Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

A decent indoor ball $9.99 at Dixie
hyper.jpg

Made a call to check stock before heading out. Apparently sold out :frown:

Been having pretty good luck selling on kijiji the last couple of transactions. The customers have been paying my BIN price and willing to meet where I wanted which is public places that are either really close to my work or my home. IMO as a seller you should provide full disclosure, saves everyone time. I'm not arranging meetups for a potential walk away scenario.

Tbh, I don't really mind if someone advertises a shoe as DS, but they tried it on.
As long as it looks DS, and they're any obvious signs of wear, such as creasing, dirty bottoms, lint, tags removed, etc.
I'm not too picky, as long as they aren't overpricing the shoe/over-marking the value of the shoe.
Then again, it comes down to morals and principle.
yeah I don't care about "factory lacing" either. Not only is that ridiculous, I believe this trend
was started by youngins who know nothing about shoes.

I just stick to eBay for selling these days. Fees are high but exposure is good and I'd rather just drop my stuff off at the post office instead of meeting up with a stranger

I went to halton today because of my good luck with nikelab stuff at vmills - they had even more stuff there. The pink jacket (actually kinda cool but not for me), pink vest, tech style olive coat, white shorts, camo shorts, double layered white tee, white tech sweatshirt, camo jacket, white leggings/long underwear all pretty well priced (+30% off). They didn't have any of the printed short sleeve shirts/shorts that were floating around clearance at vmills.

I ended up getting the camo jacket (https://www.nike.com/ca/t/nikelab-collection-jacket-926L1z) because it fell into stupid cheap territory once again. like that **** was 63 bucks including tax - that's absurd. I'll buy nikelab all day at those prices.

only looked at shoes quick but it looked like more than a FSR of the b grade melos (higher price than vmills though), FSR of the mint XIs (249 though, which feels way too high) and a **** load of vapormax ~170-180

Last edited:
I went to halton today because of my good luck with nikelab stuff at vmills - they had even more stuff there. The pink jacket (actually kinda cool but not for me), pink vest, tech style olive coat, white shorts, camo shorts, double layered white tee, white tech sweatshirt, camo jacket, white leggings/long underwear all pretty well priced (+30% off). They didn't have any of the printed short sleeve shirts/shorts that were floating around clearance at vmills.

I ended up getting the camo jacket (https://www.nike.com/ca/t/nikelab-collection-jacket-926L1z) because it fell into stupid cheap territory once again. like that **** was 63 bucks including tax - that's absurd. I'll buy nikelab all day at those prices.

only looked at shoes quick but it looked like more than a FSR of the b grade melos (higher price than vmills though), FSR of the mint XIs (249 though, which feels way too high) and a **** load of vapormax ~170-180

Some shoe updates from Halton here on IG:
https://www.instagram.com/sickickschik/p/BvNtuVaFx37/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=12u7eu4nouc3q

Seems like lots of air maxes at the outlets for Airmax month

two people may consider DS as two different things but if the shoe has been tried on then you have to advertise that it's been tried on. If you don't have the box, tags or extra laces then you should be clear on that.

I just bought a pair of 1's off a kid who was advertising them as DS never tried on and the pics showed a great condition with the laces tied up. So I already know he took his instagram shot and he thinks they're still DS (even though to me they're not). But he's selling for steal price so I meet. At the meet I was curious about the insoles cause it was the one photo he didn't really take. The insole has pet hair, dirt, and what looks like tobacco residue. He's also missing the inserts. So at this point I'm a little disappointed but the price is still decent and I know I can lint roller that stuff off. I decide that I'll walk if he lies but buy if he's honest. I ask if he's tried on the shoes and he pauses for a second, then says "yeah I put them on once to take some photos". I gave an old man sigh of relief that there are still honest kids in this world even if he did redeem himself late.

I gotta agree with those that don't like meet ups. Most of the time, they're nerve racking and awkward. One of you is worried about your shoes getting jacked and the other is worried about getting money robbed. And both are worried about being scammed. I may have to try this ebay thing. lol

I don't really care about having something truly DS (wear all my shoes, rarely keep anything on ice) but one thing that pisses me off is when it's a new release (we're talking same weekend here) and someone is selling shoes "DS" that look unlaced/tried on/whatever. Like what the **** were you doing for the 24 hours you had these shoes, trying them on/taking pics/fake flexing? Now you want me to pay full resale for them? get ****ed.

If we're talking months later there are a lot of factors that could go into making something not as "deadstock", so I obviously take that into consideration.

I'm a really OLD sneakerhead and this discussion regarding buying and selling sneakers through kijiji, ebay, etc. is really fascinating to me. I've never bought a resell sneaker (retail or bust for me) nor have i ever sold a pair of sneakers. I'm clearly out of touch with what goes on in the sneaker world these days!

I'd use stockx but they want $20 for shipping and 9% fees, I wouldn't be able to break even on the shoes I'm selling

I'm a really OLD sneakerhead and this discussion regarding buying and selling sneakers through kijiji, ebay, etc. is really fascinating to me. I've never bought a resell sneaker (retail or bust for me) nor have i ever sold a pair of sneakers. I'm clearly out of touch with what goes on in the sneaker world these days!

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? Ebay has been around for a long while at the very least. That was basically the reference to see how much a sneaker was re-selling for before stockx came around. But I'm in the same boat as far as buying philosphy, if I can't get it retail I won't buy it. But with the 15-20% off code that have popped up lately I can basically buy older releases that will end up being the same price as if I had paid retail after discount, so I use that logic nowadays lol.

Go back in the cave brother...it's not a pretty world.

Resellers call it "putting in work". My lord.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? Ebay has been around for a long while at the very least. That was basically the reference to see how much a sneaker was re-selling for before stockx came around. But I'm in the same boat as far as buying philosphy, if I can't get it retail I won't buy it. But with the 15-20% off code that have popped up lately I can basically buy older releases that will end up being the same price as if I had paid retail after discount, so I use that logic nowadays lol.

I just turned 40. To further clarify, i have sold things like electronics and furniture on Kijiji and i find that a big pain in the ***. I can only imagine the ridiculousness that arrises with selling and buying sneakers.

two people may consider DS as two different things but if the shoe has been tried on then you have to advertise that it's been tried on. If you don't have the box, tags or extra laces then you should be clear on that.

I just bought a pair of 1's off a kid who was advertising them as DS never tried on and the pics showed a great condition with the laces tied up. So I already know he took his instagram shot and he thinks they're still DS (even though to me they're not). But he's selling for steal price so I meet. At the meet I was curious about the insoles cause it was the one photo he didn't really take. The insole has pet hair, dirt, and what looks like tobacco residue. He's also missing the inserts. So at this point I'm a little disappointed but the price is still decent and I know I can lint roller that stuff off. I decide that I'll walk if he lies but buy if he's honest. I ask if he's tried on the shoes and he pauses for a second, then says "yeah I put them on once to take some photos". I gave an old man sigh of relief that there are still honest kids in this world even if he did redeem himself late.

I gotta agree with those that don't like meet ups. Most of the time, they're nerve racking and awkward. One of you is worried about your shoes getting jacked and the other is worried about getting money robbed. And both are worried about being scammed. I may have to try this ebay thing. lol
I FEEL YOU ON THIS SIR.

met up with this kid's father (yep, it's one of those) at STC and we're trading my good condition Black 500s for his
Supreme hoodie. He described it as good condition and no issues.
guess what...
Hoodie had a big oil stain near the chest embroidery and the hoodie was basically destroyed. LMFAO what a DWEEB.

yeah I used to only do retail. but about 10 years ago I started acquiring stuff through eBay and around
2011-2012 heavy on local Facebook groups. Now I do a lot of transactions through Grailed, Kijiji and eBay.

Nothing interesting or good at Dixie Outlet. Was looking for these Nike track pants @ferndaburn got recently but they're sold out. :smh:

Was going to hit Vaughn Mills but that traffic is too crazy. May still go tomorrow early.

Back
Top Bottom