Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Anyone hit on the 4s today?

no. Snkrs put me in line for 5 minutes and then sold out. Livestock sold out after I solved the 2 captchas. Foot locker let me into the site after 30 minutes but blocked me after I added to cart

no. Snkrs put me in line for 5 minutes and then sold out. Livestock sold out after I solved the 2 captchas. Foot locker let me into the site after 30 minutes but blocked me after I added to cart

Damn. :smh:

Saw this in the news today.....

Mom is the general manager of Nike North America and her kid has a lucrative sneaker resale business? 🤔

Supposedly she is DIRECTLY TIED TO SNKRS and the whole shift towards using the app

PERHAPS WHY no one is hitting on these raffles????????????????????????????????

if shoe companies just switched to built to order for hyped releases, then we wouldn't have these problems and they'd make more money

if shoe companies just switched to built to order for hyped releases, then we wouldn't have these problems and they'd make more money
if anyone could get any shoe they wanted there wouldn't be anywhere near as much hype for the masses that want to buy them

ie nike could hypothetically see less sales as a result

Limiting hyped releases drives demand for all their other non-hyped releases, especially those releases that closely resemble a hyped release. How many of us in here have settled on buying versions of Nike sneakers that "look" like their hyped releases? I'm definitely guilty of doing this.
If everyone could get their hands on AJ1 High OG colourways (Banned, Chicago, Royal, Black Toe, etc) I highly doubt there would be as much demand for other AJ1 High non-OG colourways, and demand for their AJ1 mid/low models would probably be non-existent.

if anyone could get any shoe they wanted there wouldn't be anywhere near as much hype for the masses that want to buy them

ie nike could hypothetically see less sales as a result

maybe less sales but possibly more revenue as they don't have to sell their shoes to retailers for 1/2 the price.

How many of us in here have settled on buying versions of Nike sneakers that "look" like their hyped releases? I'm definitely guilty of doing this.

I definitely haven't especially in recent years when I saw how hard Nike and JB have been pulling that stunt. It's the reason why AJ 1 Mids in certain colourways are selling out fast.

With the Taupe 4s that came out last weekend I definitely wanted those because obviously its the closest thing to the Travis F&F pair, but those never released so I don't count those.

maybe less sales but possibly more revenue as they don't have to sell their shoes to retailers for 1/2 the price.
you're assuming
1. nike has the infrastructure to distribute at a scale as wide as their retail partners
2. nike is willing to take on the responsibility of unsold stock, which retailers are constantly marking down to just break even on having held onto it for so long
3. that retailers aren't already being strong armed into buying tons of non-limited stock to get access to limited stock

nike goes for the money and if they knew they could make more money selling all of their shoes themselves, i'm sure they would, but they don't

Saw this in the news today.....

Mom is the general manager of Nike North America and her kid has a lucrative sneaker resale business? 🤔

“Real g's move in silence like lasagna”. got exposed showing his financials which then revealed mommy's credit card. so mommy loses a high profile, cushy corporate job, plus a nice pension plan just so that lil-whatever-his name-is can chase some clout and make couple thousand bucks. fam def aint from da hoods

nike says they are against reselling etc, but how do we know they don't backdoor to places like stockx or stadium goods thru offshore shell companies. get profits on retail and resell. that's the only way stockx and stadium goods have such market valuations on them. we are talking sales of items that have no intrinsic value. just plastic, leather maybe, fabric and a cardboard box. a patek at least has some mechanical/jewel/precious metal parts on them to make it worthwhile

I still **** with Roshes. Only shoe you can wear without socks and not have to worry about them being smelly. And in the chance that they do, you just throw em in the washing machine. I also still wear them as a sign of protest against hypebeast culture.

The NMD craze was wild lol

This bubble will eventually pop and the cycle continues

Folks have been saying for the past decade that this current bubble will pop and there's been no signs of that. With platforms like SX and GOAT a part of the culture industry this is the new normal now.

Roshe's too. I couldn't wear them again after my wife said 'those look like girls shoes.' I just couldn't un-see it.

I like Roshes. I still have the 1 pair I bought, I didn't go all in on them like I did Flyknits which I still wear to this day. I wish Nike continued more with FKs instead of jumping ship so quick. And now depending on certain colourways, they go for $$$$ now.

Never got into the NMD craze, wasn't a fan. Ultraboosts I love and still love/wear. The adidas Yeezys I bought a lot of eventually sold them all. I have 2 DS pairs left that I'm waiting to get rid of.

Last edited:
The NMD craze was wild lol

This bubble will eventually pop and the cycle continues

remember when the OG NMD's came out (R1 Core Black/Lush Red)? cats was resellin' em for $600-700+ some colorways still selling for a premium but market aint huge for those thangs

this bubble will pop but not going down to pre-2015 levels, just likely consolidating and plateau. remember, raffles and hypebeastin' is a "norm" these days. walking into a store early on drop date to pick up a pair is not. there's a whole generation of kids who think that raffles and coppin' off secondary market is just daily routine - like puttin on a mask to go to school

Last edited:
remember when the OG NMD's came out (R1 Core Black/Lush Red)? cats was resellin' em for $600-700+ some
i remember ultraboosts reselling for higher. i always found that foolish considering it is a normal release item with a temporary shortage.

Jordans on the other hand hasn't missed a beat despite frequently re-releasing stuff. The sneaker scalping world doesn't upset me nearly as much as realtors'... "you are the lowest bidder you should put at least 200k over asking to buy this house...". ofc you want someone to overpay to boost your commission!

Back
Top Bottom