Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

North of Brooklyn is cool but I was expecting something similar to my favorite spots in Brooklyn and it wasn't as good IMO. Also pretty pricy.

Bro, I hate snobby places like those and while it's not even that fancy, I felt the same way... Only been there once.

Yeah I didn't feel comfortable in there. Was a Saturday afternoon and only went because my friends and I were hungry and my buddy is well known there. We were in the area so just walked over. Everyone in there was dressed up in business attire. Seemed like the place to go for certain folks after shopping in Yorkville and heading home to Avenue Road. I was the only minority in there. Not my thing.

Was at Buca a few weeks back, wasn't really impressed. Mind you this was just for brunch but found things overpriced and menu riddled with pretention.

Pretty much.

North of Brooklyn is cool but I was expecting something similar to my favorite spots in Brooklyn and it wasn't as good IMO. Also pretty pricy.

The first time I went I knew not to fall for the name of the place. You'll usually leave disappointed. :lol:

Speaking of old skool pizza spots like Big Slice.. dare I say at the risk of dating myself.. in my University days.. Cora Pizza vs Papa CEOs on Spadina! Decent slices for a fair price.. not sure how it is now tho...

Came in here looking for some sneaker updates but looks like everyone has the munchies haha. Bareee places:nthat::rofl:

Was at Buca a few weeks back, wasn't really impressed. Mind you this was just for brunch but found things overpriced and menu riddled with pretention.
On the topic of pizza:
-Pizzaolo is always good for a slice
-Queen Margherita is solid too
-was never a fan of North of Brooklyn, may go back and give em another chance tho

WVRST is excellent

Olde York is the GOAT fish & chips joint in the GTA, I will fight anyone who disagrees lol
Tried Queen Marg on Annette and Jane and was expecting a good experience because of the reviews but didn't
enjoy it.

What did you order at Buca?

Yeah I didn't feel comfortable in there. Was a Saturday afternoon and only went because my friends and I were hungry and my buddy is well known there. We were in the area so just walked over. Everyone in there was dressed up in business attire. Seemed like the place to go for certain folks after shopping in Yorkville and heading home to Avenue Road. I was the only minority in there. Not my thing.
we went for dinner and I was definitely out of place. I was even rocking my Preme F*** The World tee. lmao
The server was nice and knowledgeable and prepared our pasta on the table. It was good service but again,
not even close to being my crowd.

Food is very good and they gave us to go fresh pasta, parmesan and olive oil with instructions so that I can
make it at home. Too bad I'm probably never going back.

What did you order at Buca?

An overpriced sausage n egg McMuffin basically. Would've been better off hitting up McD's for the real deal tbh

What's y'all place for a burger? Priest hits the spot but looking to occasionally switch things up
-Top Gun's good but I'm more about their steak sandwiches
-P&L greasiness made my wife puke last time so that's off the list

Tried Queen Marg on Annette and Jane and was expecting a good experience because of the reviews but didn't
enjoy it.

I usually go to the one on Queen East. Nice staff there and I like the setup. I've only done take out at the Jane, and Dundas West locations.

What's y'all place for a burger? Priest hits the spot but looking to occasionally switch things up

I haven't had a burger in so long, buts when I do its usually Burger Priest. I just hate that their fries are trash. So frustrating. :smh:

Done Holy Chuck a few times, its good but god damn so much food. I find myself barely able to function after eating their stuff.

Burgers Priest fell off when they stopped smashing their burgers. PnL had a good burger, Holy Chuck is definitely top 5, but I can't even front... the Beyond Meat Burger is actually amazing..

An overpriced sausage n egg McMuffin basically. Would've been better off hitting up McD's for the real deal tbh

Dude, that's not even italian. That's a REALLY weird thing on their brunch menu. WOW.
Yeah give it a try next time(if you care to LOL) but just get the pastas and pizza which are reasonably priced.
Literally everything else is ridiculous.

Priest is the best spot for me, not quite Shake Shack but very very good.

Tuck Shop is awesome as well, the owners are always there to chop it up
and they serve a really good experience. Affordable too.

The QMP I've been to was the Dundas one as well. Typical Saturday night with the wife, pretty busy as expected but no complaints

I would much rather go to Porchetta and grab and sandwich there than a burger from anywhere to be completely honest. Their fried chicken is crazy

Love Top Gun burgers...whatever u order always get the fried egg on top..

Old school dirty burgers... Apache Burger in the West and Johnny's In the East!

+1 Apache Burger

Gangster Burger #RIP

I liked Top gun but their service took forever

Priest pretty good but dare I say I’d rather have a simpler 5 Guys burger? Their fries win too

In n Out > Shake Shack

Back
Top Bottom