**OFFICIAL Things to SEE/DO - Places to EAT in SoCal LA/OC**

So i know there are a few threads floating around this section regarding spots to eat, and a few threads regardings places to check out... but it all seems so scattered.

So i figured, why not make an OFFICIAL thread for this kind of stuff, because SoCal is such a hot tourist area and it could be helpful for people (like myself) who frequent the area but don't know all of the great spots.

PLEASE, list the BEST places that you HAVE TO eat at when you come to LA or the OC area, as well as the coolest places for out-of-towners to check out...

I'll be sure to update this with the replies... THANK YOU!

I'm fat and I love food so I'll chime in with some eats.

Couple of spots I've mentioned in other posts that I really liked
Cobras & Matadors - tapas
Table 8 - contemporary american? they have this chicken dish there that is awesome
Echigo - sushi

A couple of new spots opened this week.

Craft Los Angeles (in Century City) - Just opened this week. It is a Tom Colicchio restaurant (head judge of Top Chef :pimp:
pimp.gif
taking new reservations til tomorrow (for Aug 14th... ugh). As much as I want to try this spot out, I really want to try out Pizzeria Mozza first. Only heard GREAT things about this spot. I heard reservations there are just as bad as Osteria Mozza. Plan waaaaaaay in advance.

UFC 60 Gracie v. Hughes​
Quote:
HAHAHAHA for all those who think that Gracie is gonna win, care to do a Sig bet (i know its lame, but i guess we cant really bet in person) Loser must keep a SIG made by the winner for a month. Anyone game?
NTer tinkerhatfield: aite im game...but youre like 4 sizes too small for me....i have some sz 12 retro ix's i'll definitely put up tho..

Dang I know that there have been similar posts like this in socal forum, but no one else gets as excited about food as I do?

Forgot to list one of my favorites (and its also relatively cheap eats)

This dumpling house called Din Fai Tung in Arcadia (i probably butchered the spelling). Those dumplings there are crack. The wait is usually pretty long to get a table but the food is well worth it. For you NY transplants, its similar to the dumplings they have at Joe Shanghai? (i think thats what the restaurant is called). Its the soup dumplings where you pierce the shell and theres soup in the middle along with the meat filling. Damn I gotta make my way out there soon.
UFC 60 Gracie v. Hughes​
Quote:
HAHAHAHA for all those who think that Gracie is gonna win, care to do a Sig bet (i know its lame, but i guess we cant really bet in person) Loser must keep a SIG made by the winner for a month. Anyone game?
NTer tinkerhatfield: aite im game...but youre like 4 sizes too small for me....i have some sz 12 retro ix's i'll definitely put up tho..

Back
Top Bottom