Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

how long you been a Cavs fan?

Since LeBron's first season. Moved to Toronto in 2003 and was kind of resentful because my fam forced me to come here. Loved basketball but where I lived, I could never really watch it live because of the timing and because I was 13, so never had a team. Saw LeBron play his first game and that was that. Though, because of the way he left Cleveland, I never supported him in Miami. If you look over my twitter, it's a ton of LeBron hate in those years, haha. All is forgiven now, and it seems like he's on his way out which is fine because I feel like he deserves a few more championships, which is not possible with Ty Lue as the head coach and Golden State on the other side.

It's kind of sad though, with as bad as their second halfs have been, they're still tied in the series and 3/4 Eastern conference series' are tied. And the only team to move forward so far is New Orleans...

Since LeBron's first season. Moved to Toronto in 2003 and was kind of resentful because my fam forced me to come here. Loved basketball but where I lived, I could never really watch it live because of the timing and because I was 13, so never had a team. Saw LeBron play his first game and that was that. Though, because of the way he left Cleveland, I never supported him in Miami. If you look over my twitter, it's a ton of LeBron hate in those years, haha. All is forgiven now, and it seems like he's on his way out which is fine because I feel like he deserves a few more championships, which is not possible with Ty Lue as the head coach and Golden State on the other side.

It's kind of sad though, with as bad as their second halfs have been, they're still tied in the series and 3/4 Eastern conference series' are tied. And the only team to move forward so far is New Orleans...
The 1 ring he brought home is honestly his biggest achievement and will always will be. The history behind everything
and even the caliber of their opponent... gold. He's definitely earned the right to do whatever he wants in his career at
this point.
Just watching this current Cleveland team is painful. Bron is setting EVERY SINGLE m*****er in the right spots to get good
shots and good opportunities and no one is responding. Only Korver is doing well and has been consistent when needed.
Love is playing like a G leaguer, if they win against Indy it would be a miracle. I hope they do though, so the Raps has the
opportunity to face the Cavs again.

Full truth. It's also not time to lose complete faith but last night, they completely reverted back to Derozan and Lowry ISO ball. Demar had 35 points and I would still say he had a bad game. Terrible FG percentage and he tossed the ball away carelessly on a number of possessions, then had horrendous shot selection down the stretch in the 4th quarter jacking up early 3s in the shot clock. Granted the refs were ****ed and had zero consistency the entire game but the Raptors also turned the ball over 18-19 times again tonight. What kind of friggin carelessness is that. I think they're averaging 16 or more turnovers for the whole series. Van Vleet also plays such an important role in getting the bench going by penetrating and kicking the ball out and also hitting 3s himself. We're definitely far weaker without him in the lineup and it's shown especially in these last two games where every shot hasn't been falling. We all know there's a huge angst among the Raptors fan base and it's obviously because they can never do anything the easy way ever. They blow opportunities and lack that killer instinct to get the job done and put teams away. This Wizards team is definitely not a typical 8 seed as well. Even the Timberwolves aren't and took 1 game from Houston, but Wall and Beal is a better back court than Derozan/Lowry. The difference as well is our so called "best bench in the league" has looked lost for the past two games on the road. Oh well...the series isn't over yet. Back to Toronto for Game 5 on Wednesday.

Raptors just need to take care of business at home. I am worried about them reverting to what they did seasons past, but I get it. Poeltl is +/- wise, the worst player in the playoffs so far. More importantly, your best player off the bench is injured/not returning for the rest of the playoffs apparently in Van Vleet. Wright, Powell, Miles, ect need to show up, so I get the starters having to pick it up. Your season has been so reliant on bench production that when it's not working, plan B is ISO. The young guys are kind of folding to the pressure, which you can slightly see happen in Cleveland with Hood especially. Nance to a degree as well.

RE: Refs, I think I'm seeing the same issue for the Cavs. I mean, Bojan is literally laying on LeBron every inbound and they're not calling anything. And it took them 20 minutes to finally realize that a headlock by Lance on Jeff Green was a foul. Both the Pacers and Wizards are also making some crazy shots.

Ultimately, I still feel like it's going to be a Toronto and Cleveland 2nd round, but you can tell the agenda of the refs/league is to draw out the series'. Hell, both teams had a double digit lead at half but the refs allowed the team that was down to play more physically and erase the lead. Meanwhile, the new golden boys of the East in Philadelphia have gotten all the benefit of the doubt calls, even though that series should be 2-2 as well (anyone who watched the game and isn't a Philly fan should know this is true). I like Embiid, but he gets away with more than any player not on the Warriors...

I'm getting a lot of heat from Raptors fans I know about the Cavs, but I think it's because they're just scared to play LeBron again, haha. Meanwhile I'm honestly just hoping whoever gets into the finals can just provide me with entertainment. The style of play from Cleveland has really killed my enjoyment of the game. It's been a weird playoffs...

The 1 ring he brought home is honestly his biggest achievement and will always will be. The history behind everything
and even the caliber of their opponent... gold. He's definitely earned the right to do whatever he wants in his career at
this point.
Just watching this current Cleveland team is painful. Bron is setting EVERY SINGLE m*****er in the right spots to get good
shots and good opportunities and no one is responding. Only Korver is doing well and has been consistent when needed.
Love is playing like a G leaguer, if they win against Indy it would be a miracle. I hope they do though, so the Raps has the
opportunity to face the Cavs again.

I count that as 2 rings, haha. Coming back against the best regular season team in the history of basketball from down 3-1. But after that point, the Cavs as a team regressed completely, especially their defense. While largely having the same team, if not better.

Yup, it's sad that Love can't play at the level he did in November, but the coaching has a lot of blame here. I'm not sure why they're going with Love at the center because it just means he needs to play physical on both ends. And as an injury prone guy myself, he's probably hesitant constantly. Like if you look at last night as an example - Love got into early foul trouble so they put Tristan out there. The Pacers had a hard time getting layups for most of the first half. Nance also got a lot of minutes in the first half. Love barely played, I think he got 12 minutes. Then in the third quarter... LeBron, Love, JR and Korver played the entire 12 minutes. Indiana basically got whatever shot they wanted. Love having to play as a rim protector and in a center/point guard pick and roll against both guys who can shoot is a recipe for disaster. If they start Nance or Tristan, I can basically put money on the Cavs winning the rest of the way. Love is not a center and Lue is basically banking on him playing like he did November. Months before his multiple injuries. The fact that every player has regressed when being coached by the Cavs is just proof, whether LeBron stays or leaves, he needs to go.

I've said this time and time again, LeBron needs to leave Cleveland. Ownership is basura.

I think Gilbert is doing whatever he can. It just seems like teams don't want to deal with the Cavs. They had a trade basically set for Love/Paul George which Indiana rejected at the end. Obviously it seems like they made the right decision but at the time it wasn't great. And the Cavs desperately need a guy who can create his own shot. It was going to be Kyrie and Love out for George, Bledsoe and a few other pieces. Having that team which could take a lot more of the load offensively and defensively off LeBron's shoulder would have been a game changer. Similarly, people were saying the Cavs should have traded the Nets' pick. I was totally down for it, but the only guy available was Deandre Jordan, who is not a game changer against any of the teams in the West, and wouldn't be better than the 8th pick in a stacked draft. I think Kevin Durant going to the Warriors was what really wrecked LeBron's championship window and ability. So now he has to go to a team to make it better instead of trying to build chemistry while hoping the Cavs can make trades since they are severely over the cap. Which is partially his fault for getting Tristan and JR Smith paid. Heck, the Cavs traded expiring contracts for George Hill, who is being paid 20 million this season and next season. Luckily, it turns into a $1 million contract after next season, so it's a trade chip next deadline should LeBron stay on the team.

It's tough to be any team in the league and have to go up against a healthy Warriors team. Fingers crossed that won't be a thing though...

A lot of solid and true points brought up there kookoo89 kookoo89 and that's why I was saying that the Cavs and Raptors are in very similar predicaments. Even though the Raptors were the number 1 seed...I think we all knew that the Cavs are still the favourite because until you beat Lebron and his team, nothing was ever guaranteed. As it sits now...both series are best of 3 and will go a minimum of 6 games. Obviously you can't always take the media and analysts literally but everyone had both of these series as 5 games pretty much tops and in favour of Toronto and Cleveland. Credit is due to Indiana and Washington for making dog fights out of both. The funny thing though is also how polarizing one day to the next can be. Even with the trash decision making and poor play down the stretch yesterday...if the Raptors had won that game and pulled out the 3-1 series lead, it would be all good and the fan base would be rejoicing today after a very suspect performance. Similarly with the Cavs...if they lost yesterday and went down 3-1, it would be completely doom and gloom. It's what the coaches and staff are going to say but all that can be done is to take things a game at a time and do the things to put your team in a position to win. After the first two games of this series, it was "oh this culture reset is working and they are winning as a team", then in the span of these two last weekend games...it's now "the Raptors are back as the same choking team".

A lot of solid and true points brought up there kookoo89 kookoo89 and that's why I was saying that the Cavs and Raptors are in very similar predicaments. Even though the Raptors were the number 1 seed...I think we all knew that the Cavs are still the favourite because until you beat Lebron and his team, nothing was ever guaranteed. As it sits now...both series are best of 3 and will go a minimum of 6 games. Obviously you can't always take the media and analysts literally but everyone had both of these series as 5 games pretty much tops and in favour of Toronto and Cleveland. Credit is due to Indiana and Washington for making dog fights out of both. The funny thing though is also how polarizing one day to the next can be. Even with the trash decision making and poor play down the stretch yesterday...if the Raptors had won that game and pulled out the 3-1 series lead, it would be all good and the fan base would be rejoicing today after a very suspect performance. Similarly with the Cavs...if they lost yesterday and went down 3-1, it would be completely doom and gloom. It's what the coaches and staff are going to say but all that can be done is to take things a game at a time and do the things to put your team in a position to win. After the first two games of this series, it was "oh this culture reset is working and they are winning as a team", then in the span of these two last weekend games...it's now "the Raptors are back as the same choking team".

For sure, especially regarding your last point. I personally, as a fan of basketball in general, didn't want to see it revert but it has to happen if the guys aren't making shots. Whether an adjustment works or not, the important part of coaching is to make them when necessary. For Toronto, they're lucky to have HCA unless they play Houston. And they have been one of the, if not, the best team at home this season. So I suspect that to pick up.

For Cleveland, the unfortunate aspect is that all season long, I've been saying "when the playoff rolls around, the Cavs will turn it up defensively". Though it looks that way, holding Indiana to 100 points or less for each game this series, it looks to be super taxing on them offensively because there are times guys can't buy WIDE OPEN shots. If it wasn't for Korver, the Cavs would likely be down 3-1. So to be honest, I still don't feel as good about the Cavs as I do about the Raptors. I think we're going to win the series, but playing Toronto in Toronto is one of the hardest things to do. The only solace is LeBron having the mental edge.

https://www.containerstore.com/s/mens-drop-front-shoe-box/d?productId=11006294&q=shoe box

Anyone in here ever buy these? If you did what was shipping costs like?
Or is there any place here in Toronto where i can get these

Yes, I've bought many. The shipping costs will be calculated at checkout. Works out to be about $15/box when on sale. As for locally, solutions carries them but I think they only carry the new version and they look a bit different.

Apparently IKEA is getting into the sneaker/streetwear game as well. They'll have their own shoebox line, in May.

http://www.complex.com/style/2018/04/stampd-ikea-collab-collection-streetwear-furniture

I was actually dreading an event like this after seeing the news last year in NYC times square, and in London.

I thought there would be more copycat events, so for a long while I was crazy paranoid walking around where I work (yonge and bloor).

RIP to those that lost their lives today, and that cop should get a medal, took him down single handed. If this was in america this clown would have been riddled with bullet holes.

Back
Top Bottom