Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

NMD's probably have to be one of my worst purchases to date. I'm glad I got them for under $100 in a good cw, but that was my first lesson on how to not give in to hype/

Even their roshe's were marked up specifically just for the 30% friends and family.

If you want the calypso's, Nike Burloak has them with full boxes for a cheaper price.

That said - what was everyone's damage during F&F?

I got just some socks (2 for 25) package, and some nice nike running pants. I am liking Nike Running pants more than tech fleece ones as of late..

I was able to use the screen shot of the coupon and didn't really grab that much. Kept it under $100 and grabbed some track pants and the Nike Air VRTZ in the grey/blue/sail/orange color way. Originally I wanted the above FK Trainers but on foot the VRTZ felt better and looked better imo.

NMD's probably have to be one of my worst purchases to date. I'm glad I got them for under $100 in a good cw, but that was my first lesson on how to not give in to hype/
yeah I got 2 pairs years back, I realized putting them on feet that they were actually not comfortable at all.
Traded both for white OVO 10s which I traded for Chicago 1s.

Gotta turn your Ls into Dubs fam.

false.

the NMDs were packaged as the next flagship lifestyle shoe coming off the Ultra Boost success
as well as the Yeezy line.

The Roshe Run was designed as a low key budget model that wasn't marketed at all. It had a solarsoft
insole, that's it. It's basically a sandal but it saw immense success and gained a cult following.

LMAO, you're taking the comparison too detailed.

I replied in terms of wave... As in trend

Roshe had its hype...in its peak you can't find pair and OG colors were selling for an arm and a leg.

NMDs had the same trend... Their first few releases had good resale and also to the extent of no pairs can be found at shops.

But with both market saturation, both models came crashing down.

So yes, I still stand on my opinion that Roshes and NMD shared the up and downs.

You may have a different opinion but that's my opinion.

CB95B5E6-ED7F-4D48-969B-43888F6C61A5.gif

LMAO, you're taking the comparison too detailed.

I replied in terms of wave... As in trend

Roshe had its hype...in its peak you can't find pair and OG colors were selling for an arm and a leg.

NMDs had the same trend... Their first few releases had good resale and also to the extent of no pairs can be found at shops.

But with both market saturation, both models came crashing down.

So yes, I still stand on my opinion that Roshes and NMD shared the up and downs.

You may have a different opinion but that's my opinion.
Just wanted to highlight the fact that the NMD's success was fabricated and intentional so its downfall was way way
worse. Just a bad plan altogether by Adidas.
Roshe success on the other hand was lightning in a bottle. The fact that it moved units and really took over the sneaker
scene for a bit was just cherry on top. I was one of the few that was on it when it first dropped, that was a good time in
sneakers.

I agree with both of your assessments. Roshes were not really marketed through hype and did not have a high price tag or super limited runs. NMDs and also ultraboosts really took off after Kanye switched over. Once adidas realized they had an opportunity, they started dropping a few more colours but production numbers were still a bit limited and that combined with hype led to sell outs and strong resale market. High production run, fading hype, too many colours lead to lowering of interest to what we see today. With the hype factor, there is always something new to seek - now I feel like it's the off white line which took away from the adidas hype as well. I just wish they would dramatically increase the quantity of the jordan 1s banned lol. I can't pay $500 resale for a $200 shoe man.

500? try 700... I've been on a hunt for a second pair but prices have been insane. trying to grab black toes and breds to stock up and I'm even
trading in their favor- still nothing.

Line up outside the new FA at Fairview. Saw a bunch of Asian kids with multiple bags of J1s. Asked one of them and he said it’s mostly Spider-Mans, Turbos, and ROTYs.

A buddy of mine waited since 5 A.M to get his ROTY at FA Fairview and the associate ended up selling them to someone else even though they were behind the register for him. Always remember to give your name and ask them to write it down on the box!

Back
Top Bottom