Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Went across the border to pick up my packages at my mailbox this past weekend. Was missing a pair of shoes (Black Yeezy NR) from Footlocker US. Staff advised me some lady name Janet H. picked up this package on Dec 6th, it arrived at my mailbox Dec 4th. I did not authorize this person nor do I know any Janets. I asked why they released my package to her when the package was under my name. The response was she came in with either your mailbox number or the tracking number, not sure how she would have gotten either. Their policy is that if you are picking up packages under someone else's name, you need written confirmation from that person (me) which I did not provide. That lady only picked up that 1 pair of shoes and nothing else. The manager was really nice and advised that they will look through their cameras to identify her as they issue receipts with a timestamp and will try to retrieve my shoes back. He told me that they would reimburse me, but im hoping market value and not retail value. At the end of the day, they did not follow their own policy and allowed someone to pick up my package and did not question that person. Just a heads up to everyone. First time this has happened.

Damn, sorry to hear. Hopefully the situation gets resolved with a full refund at least. Was this usaddyinc? because that's where I usually get mine shipped to.

P.S. anyone try those services which charge a bit more but will deliver the package directly to your canadian address?

Yeah for the most part, I believe you'll get hit at customs anyways like asiatic204 asiatic204 said. I remember once trying it with M&N and I still got hit. There's another re-shipping service that actually will let you decide how much to declare etc to avoid this, I have to ask a friend the name of the service.

Passed by Dixie at lunch - men’s and women’s shoes still 20% off - nothing worth mentioning - had some of these tech pack pants - green/white for $29.99 and black/white for $49.99:

Attachments

• A02D6AF6-5B16-4DF2-8DD1-708F154626CF.jpeg
    A02D6AF6-5B16-4DF2-8DD1-708F154626CF.jpeg
    284.2 KB · Views: 3,034
Anyone know where to get round white laces like the Concord 11’s? I’ve checked all the sneakers store, Shoppers and shoe repair shops with no luck.

outdoorsy shops are ya best bet, look more into utility ROPE laces that are not meant solely for sneakers . its just needs to be the same thickness

The woman that took my shoes from my mailbox

Im assuming she lives in Niagara region. They were Black Non Reflective in sz 11.5. Still working it out with mailbox to find a resolution

That's messed up. The things people would do to make a quick buck.

I hope they find a resolution that works in your favour.

Im assuming she lives in Niagara region. They were Black Non Reflective in sz 11.5. Still working it out with mailbox to find a resolution

this is strange

how would she know your shipment has something good?

you should reset your passwords.

It baffles me how this mailbox company could just let anyone touch a package without checking the name of the person picking up matching with the name printed on the package.

Either someone hacked into your emails and they have details to your tracking....or whichever online retailer you bought it from gassed out from the holidays and sent them shipping emails to the wrong person.....coincidentally to a person close to your mailbox too....what are the chances?

Anyone sell via eBay recently? I read somewhere about no seller fees for “sneakers” that sell for more than $100 - US I assume? Does this apply for Canada as well?

It baffles me how this mailbox company could just let anyone touch a package without checking the name of the person picking up matching with the name printed on the package.

Either someone hacked into your emails and they have details to your tracking....or whichever online retailer you bought it from gassed out from the holidays and sent them shipping emails to the wrong person.....coincidentally to a person close to your mailbox too....what are the chances?
Ya, don't they always ask for IDs?

I go to CBI, and every time they've asked me for ID so seeing this is really unfortunate.

They usually don't allow anyone else to pick up unless you email them beforehand with the name of the person who'll be picking up for you.

Any idea how it could have happened? Maybe check your sent folder to see if they were emailed. Maybe your account was compromised without you knowing? I'm puzzled.

I've never been asked for ID when I go, but I do provide them with my mailbox number. I've emailed them in the past about someone else coming to pick up on my behalf. I usually provide name and the tracking number of the packages.

This lady must have gotten a hold of my tracking number, otherwise had she known my mailbox number, I'd be out 7 pairs of shoes and not 1 pair. I have no idea how she would have gotten my tracking number, but I would still expect a level of protection/due diligence on CBI's part to match name on the package to that of the person.

Thats wild brother. Hope you are refunded.

How did this woman know those particular shoes were in your mailbox?

By the way she acted (e.g. open yeezy box, checked packing slip twice, sliding the slip into the box, petting the dog, taking her sweet time), it doesn't look like she went in and determined to steal your package. However, I speculate that she helped someone pick up the package, CBI messed up giving her yours, and probably that person decided to keep it.

hope you find your shoes or get compensated

She picked up a package that was clearly not addressed to her, so i believe she did have every intention of stealing the package, whether it was for her or someone else. Regardless of her intention, CBI also failed me.

By the way she acted (e.g. open yeezy box, checked packing slip twice, sliding the slip into the box, petting the dog, taking her sweet time), it doesn't look like she went in and determined to steal your package. However, I speculate that she helped someone pick up the package, CBI messed up giving her yours, and probably that person decided to keep it.

hope you find your shoes or get compensated

lol i was thinking the same thing.... the limping dog got me

Anyone sell via eBay recently? I read somewhere about no seller fees for “sneakers” that sell for more than $100 - US I assume? Does this apply for Canada as well?

Haven't tried yet, or I am trying but no one has bought from me yet :smile:
I've listed it on ebay.com though with USD pricing just to be safer though. In the past I've always listed on ebay.com and didn't even know there was a difference until a few weeks back when they told me I didn't qualify for that $50 coupon since I posted on ebay.com.

Guess my app has settings set to USA instead of Canada.

Back
Top Bottom