all the critics who wondered who would ever visit a TH store on arandom L.A. side-street).

And just to respond to some of the more outstanding commentary:

To the Self Edge guy, uhh nevermind. I'll keep it to myself.!

To FongStarr, "fame and fortune"? You're confusing Ben and I for Harold and Kumar, perhaps?

To "igotmorekicksth..," you've said it best.. It is just clothing. And art is subjective. One man's trash is another's treasure. Likethat Adam Bomb New Era you just posted. Trash to me, but to a Hot Dog On A Stick employee? Good as gold!

To the "FUNKEE HOMOSAPIEN" guy with a Hiero avatar, you're about to be the most bummed of them all..

Thanks Niketalk. I'll stick around for a bit.

B

I personally am looking forward to the store, and will definitely try to stop by the first day. As far as some bad designs, I don't think that I have everseen a brand that has put out something that wasn't questionable (to me at least). So I simply buy the items I like and stay away from those that Idon't, that doesn't mean that someone else won't like it. Like may of you have said it all subjective.

As someone who shops form their online shop frequently, I'm just stoked that I will no longer have to pay for shipping. I wish you guys luck with thestore, and I'm sure I will be seeing you there.

this thread just got really interesting...

and come next thursday i'm most definitely going to check out the new store. after work that is...

No RunStyles, unfortunately not. We've had our staff set in place for a minute now. But thanks for the interest. When I get some more images of the store,I'll post some sneak peeks here.

I'll be back home next week so I'm kinda anxious to see this new Hundreds store, I've been down in so cal for nearly 2 years and I have never beento the Fairfax joint

Originally Posted by rafsjays

As someone who shops form their online shop frequently, I'm just stoked that I will no longer have to pay for shipping. I wish you guys luck with the store, and I'm sure I will be seeing you there.
Couldn't say it any better.

To FongStarr, "fame and fortune"? You're confusing Ben and I for Harold and Kumar, perhaps?

Actually, that was kind of supposed to be a compliment of some sorts. I mean in all honesty, the Hundreds as just a brand/blog, regardess of theclothes, is........uh........huge. I mean just the outlet you guys are getting into is insane. I think when I saw some of your tees in Activemailorder...i waslike "what the?". I mean I got some friends that hardly know anything about nothing that know what the Hundreds are based on what.....a Bun B shoutor photo. I think it was at a baby shower I went to where people were referring to you (Bobby Hundreds) in a first name basis. "I am down with BobbyHundreds...and that one tee that has that shirtique style look is dope!" And insanely enough, I knew exactly what he was talking about......

But anyways, I am not hating and I am only being a critic. I just come from the design point of view and not the consumer part. One of the best blogs you putout was the design/production process in just one tee. I think people seriously don't realize that what goes onto paper and/or the computer is only half ofthe process. But regardless of anything, (and I think everyone can agree), you guys will be very successful up here. I myself haven't really bought aHundreds shirt since the Being Hunted X Hundreds one. I just haven't seen a lot of quality stuff like I used to....but again that is just me and Idon't think I fit the demographic of the average Hundreds buyer.

I for one can't wait til these guys open their doors. I'm looking fwd to it. I have emailed them and have expressed my appreciation for TH. I used tolive in LA for several years, Rosewood and Vermont, the hood, and have always appreciated SoCal. TH, welcome to The Bay.

Back
Top Bottom