Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Destroyers are usually in the $400-$600US range, so that one at $25 is a a steal any way you look at it.

Wonder what the story is behind the big circle. Not crazy about the big circle itself, but pretty cool find.

Stopped by on Monday before F&F was over. Scooped up a few things. Got the NikeLab Pullover Shield Crewneck for 34.99 before the 30% off. I think it was priced incorrectly lol Retail for this thing was like 240...which is insane.

Definitely good, but not as good as devante's deal lol.

Destroyers are usually in the $400-$600US range, so that one at $25 is a a steal any way you look at it.

Wonder what the story is behind the big circle. Not crazy about the big circle itself, but pretty cool find.

When I was looking up which collection it was part of I came across the below:
  • Embroidered circle is inspired by a basketball hoop.
Trust, I wasn't too fond of it either when I initially saw it...but then the price tag change my mind - lol!

Stopped by on Monday before F&F was over. Scooped up a few things. Got the NikeLab Pullover Shield Crewneck for 34.99 before the 30% off. I think it was priced incorrectly lol Retail for this thing was like 240...which is insane.

Definitely good, but not as good as devante's deal lol.

I just chalk it up to some luck and being at the right place at the right time lol

What are everyone's opinions on Roshes?

I know they were an older shoe, but they were classic to me and my sneaker passion - I remember lot's of colourways, some being sought after, like the mangoes. calypsos, etc.

Reason I bring this up, is yesterday I was at Nike Burloak, and they had the Calypsos for 45 bucks! (After 30% off hash wall) Crazy how the sneaker craze changes, I remember Calypsos used to be the most sought after roshe for a bit.

Pictured below for people who are not sure of the shoe I am talking about.
Bi5PnDjCYAAOj0L.jpg

I was never a fan of Roshes mostly because of that toebox that had no shape, Legolas looking thing which is weird cuz the flyknit racer and trainer are my favourite recent Nike designs and the racer had no toebox shape either but each to their own, wear what you like.

It’s like boost anything now, people saying they played out and dead, if adidas made the ultra boost cheaper I’d gladly grab more to add to the rotation cuz they’re comfy although the floaty feeling does get tiring during long periods wearing them

What are everyone's opinions on Roshes?

I know they were an older shoe, but they were classic to me and my sneaker passion - I remember lot's of colourways, some being sought after, like the mangoes. calypsos, etc.

Reason I bring this up, is yesterday I was at Nike Burloak, and they had the Calypsos for 45 bucks! (After 30% off hash wall) Crazy how the sneaker craze changes, I remember Calypsos used to be the most sought after roshe for a bit.

Pictured below for people who are not sure of the shoe I am talking about.
Bi5PnDjCYAAOj0L.jpg

I used to like them before ultra boosts. Now they feel uncomfortable.

For those who have been to Real Sports recently, is DeMar’s Comp10 hat still available? TIA.

Loved the roshe man, it's what started the shoe craze for me. Was crazy hunting for them when they weren't so readily available

can't go wrong for that price on the destroyer, i remember picking up the KOBE destroyer years back for 250 and i thought that was a steal given they normally retailed for 500+ USD pending the model. Still wear that to this day in weather up to -10. They're surprisingly warm given the wool body, leather sleeves and thermal lining.

However, the Lebron Destroyer peacoat not so much

Last edited:
which reminds me: I need to grab a Kobe Destroyer from eBay....

My Roshe Story:
I was the only one camped out for these and when the store opened,
even the staff didn't know what I was looking for, the store got 12 pairs
delivered that morning. Had a couple pairs throughout the years, def
one of those sneakers that paved the way to where we are now.

There's still a place for Roshes in today's scene IMO. 100% a classic
even though I don't own any currently, I see myself copping one for $30
at the outlets for a quick hike or a beach trip.

Was never a fan of roshes. Didn't like the shape, didn't feel comfortable to me. I also remember the complaints about the insoles curling.

Still wear Roshes and own about 10. I also still have doubles of Calypsos, Mangoes and Sport Reds. Bring a pair to every Caribbean trip I go to yearly. Its a model ill never not have in my closet.

I wish they would retro Lunar Flyknit 1s.

Yes man - flyknit lunar 1 is so dope. I got the volt colourway in it and such an amazing, underrated shoe. If that dropped again I would definitely buy again.

Roshes are alright - I only have the black one with the white sole. They are ok comfortable but for the right price worth checking out. Would never pay retail.

Only Roshe I have left is the Squadron Blue (dope combination of navy upper + turq mid/outsole).

I think my favourite was the Burgundy and cream cw though; a GR, not hyped, but really clean.

lunar flyknit 1's wont return as it was designed around the nike+ technology - an obsolete item in current nike corporate strategy

if it does it will likely not be true to OG form. ie air tuned max without tuned air (?!) or air max in general without big, multi-chambered air bags

had all 3 generations of lunar flyknit in multiple colorways & can see that with each new iteration nike gave less and less of ish until they were replaced by lunar epics

with that said, first gens were the best especially multicolors and supreme versions

Was constantly on the fence when the Roshes dropped, just never pulled the trigger. IIRC original retail was $80 and even then couldn’t do it (tried on at Urban Outfitters).

Flyknit 1s I definitely got behind, need to break out my volt pair again. Ran my last race in them: first/only sub-40 10k at Sporting Life :pimp: (39:41). Now I’m a father of two and fat lol

Back
Top Bottom