Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

I'm a barber and for all of you that say you don't tip...you honestly don't deserve to have a barber that goes above and beyond to make you fresh. If you feel tipping isn't necessary, then consistently giving you the best quality cut shouldn't be necessary either. The argument about them "getting tipped for doing their job" clearly makes you sound like a cheap little kid. That's completely ignorant and if you aren't in the industry...you shouldn't be talking. A lot of barbers make commission only and depend a lot on tips to help their hourly wages. Unless you're the owner of the shop...you're either paying rent on the chair or getting paid commission. If a cut is 25$, most shops will only be paying you $15 to do that cut. That's barely over minimum wage to do a job that requires skill and expertise. The general public also cannot tell what exactly goes into a "great haircut" vs one the China town barbers are giving so I guess comments like that are valid to those people.

Hey, I know forums aren't the best for having a discussion because there's no context, visual expressions and tone... my comment was actually about tipping in general as you can see from how I stated "the concept of tipping" but I can see how you can take it as directed towards tipping barbers - it wasn't though FYI.

However, I do want to make some comments on your educational rant - this is by no means communicated in a condescending intention/tone but rather out of genuine interest because like I mentioned, the concept of tipping bugs me...

1. Nobody said they don't tip (just a FYI)
2. I'm also not a cheap little kid. I work hard for my money (just like you) and I'm just a bit cautious as to how I use it because my family grew up poor.
3. What does "going above and beyond" comprise of for a barber that you think merits a tip? I can understand including small services that are complimentary vs other places who charge for it. This leads me to my next point.
4. Do you think consistent cuts are a measure of skill/quality or is it an option for the customer? I ask this because your statement isn't logical. To me, I think consistency is a measure of skill/expertise/quality, which should be part of the service you're paying for, which in turn should be justified in the price you're charging me (i.e. paying $30 for a cut vs $8 )- it's justified...you pay for what you get. It wouldn't be logical to pay for a base rate and then say if you want a consistent/good cut like last time, then you have to tip me, right? What are we doing here, buying a car? Even then we don't tip car salespeople...Why not just charge an all inclusive price? Let your work/craft justify the price I'm paying.
5. Assuming you go to the dentist, do you tip your hygienist after cleaning your teeth? If you do, I would be shocked and kudos to you! Because I don't. But if you don't as well, I personally think it's the same concept as a barber. If you don't agree, I'd like to know how you think it's different.

Again, my stance is not to debate, it's just to understand the concept of tipping on top of a service you're already paying for (excluding the positions where you're paid less purposely because tips are on top/included in your salary - i.e strategic revenue distribution).

Sorry for the long post.

Im gonna be harsher than the guy above me and say that if you aren't getting what you deserve financially, tipping culture shouldn't be the way to get you over the hump.

Let me preface this by saying I tip 20% MINIMUM everywhere that takes tips (that isn't like a ****in take out place or something). Cabs, delivery, MY BARBER etc.

You sound entitled as **** and are the exact type of person (expecting a tip always) I absolutely loathe tipping. A tip is an extra fee for good service. Now it's just something regular people have to pay because you're not compensated enough. You never stopped to ask yourself that if you're making 15/cut - who's fault is that? Is it yours for not asking for enough? Is it the owner charging too much for a chair? Is it a lack of frequent enough clients? No it must be that some people don't tip. Ridiculous. Also when you mention minimum wage - does it take you AN HOUR to do a mens hair cut? No? Then you make more than minimum wage.

I'd love to know where you cut hair so I could never go there.

Random question, but how much do you guys tip your barber?
My friend (Barber) cuts my hair but he's out of town.
So I'm planning on getting a haircut/fade near my house and they're charging $25.

This is a weird one for me.... my barber typically charges $50 for a cut.
But he's been heavily discounting my cut to $28, so I always tip him $12 to get him to $40.

I know I don't have to, but it makes for a nice barber who's willing to cut early in the AM's or super late in the evenings.

Was thinking the same thing. $15/cut = $30/hr at best (2 cuts an hour)... not getting that? Then maybe your cuts aren’t good enough.

Quick question, im looking to customize a pair of converse I got as a gift. Right now all I want to do is add a zipper to it and im too afraid to do it on my own. Does anyone know a place (even a decent shoe repair) that will do this for me, do a good job, and wont charge me more then $50-$60?

Random but how do you turn these thread notifications off lol. I keep deselecting it but keep getting emails.

Nice pick ups! I'm in the same boat. 33 y/o and I pretty much sold off all my Jordans within the last year or 2 and now all I have are AM1s. I feel as though older heads appreciate history > hype. I love chopping it up with older heads over a pair of AM1s vs random youngn's staring at your off-whites... kids' don't even say "nice shoes" anymore, they just stare....what's up with that?!

I get it when they are priced/paid lower to accommodate room for tipping, that makes sense. Especially to those who go above and beyond - I get that as well. But beyond that, it doesn't make any sense to me - am I the only one that thinks like this? haha
yeah, I made a list of shoes I can buy this year, that way, I won't be swayed by hype drops throughout the year.
I only listed 3 sneakers for the year and 1 dress shoe. Yeah, let that sink in for a bit...

I tip $5 usually, last Christmas when I had my cut on the 22nd I tipped $10.

I'm a barber and for all of you that say you don't tip...you honestly don't deserve to have a barber that goes above and beyond to make you fresh. If you feel tipping isn't necessary, then consistently giving you the best quality cut shouldn't be necessary either. The argument about them "getting tipped for doing their job" clearly makes you sound like a cheap little kid. That's completely ignorant and if you aren't in the industry...you shouldn't be talking. A lot of barbers make commission only and depend a lot on tips to help their hourly wages. Unless you're the owner of the shop...you're either paying rent on the chair or getting paid commission. If a cut is 25$, most shops will only be paying you $15 to do that cut. That's barely over minimum wage to do a job that requires skill and expertise. The general public also cannot tell what exactly goes into a "great haircut" vs one the China town barbers are giving so I guess comments like that are valid to those people.
I don't know that I can agree with this statement. North America is a weird place. Why go into an industry that doesn't pay well
and not be satisfied with the pay? I'm just thinking about the economic implication of this statement. I never tip my Uber driver but
I expect them to consistently keep me alive and drop me off my destination.

Coming from an actual barber, that's a heavy statement.

I tip $5 to my barber, but my cut only costs $15. If my cut costs me $25+ or whatever else you guys are paying, I probably wouldn't tip either. Find yourself a cheaper place to get a haircut. That's too pricey.

Random question, but how much do you guys tip your barber?
My friend (Barber) cuts my hair but he's out of town.
So I'm planning on getting a haircut/fade near my house and they're charging $25.

Just tip whatever you feel like tipping. There's no right or wrong here, more of a guilt trip on customers but to the servers perspective, it's part of their wage and service grading so it's normal for them to be defensive about it.

Norm was always 10% for acceptable service, if server/barber did anything beyond the norm then 15% or 20%. Head is bleeding? 0%. You can break the norm by paying 2%/6%/12%/16%...whatever. It's one of the worst things to quantify into as a grading system really.

If you don't feel like tipping, don't tip. You're only probably at that place one time til you friend comes back anyways. That barber won't/can't chase you down lol If you'll be a frequent returning customer, that's a difference story.

Last edited:
also, to put things into perspective, in Japan the minimum wage is not high and the cost of living is pricey specifically Tokyo.
Tipping is not allowed yet their service, both food and otherwise, was one of the best experience I've had.

Most of europe don't require tipping as well but I'm pretty sure they don't "lessen" the service they provide. In fact, restaurant
service here in Toronto is pretty SH*T compared to other places in the world and the audacity of some places to impose mandatory
18% tips for groups of 6 or more is INSANE. If you ever been to Japan, you know how impeccable service is.

101FCA0F-BD1E-4A24-9541-578C0BCCB11D.jpeg
At Walden saw these at FNL for $140 US - had my 9.5

Last edited:
Any local sightings of the react element 87s in volt pink Sz 11? Should have jumped on this colourway when it dropped. Let me know.

Also any react elements (55 or 87) show up at outlet?

anyone looking for supreme x stoney
still up on the stoney site. cheaper retail than supreme with free express ship

anyone looking for supreme x stoney
still up on the stoney site. cheaper retail than supreme with free express ship
They are opening a shop in Yorkville, so it will be a great way to avoid the taxes and duties for future releases. Hoodie comes out to around $430 after taxes and duties which is more than I would like to pay anyways.

They are opening a shop in Yorkville, so it will be a great way to avoid the taxes and duties for future releases. Hoodie comes out to around $430 after taxes and duties which is more than I would like to pay anyways.
that's way too much. wow. I'll be in Italy this summer, might hit up the Stoney outlets

Currently at Real sport Store. Started today and what you see is what they have left.

Attachments

• 275F5D49-A23D-4E60-84E0-5304B8E30FA0.jpeg
    275F5D49-A23D-4E60-84E0-5304B8E30FA0.jpeg
    304.3 KB · Views: 134
Back
Top Bottom