OFFICIAL THREAD: Nike Zoom Crusader

Man all the horror ankle stories in here are making me real nervous to play competitively in my pair. I bought them about a month a go and have yet to play a real game in them. I have sprained my ankle so many times it's scary just to think about it.

Man all the horror ankle stories in here are making me real nervous to play competitively in my pair. I bought them about a month a go and have yet to play a real game in them. I have sprained my ankle so many times it's scary just to think about it.

you should have that same worry even wearing a mid/hi top

same damn thing

any news if FTL is dropping the all blue pair? im about to give up on this shoe, im not paying anywhere near retail and got this GC sitting here and the dark green pair is slowly selling out on FTL

As @Zyzz  said, mids/highs wont save you either.  Mids/highs may give you more confidence, but it wont be the shoe that gives you the injury.

These shoes are great, but there is one big flaw on the red pair.

During the first day hooping in them parts of the shoe started peeling off.

I'll take some pics when i can

are those dropping? glad i waited if so because thats the material that should have been on them from the start

Looks like those pics were taken in an Asian footlocker-type place, so safe to say they'll release. I'm really liking the look of em

dont like the yellow but silver is copped 100%

FTL finally put up a new CW, they added the orange one.

After playing in em more and more. i feel like these feel better on my foot than the kobe 8s. seems like the cushioning is better. 

yup, remind me of the 1st hypefuse lows i had :pimp:

wonder what that logo on the back stands for?

Last edited:
wore these for the second time tonight and think im done with em. rolled my ankle with no contact just making a cut. entire foot rolled over and somehow sprained both side of my ankle. inside and outside just like the guy earlier in the thread who had somebody fall on him and sprain both sides of his. i play college ball and wore kobe 4/6/8, hypergamer lows, lebron 11s to name a few throughout my season and had no problems. only other shoe i rolled my ankle in was the cp3 7s on the same move i rolled my ankle in with these. personally i wouldn't recommend these to people considering getting them for hooping. my foot never felt super secure/locked in even on the first wear and after today i think ill probably just try to return em to niketown. :smh:

Not hating on anyone in this thread, everybody has their own experiences with this shoe. BUT it's funny how NBA PLAYERS haven't rolled their ankles wearing this shoe considering the fact that almost every team has 1 player wearing the Crusaders this season (if not more than 1). With respect to everyone that plays ball on NT, none of you are putting more pressure on your legs and feet than any NBA player wearing this shoe full time. Most of us are quick to blame a shoe for our injuries, but I think its all a matter of circumstances and what we feel comfortable wearing on the court. Stay safe NT!

Most of the NBa is taped up anyways so that probably makes up for the low cut of the shoe

@airmoccasin  I completely agree that NBA players put an immense amount of stress/force on the body so it would be easier to roll an ankle.  But I strongly believe that the shoe's height does not cause the ankle roll.  A higher cut may give someone a better sense of stability, but what more so plays into your stability in a shoe is how low your foot is to the ground and how well the heel and forefoot are stabilized.

@vtotheinay  thanks for sharing -- Personally with this shoe, when I tried my true size, I did not feel that my heel was secure enough, so I went down a half.  The half down works very well for me, but may be too snug overall for others. If I had gone with my true size, I know I would have had issues with stability

Last edited:
Not hating on anyone in this thread, everybody has their own experiences with this shoe. BUT it's funny how NBA PLAYERS haven't rolled their ankles wearing this shoe considering the fact that almost every team has 1 player wearing the Crusaders this season (if not more than 1). With respect to everyone that plays ball on NT, none of you are putting more pressure on your legs and feet than any NBA player wearing this shoe full time. Most of us are quick to blame a shoe for our injuries, but I think its all a matter of circumstances and what we feel comfortable wearing on the court. Stay safe NT!

not sure if serious...nba players have their ankles tapes by pros before every game which makes it a lot harder to turn an ankle

@airmoccasin
 I completely agree that NBA players put an immense amount of stress/force on the body so it would be easier to roll an ankle.  But I strongly believe that the shoe's height does not cause the ankle roll.  A higher cut may give someone a better sense of stability, but what more so plays into your stability in a shoe is how low your foot is to the ground and how well the heel and forefoot are stabilized.

@vtotheinay
 thanks for sharing -- Personally with this shoe, when I tried my true size, I did not feel that my heel was secure enough, so I went down a half.  The half down works very well for me, but may be too snug overall for others. If I had gone with my true size, I know I would have had issues with stability

youre right, it has nothing to do with a low or high cut shoe. the heel sits too high off the ground with this shoe. i talked to my homie who just grabbed these recently and he said he rolled his ankle a couple days ago in them as well without stepping on anybodys foot. just making a move to the basket and his foot rolled over.

lacing mine very tight. if anyone wants mine PM me its a sz 12 in the oregon colorway obviously under retail

Crusaders are pretty decent shoes for the price imo
I like how they fit.. They really hug your feet.. And feel really close to the ground. The trade-off of that is some ppl might feel they dont have enough forefoot cushion.

My only complaint is their rear pull tab being so rigid
They'll rub on the skin if you dont wear long enough socks.

those silver and yellow pairs dropped along with a Orange OKC colorway.

They are labeled as the outdoor zoom crusader, the rubber seems to be a thicker and stickier XDR

def copped, love that OG fuse on there makes the shoe less stiff than the original

Back
Top Bottom