Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

I think to most Deadstock would be untouched and OG all. PADS would be what you have or near DS. With that said...most people embellish the condition on kijiji and facebook. So 9/10 is usually 7/10.

To the people who do Kijiji/facebook meets, how much of a stickler are you?

If a shoe is advertised as deadstock:
Do you care if the lacebags are detached?
Do you care if it is laced up?
Do you care if a shoe tree is missing?

I don't know how to feel about this, I mean, I have some DEADSTOCK shoes from the nike outlet that have been laced up, tried on, etc. But they are still brand new, they just got tried on at the store?

And let the controversy wars begin.

I mean, if its a year or so after release date, that shoe could have touched so many hands that it is hard to hope that box and everything is in immaculate condition... right?

Buyers that expect the lacebags to be attached, shoe to be laced up, shoe trees etc are HUMAN PARASITES. If the shoe is DS and was advertised as such thats all that matters IMO. In some situations where sneakers come with extra accessories I can understand being a stickler but even then you have to do your ground work and ask questions beforehand.

For example...a few years back I did a Kijiji meetup with a guy that was buying white/cement AJ 3s from 2011. When we met, he arrived with his cousins and together they made an issue about the missing jumpman hangtag/keychain. When I originally bought the shoe from Champs they didn't have the hangtag and I didn't care. At that point I didn't want to go back and forth so I packed the shoes back up and started to walk away. As I was walking the guys yelled for me to come back and they ended up taking the shoes.

Yeah. When they start haggling about something minor, just walk away. I had a buyer try to haggle me down on some Cool Grey XIs because he said the soles were "too yellow" to be DS even though he saw all of the pics. I said, "Well, i understand of you don't want to buy them then. That's cool". When I put them back in the box, he said "How about $20 off?" I just went "Nah. My price is firm" and put the box back in the bag. Dude said "Ok. Fine. I'm already here so I might as well!".

At that point, I seriously thought about calling the deal off because I didn't want to sell them to this chump. This is why I use StockX now. **** a meetup. Never worth it for me.

At that point, I seriously thought about calling the deal off because I didn't want to sell them to this chump. This is why I use StockX now. **** a meetup. Never worth it for me.

I've walked away from meetups without finishing the transaction because of stupid ****. One time I got close to doing something stupid to a buyer but realized it wasn't that serious and the last thing I wanted to do was cause a scene. I have zero tolerance for nonsense.

Last edited:
I've walked away from meetups without finishing the transaction because of stupid ****. One time I got close to doing something stupid to a buyer but realized it wasn't that serious and the last thing I wanted to do was cause a scene. I have zero tolerance for nonsense.

Oh man, had to sell all my Jordan 4s for student life rent and it's funny how I sold all of them for the price I bought them for AND THEY WERE IN WORSE CONDITION. Mists, Pures, Military's, White Lasers, 2011 breds, Tours AND Cool Grey's that I bought off a dude from Stolen Riches.

When I sold the cool greys to some kid he said they were fake and almost i walked away. I let the kid inspect them and FROM MY CUTTTTTTEYE I could see he was googling the barcode on the size tag hahahahha. I needed the money so I held my mouth closed. My last meetup ever

^ I've done so many meetups over the past 10 years and just recently I had quite possibly my worst meetup ever.

A buyer wanted to meet in a public place downtown, which is fine. I should've done more research on the location but I was running around that day. I don't mind public locations at all, but certain places where you're literally the center of attention and all eyes are watching you brings my anxiety up. I almost had a panic attack because I didn't feel comfortable in this place. Also being a black male added to the anxiety...there's just certain places I avoid so I don't encounter some of the things that come with being a minority. Again, my anxiety was high thinking that security or some form of authority would pop-up and start being nosey. And with my mouthy *** I could see that leading to trouble. To add to that, the buyer was taking his sweet time to inspect the shoes and kept going back to his phone for whatever reference he was using. No lie, the inspection took about 20 mins (felt like 30 mins but I'll say 20 to be safe). I just tried to be cordial and kept things 'professional' until he was satisfied.

Luckily I didn't breakdown and have a panic attack. Looking back at that meetup I wouldn't have done it or I would've just got up and told dude I don't have time for that long *** inspection. Even some of my friends I spoke to after, who are pretty big sellers in the city, couldn't understand why the buyer was taking so long. There's more details but I'll leave that out.

Buying/selling items is so common now that it doesn't really stick out. People are more interested in what you're selling rather than what you're actually doing.

Where'd the guy have you meet up? Sounds intense.... was it like a country club or church congregation??? haha Kudos to you for keeping cool. As a seller, I believe you have the right of way to choose the meet up location (in my opinion, for safe transactions, it should be in a public area -> inside a mall, inside a bank, etc...)

Back to the original post/question.... I believe everything should be as advertised. Full disclosure is ESSENTIAL to a smooth transaction. At the end of the day, it's the buyers duty and sellers duty to communicate properly and do their own homework IMO. It's the crooked folks (buyers and sellers included) that justify people's concerns during a meet up nowadays (i.e. fakes, swapping pictured shoes vs actual sold shoes, counterfeit money, grab and gos.... etc...)

I think everyone has their fair share of good/bad meetups.

But let's be clear here. The OG meaning of deadstock means "SOLD OUT" and no longer available on shelves. It's different now. However, deadstock should be "in it's original condition from the factory and NOT tried on". Anything otherwise should not be stated as "deadstock"....

All the stuff mentioned are the reasons why I don’t think it’s worth your time to lineup all night to resell and hope to get a $70 profit

DS should be as close to original/untouched as possible. there's no way to truly ensure your pair is straight from the factory and unaltered.

Also there's no way to ensure that an employee hasn't tried them before selling them which happens more often these days for the gram. As long as the shoes don't show any visible signs of wear (creases/dirt) and all accessories are still present that's a DS pair to me imo

To me, DS is the condition the shoe left the factory with aka unworn, including never being tried on and laces still tied, tissue still crispy. Anything else is UNDS. What people pass off as DS or VNDS or NDS these days are laughable but that’s the state of the game now.

To me, DS is the condition the shoe left the factory with aka unworn, including never being tried on and laces still tied, tissue still crispy. Anything else is UNDS. What people pass off as DS or VNDS or NDS these days are laughable but that’s the state of the game now.
but how do you determine that they haven't truly been tried on though? i do agree that a lot of ppl's definition of condition is questionable at best which is why i only define condition in two ways DS or Used. There's no in between

A decent indoor ball $9.99 at Dixie
hyper.jpg

nah. Whoever set this unrealistic expectation for DS kicks is insane and don't know anything.
we literally have no idea if it was worn in the factory by someone or at the store level. I used to
try on shoes all the time in the stockrooms.

To me as long as it didn't touch the floor being worn, I'm cool. This arbitrary "deadstockness" means
nothing in the grand scheme of things.

A decent indoor ball $9.99 at Dixie
hyper.jpg

Smh I got it for $45 at vm a while back and thought that was a must cop. It's a steal for 10. The grip is better than an evolution but it feels rubbery and thatll put some people off. I believe the discount is because it is no longer the ncaa game ball for nike schools, the championship ball is still better.

Valid points above but if it were to come from FL or other big store you can usually ask for a couple pairs in your size and decide which is the most DS/ least flawed of the bunch. I would only do this to get the best pair to wear not for resell purposes as well.

Valid points above but if it were to come from FL or other big store you can usually ask for a couple pairs in your size and decide which is the most DS/ least flawed of the bunch. I would only do this to get the best pair to wear not for resell purposes as well.
yeah, I do this from time to time depending on the on-hand pair's condition.
if something's not right I'm definitely swapping, always a good call.

yeah, I do this from time to time depending on the on-hand pair's condition.
if something's not right I'm definitely swapping, always a good call.

If the buyer cannot tell it's been tried on and believes it's still deadstock then that's on them and it doesn't hurt anyone.
If the seller tries on the shoes and advertises them as deadstock then that's not right IMO. Also..everyone has their own definition of "TRIED ON" as well (just slipping your foot into shoe vs Sean Go or S2DoubleU's on feet footage haha :tongue: ) I've seen Sean sell on Facebook groups and he advertises them as "Tried on or worn once", which is good on him...
If a factory worker or employee tries on the shoes and the seller doesn't know then the buyer most likely won't know considering the obvious signs of a worn/tried on shoe...

At the end of the day, it's not a deal breaker for me and everyone has their own standards.... it's the same for the definition of "GRAIL"....let's not get started on that... haha

Tbh, I don't really mind if someone advertises a shoe as DS, but they tried it on.
As long as it looks DS, and there aren't any obvious signs of wear, such as creasing, dirty bottoms, lint, tags removed, etc.
I'm not too picky, as long as they aren't overpricing the shoe/over-marking the value of the shoe.
Then again, it comes down to morals and principle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom