OFFICIAL THREAD NIKE BRING BACK THE 1989 & 1990 FLIGHT HIGH & SOLO FLIGHT

Originally Posted by NobleKane

!#@% those xj900 lookin shoes. bring back the air force 5!!!!!!

ibwhau.gif

Originally Posted by FC3SCorey

Madness bro. Beautiful shoe.

As for the guys who don't like these... Stick with your "SUPER AWESOME" Jordans and Dunks and hats while leaving the originality for the others lul.

Nice assumption and I thought people were entitled to opinions. You must have thought you were the man after you posted those wack kicks. Just because something is old doesn't make them dope. Sorry to burst your bubble but the kicks you posted were wack and the cheaper version(the sole and tongue) then, and time hasn't changed things. You look foolish and young comparing those two sneakers.

Originality...lol

I can see everyone who bought a fake pair of Yeezy's and/or own(ed) a pair of skinny jeans with these on right now... unfortunately. TWO THUMBS DOWN

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

Originally Posted by lmns2

what im still wondering is how come there are models that had the cut-out in the sole that showed the air-unit and some didn't.. 
well actually read the thread and you'll understand...
laugh.gif

the ones with the visible air unit are air flight '90s.  the ones without are air solo flights, the "cheaper" version back then.
oh yeah.. sorry about that.. now I know.. i think i was in awe at the scanned catalog pix.. 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by FC3SCorey

Madness bro. Beautiful shoe.

As for the guys who don't like these... Stick with your "SUPER AWESOME" Jordans and Dunks and hats while leaving the originality for the others lul.

Nice assumption and I thought people were entitled to opinions. You must have thought you were the man after you posted those wack kicks. Just because something is old doesn't make them dope. Sorry to burst your bubble but the kicks you posted were wack and the cheaper version(the sole and tongue) then, and time hasn't changed things. You look foolish and young comparing those two sneakers.

Originality...lol
 I know they are the cheap versions of the Air Flights. I was not comparing them to the Solo Flights. They are different shoes.  The main thing I was referencing was the extended plastic eyelets. Not many shoes share that.

^^^the truth.

If quality or cut ain't the same, it's useless to retro these. There is a difference between a 2010 designed 1990 solo flight shoe and an actual retro of a 1990 solo flight shoe.

Thanks to soleaddict for reminding me about this thread.  I hope I'm not overwhelming anyone but these are some very significant shoes that have yet to be retro'd.  Not sure about you guys but I'd love to have these to choose from along with the command force pumps, tech challenge IV, and Tech Challenge III's done right.  
pimp.gif

i had them in kids sizes and they were teal and white, so sick.. heres a pic
2nd pair in

I had solo flights in the blue and white as a kid but always wanted the flights.
gotta bring these back they were my favorite non jordan nike of all time.

I'll never get how punks will orgasm over a lame pair of overpriced, overhyped Frankenstien shoes *cough* Yeezy *cough* that essentially use some components from old school classics, yet will stoneface a true classic.

Part of why the game changed for the worse, hence why I frequent this site less and less these days...

Yes, yes, and yes.  I HATE the fact that I was a penniless teen between 8th and 9th grade when I was on vacation and happened into the Nike outlet in Palm Springs one summer ('91 I think, maybe '92).  I remember that not only were there a FSR of the Flight 90s for cheap, but there were Command Forces for like $75, Tech Challenge IVs for $50 or $60, and <gasp>, my biggest miss ever, Air Pressures (lots of them), complete in awesome plastic packaging, for $50!  smh

Thanks for bringing these up, along with plenty of regret in my heart.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Thanks to soleaddict for reminding me about this thread.  I hope I'm not overwhelming anyone but these are some very significant shoes that have yet to be retro'd.  Not sure about you guys but I'd love to have these to choose from along with the command force pumps, tech challenge IV, and Tech Challenge III's done right.  
pimp.gif

You and I see eye to eye on classic kicks, tre(except maybe for British Knights:wink:I think these are a tough sell to the current generation. Alot of these high tops from the late 80s and 90s appeal so much to those of use in the older generation because we have those memories of the original shoe. I remember these as being the team bball shoe during my junior year in h.s. We got a team discount through a local Nike rep. These were strictly ballin shoes and after the season was over were worn on a daily basis.If these were to be retroed I don't think they'd sell very well. The kids just don't have a connection to these "boring white based, old man shoes"I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

pimp.gif

You and I see eye to eye on classic kicks, tre(except maybe for British Knights:wink:I think these are a tough sell to the current generation. Alot of these high tops from the late 80s and 90s appeal so much to those of use in the older generation because we have those memories of the original shoe. I remember these as being the team bball shoe during my junior year in h.s. We got a team discount through a local Nike rep. These were strictly ballin shoes and after the season was over were worn on a daily basis.If these were to be retroed I don't think they'd sell very well. The kids just don't have a connection to these "boring white based, old man shoes"I'd love to be proven wrong though.
Hey sole, so heres a few reasons why I believe if they retro (the correct way in good OG colors) they will sell well.
1.)  High tops are "in" (and don't seem to be going anywhere).

2.)  There is a solid following for the Flight line, unfortunately, we haven't had many older Flight styles to choose from. 

3.)  Nike put some serious time and effort into re-issuing the very bland Nike Sky Force 88 (A shoe that I can't recall anyone really giving two...well you know.  Not to say that I don't like that shoe but there are much more significant shoes in the vault that need to be re-issued).  If they can retro a bland shoe like that, they can most definitely retro these Flights. 

4.)  The Flight & Solo Flight aren't your typical run of the mill shoe.  The heavier use of plastics on the Flight 89 & 90 give the look of vents on a Ferrari, not what I would call bland at all. 

5.)  The Trainer SC II.  A shoe I battled so many on, that swore if they did indeed release, would never sell.  Well, I think we can all agree they have sold very well.  The major factor?  The original colors and the attention to detail.  Footwear brands don't give the younger generation enough credit for knowing the significance of the original colors and paying attention to details of retro's.    Theres a lot of younger guys that do their research.  A lot of them know good and well about the Flight line and its direct affiliation with the with Jordan line (which alone, should be reason to retro these). While no one can read the future and say this shoe will definitely sell or this one definitely won't, I think the time is right for this shoe to come out.  Do it in OG colors with proper materials and look and they'll have a winner.  

Now with that said, imagine walking into your local boutique and seeing these on the shelf.  

Hopefully Gentry isn't responsible for any of the future retros. I know he's no longer working on JB. We can look forward to him removing all "Nike Air" logos, even crappier materials, and some really hideous fusions...

Back
Top Bottom