OFFICIAL THE WIRE THREAD.. ''The game is the game"

He never hurt no kids. They give hints that it would be Kenard in the scene prior. Dude had no fear of Omar when he hemmed them up on the corner, and then he's about to light a cat on fire before the liquor store scene.

and if you remember the episode prior to that, omar came hobbling up - since his leg was still wounded from that fall from the building - to michael and the crew and when he left, kennard was disillusioned by omar and dismissed him as a cripple or something along those lines. omar's mystique was completely done away with in his eyes. omar was legendary in the eyes of many and to see him limping and just a plain old mortal was a let down for kenard.

also, kenard was the kid declaring himself to be omar or wanting to play omar when the kids were playing in the streets. i think bunk was the one that noticed it and was disappointed to see people making such a hero out of omar.

so in essence kennard - who is already a sociopath and it is further reinforced with him about to set a cat on fire - went from wanting to play omar in that game with other kids, to seeing this heroic figure limping with a crutch and struggling to even move around, to being the one to kill him.

omar was unraveling, too, leaving him primed to be killed. coming out in the open during the day armed and on the prowl; killing savino kinda pointlessly; telling anyone who would listen that he was hunting marlo. his abandonment of his set codes and getting reckless was his downfall.

and if you remember the episode prior to that, omar came hobbling up - since his leg was still wounded from that fall from the building - to michael and the crew and when he left, kennard was disillusioned by omar and dismissed him as a cripple or something along those lines. omar's mystique was completely done away with in his eyes. omar was legendary in the eyes of many and to see him limping and just a plain old mortal was a let down for kenard.

also, kenard was the kid declaring himself to be omar or wanting to play omar when the kids were playing in the streets. i think bunk was the one that noticed it and was disappointed to see people making such a hero out of omar.

so in essence kennard - who is already a sociopath and it is further reinforced with him about to set a cat on fire - went from wanting to play omar in that game with other kids, to seeing this heroic figure limping with a crutch and struggling to even move around, to being the one to kill him.

omar was unraveling, too, leaving him primed to be killed. coming out in the open during the day armed and on the prowl; killing savino kinda pointlessly; telling anyone who would listen that he was hunting marlo. his abandonment of his set codes and getting reckless was his downfall.
And the end scene with the switched body tags kinda came off as if Omar was just another body that fell.

Wire>

Can't mess with Stringer he had no code and showed he was willing to go behind his man's back multiple times off of greed. Avon didn't need him to get to where they were. He got played by Clay Davis then wants to be all upset and go gangster. He was fake, not smart enough for the downtown heads and not street enough for the gangsters.
The serious had many flawed characters which is what made it great and I still don't get the hate on season 2. That season made the show more than hood drug show. It showed the shrinking middle class and the changes in socio-economic climates. Season 2 also showed the true bosses are those that control the money and product whether it be the Greek or the real estate dude that had the connects and basically took the grainery from the doc workers.

Thats exactly how street ****** are tho :lol:

Don't let these rap songs and movies fill your head with loyalty, honer and trust being anywhere in the streets.

String was that ***** tryna do right but couldnt.

One foot in one foot out type of *****, I respect that more then Avon dumb *** happy with being a thug his whole life.

Thats exactly how street ****** are tho :lol:

Don't let these rap songs and movies fill your head with loyalty, honer and trust being anywhere in the streets.

String was that ***** tryna do right but couldnt.

One foot in one foot out type of *****, I respect that more then Avon dumb *** happy with being a thug his whole life.

It's not rap songs it's life, there's business people out here everyday going behind friend's and family's back to get theirs doesn't mean you respect it. String was a low down dude but kept lying about being brothers. If you're going to be shady be it but his ways got him caught up. He's the dude that thought he was smarter than everyone else cause he's a business man. The real business men and power brokers put him in his place, so he wants to go run back to Avon and be street about it.
Say what you want but atleast Avon was honest about what he was.

Are you talking about after that "let's bang out" scene? That little kid that was saying, "it's my turn to be omar, i want to be omar" in the background, was not kenard, it was just some other random kid.

Last edited:

Are you talking about after that "let's bang out" scene? That little kid that was saying, "it's my turn to be omar, i want to be omar" in the background, was not kenard, it was just some other random kid.

[Video]

I don't know. The kid doesn't rrally sound like kenard, but does look a little like him. I can't tell from this low quality youtube video on my phone. Can someone who has the rereleased HD clip look into this? :lol: :nerd:[/Video]

A man got to have a code...

There is no such thing as a street code

Most untrustworthy ****** ever
laugh.gif
That's why it says a man has to have a code.

The streets are the streets but as a man you have to stand for something and hold yourself accountable.

you cant say you're a businessman one day then wanna get "gangsta wild with it" when you get burnt in a deal. Its one way or the other

Same way omar didn't rob or kill anyone that wasn't in the game
Exactly. Even Avon had a code, however little it was. Remember the whole situation where they shot at Omar's grandmother on a Sunday and Avon had to call String on the truce not to hit family members on a Sunday? Avon and Slim Charles knew that **** wasn't right, yet Stringer had no problem with it. Prime example of how String and Avon's POV were growing apart in terms of how to do things.

Love got Stringer killed in the end to be honest... he was TOO REAL and TOO SMART, which is a horrible situation for the times we live in. I can totally related to that.

roll.gif
Love? Avon summed up perfectly why Stringer got killed. Not SMART ENOUGH for the downtown dudes not STREET ENOUGH for the drug game.
String hated the fact that Avon pegged him exactly. String thought that he was smarter and better than Avon and Avon chopped him down to size without even knowing all the details as to what was going on. Even though it was little scene that ate at Stringer. It also shows no matter how business like you think you are or smart, street smarts can cut through all the bs and see the truth. Clay Davis just taking his money....
laugh.gif
. That scene in season 5 where Clay mentions String to Lester and Lester's eyes get real wide...
roll.gif
set my dvr to record the whole marathon while away for xmas
come back and nothing smh
the HboGO APP is too damn flaw and won't work on my apple tv,
whats life? will this air again at all?
I think they will re air them again on Mondays. IIRC they will do all seasons on Monday nights, check your listings.
Marlo >>>>>>>>>>

he said **** the rules of the game, and changed them to his advantage. he thought outside the box to make everything beneficial for him. it would've been easy to fall into the co op, but he took everything over. marlo was the realest.
Marlo was the in between of String and Avon I think but he still leaned more towards putting in work. His last scene in season 5 showed that. I think he would have eventually wound up dead or in jail because he loved putting in work too much.
The only problem I have with The Wire(those two thoughts shouldn't go together right...problem and The Wire) is the way they killed off Omar. Omar was probably the most compelling character in the series and to have him go out like that didn't seem right to me. Some might argue that it speaks to the brilliance of the series, that you can have a character that important get killed in such a random way...but man. That's Omar. Omar's coming.....Omar's coming
laugh.gif
It was just ironic that the very type of person he wouldn't kill, wound up killing him. We even see Michael, who was basically the next Omar, didn't kill that kid that ran out the back door when Chris and Snoop killed that family. Even though he didn't say it, he has a code too.

He never hurt no kids. They give hints that it would be Kenard in the scene prior. Dude had no fear of Omar when he hemmed them up on the corner, and then he's about to light a cat on fire before the liquor store scene.

I think Omar started unraveling in that scene where he went to the store to buy cereal in his pajamas. He tried to fit the gun in his waistband but didn't and wound up going out in broad daylight without a gun-while people were looking for him. He would have never done that before. He also got a stash dropped in front of him without doing anything while smoking a cigarette on his way back. He didn't even want it. Right there you knew it was the beginning of the end for Omar. The store he went into was the same store Kennard killed him in too. 

weebays kid, naymond, was the ultimate scum. i hated that piece of ****.
huh?  he was a lost kid being forced out on the corners by his mom

he tried to act hard because that's all he thought was expected of him to be like his dad

Last edited:
weebays kid, naymond, was the ultimate scum. i hated that piece of ****.
huh?  he was a lost kid being forced out on the corners by his mom
he tried to act hard because that's all he thought was expected of him to be like his dad

he treated dookie like **** [emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji]

i have no sympathy for nay he had it relatively good compared to the rest of the kids.

that's kid stuff man, he teased him but that kind of stuff happens with kids as ****** up as it is he ain't do anything unredeemable

he had it good financially but just like all the other boys he had parents that weren't there or didn't give a crap about his well-being

Randy is the only one that had that with Miss Anna

Last edited:

that's kid stuff man, he teased him but that kind of stuff happens with kids as ****** up as it is he ain't do anything unredeemable

he had it good financially but just like all the other boys he had parents that weren't there or didn't give a crap about his well-being

Randy is the only one that had that with Miss Anna
Naymond was your typical bully who is like that because he was bullied at home.

Randy got it the worst. I choked up with "what about me" scene with Carver in that hall.

Dook turned into Bubbles but he had no choice. Those were his only cards 
mean.gif

Michael turned into Omar...

Still wished 1 last season was given.

Naymond is the only kid that made it.

I found myself glued to Chris character.

Naymond is the only kid that made it.

I found myself glued to Chris character.
From the help of POH LEASE.

Weebay was one of the only dudes with a real code on the show. He left the streets for the second and let his son go to have a chance.

I've watched this show 4-5 times over and every time I get choked up when I sit back and think while watching it.

Wallace hit me hard first go round, then prop joe, but bodie still hurts. 

mean.gif

Marlo got off so easy
mean.gif

Annoys me everytime I watch it
Nah, I take it from his last scene he got himself into trouble and eventually got locked up or killed. He didn't fit into that scene with Levy so he bounced and what did he do? Get into a scuffle on a corner trying to put in work. Even though he had the money, we're led to believe he was a goon at heart like Avon.

Namond catching hate...
mean.gif
. He won tho.

@Elpablo21   your avy..
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Marlo got off so easy :smh:

Nah, I take it from his last scene he got himself into trouble and eventually got locked up or killed. He didn't fit into that scene with Levy so he bounced and what did he do? Get into a scuffle on a corner trying to put in work. Even though he had the money, we're led to believe he was a goon at heart like Avon.

Namond catching hate...:smh: . He won tho.

@Elpablo21
  your avy..:lol:

But we never see it actually happen :lol:

The way he went out was such a cop out imo. Everyone but him faced some dire fate...they made him too untouchable imo

Marlo got off so easy
mean.gif

Namond catching hate...
mean.gif
. He won tho.

@Elpablo21
  your avy..
laugh.gif
But we never see it actually happen
laugh.gif

The way he went out was such a cop out imo. Everyone but him faced some dire fate...they made him too untouchable imo
I know because you didn't see it it irks you. Like, we don't get to see Dukie make the full transition to a junkie, but we see he was on his way from when he asked Pryzbylewski for that money and gave it to the dude he was running with. And like how we saw Namond on the debate team, we can infer that he went on to college. Those last scenes showed what those characters' true nature is, Marlo was no different. He wanted to stay in the game but got forced out, that wasn't him. He loved putting in work, that was his nature, just like Avon. 

the cheese/randy relationship should have had a moment.

Would've been dope if all the Lafayette crew took over like Barksdale and Marlo.

Michael takes out Chris. Randy takes out Marlo. Dookie kills Spider....Naymond????

the cheese/randy relationship should have had a moment.

Would've been dope if all the Lafayette crew took over like Barksdale and Marlo.

Michael takes out Chris. Randy takes out Marlo. Dookie kills Spider....Naymond????
It appeared that Cheese never even knew about his son. They didn't really reveal Cheese's last name until really late in season 5 for the viewer to really make the connection. By that point, Randy was so far into the system it was too far gone to even think they'd find each other. I think when Lester kept saying Cheese's last name in season 5, they wanted the viewer to make that connection, then realize how sad it is that they were so connected, but yet still so far. That right there is some real ****.

As far as the rest, idk where you were going with that. Mike already got Snoop and Chris went to jail. Snoop was Mike's best revenge.

Randy had Prop Joe blood running all through his veins you could tell

I can't even look at Herc and not want to fade this dude for screwing over that kid 
mad.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom