Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

literally just 7 years ago or so no one touches 1s.

AT ALL.

Styles cycle though. Remember when Ultra Boosts were the big thing? Same with Yeezys, though they're making a slight comeback. I think Jordan 1s have been the most consistent if you consider they've been around 34 years... I don't think any other silhouette has had the same level of popularity. I'm sure it's going to fade away in 2021 and make a comeback in 2025.

Styles cycle though. Remember when Ultra Boosts were the big thing? Same with Yeezys, though they're making a slight comeback. I think Jordan 1s have been the most consistent if you consider they've been around 34 years... I don't think any other silhouette has had the same level of popularity. I'm sure it's going to fade away in 2021 and make a comeback in 2025.

I remember so many people had the "Jordan 1's just look like Nike Dunks" mentality..

And now...? Jheeeeeeezzzzeeee

Nike.ca hasn't released anything good outside of the SB x Jordan lows and the Clot.

It doesn’t seem like this is a limited release though? Looks like every other spot is getting them so it’s a little odd they’re not on the site.

I remember so many people had the "Jordan 1's just look like Nike Dunks" mentality..

This is true. I do think part of it was the Off-White collab. I don't know if any of these pairs would be reselling to this level. But it's been for a while now. I think the funniest part of all of this is how poor similar colourways of the mids and lows are doing just because of the difference in the tag at the front.

It doesn’t seem like this is a limited release though? Looks like every other spot is getting them so it’s a little odd they’re not on the site.

Any Jordan 1 OG high is going to be hyped enough to sell out though. It seems as though Nike Canada just doesn't put anything likely to sell out on the site 90% of the time. And they even pull shoes off the site if they're too hyped sometimes...

AT ALL.

A bit earlier than that I think, but your point still stands. The bulls/Celtics pack sat forever, svp had to split them up for like $80 each. I still remember seeing the Royal 2 at svp for $50 in 03 and nobody wanted that

Sheep would just be swayed by whatever is hot. I've always loved 1s and the advantage of that is,
I already have the pairs that I want. I remember settling for 2013 Chicagos and getting bad blisters lmao.
Could never afford 01 royals/breds either.

A bit earlier than that I think, but your point still stands. The bulls/Celtics pack sat forever, svp had to split them up for like $80 each. I still remember seeing the Royal 2 at svp for $50 in 03 and nobody wanted that
I can confirm this, heck even Manila had the packs in big malls sitting at 50% off.
They didn't have my size so I had to pass but all's good. Crazy how time's changed.

Bringing back memories, remember seeing them at sitting at SVP at yorkgate for the longest time when I was in middle school.

This is true. I do think part of it was the Off-White collab. I don't know if any of these pairs would be reselling to this level. But it's been for a while now. I think the funniest part of all of this is how poor similar colourways of the mids and lows are doing just because of the difference in the tag at the front.

I feel like this hype on Jordan 1s really started with Kanye around 2012 with him wearing the breds and royals, and resell of breds and royals skyrocketing around that time. The hype did die down a bit when Kanye went to adidas, but has really gotten worst since the Off White collection released.

I think part of it is also Stockx, GOAT, ect which basically give everyone a baseline for hype based off value. Though there used to be a general idea of how much sneakers were worth, we weren't able to put a real time value on shoes until now. Which in my opinion, though has made selling shoes easier and less dangerous, has made the entire game wayyyy more convoluted. And because it's global, the market can be affected by areas that haven't even got the shoes...

AT ALL.

I'd say more 9 years ago. The 1s hype started to bubble IMO when the likes of Kanye, Frank Ocean, Virgil etc were wearing them 2010/2011. The REAL Banned 1s with the X and the hype/resell on those added to it. All of that created the anticipation and thirst that started with the Royal retro in 2013. Since then its been a mess as social media blew up. The simplicity and versatility of the shoe also played a part making all ages young and old wanting a pair.

I believe this is the longest stretch (6 years) JB has gone producing and retroing a model.

I actually stopped wearing AJ 1s for the past 3-4 years. Got annoyed with the constant drops and everyone in 1s looking the same. There was a time '01 Breds were my go-to everyday sneaker from 2007-2013. I recently obtained an AJ 1 "grail" so I started wearing them.

Yup.

And like a few mentioned earlier I remember when that DMP pack was sitting in stores and on-sale forever.

yeah kinda hurts my eyes when seeing all the Jordan 1s all over the city and on social media.
But it's literally my favorite shoe, and not a lot of people got Chicagos anyway...
People go for Travis and Off Whites and the random OG drops and packs they do.
For me as long as you go OG colorways it's never a bad look.

I also recall the bulls/celtics packs sitting for a while. My favourite pack in recent years was in 2012 with the GMP 6/7 pack. Both shoes were fresh.

I can confirm this, heck even Manila had the packs in big malls sitting at 50% off.
They didn't have my size so I had to pass but all's good. Crazy how time's changed.

Hey Man, you from PH? I remember lining up at Nike BGC for the 2013 Royals and AJ 3 Joker Release and people were passing on the royals to get the 3. lmao

Never really could discriminated dunk high from 1s, for me growing up that big swoosh shared between 1s,dunk high and blazers and af1 symbolized that japanese vintage look.
As long as its sport team bank looking colorblocking i am all for,put them back on nike id with primary colors with none of those earth tone none sense i would have a field day, but then again i m stucked in the late 90s

Q do you remember if i worn 1s or dunk in nt summit2 with my auth mj i dont have old pics anymore. Or did i wear 1 and then switched to dunk when we balled?

Hey Man, you from PH? I remember lining up at Nike BGC for the 2013 Royals and AJ 3 Joker Release and people were passing on the royals to get the 3. lmao
tsinelas boys what's good. Yeah people had no idea what royals were, meanwhile resell was at $450 in the US.

Back
Top Bottom