Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

This new wave are not sneakerheads, these people are clout chasers and resellers looking for validation from random people online.

99% are resellers and IG posers. My 15 year old is so brainwashed that he thinks paying 275+tax for a pair of GR dunks is “a good price” I told him once upon a time dunks and AJ 1s sat On clearance racks for years.

I remember taking a trip to Birch Run outlets in Michigan in 02 (US outlet trips were a thing back then since we didn’t have any outlets here) and seeing the AJ 1 bred and royals there for 59.99 usd and the AJ 17s for 109.99. Doubled up on the 17s since they were 250+tax here. Ended up selling that both pairs of 17s for 500 each when I cleaned out my Jordan collection.

#TeamRetailOrBust
#TeamSaleOrBust
#TeamClearanceOrBust

Knowing Nike’s process of manufacturing hype, they’ll retro in a couple years again anyways so it’s no big loss at all.

There was an IG post about the Nike bot problem and somebody said “if they made more of the shoe, people would want them less” **** had me dying LOL. People who want them will be able to get them, how that’s bad baffles me.

Can say the same thing about Jordans. I remember they used to rot on shelves and then I would cop on FL employee 50 days.

Blame the Last Dance for that one. Lol. Again, it’s just people following trends. The sooner people stop paying resellers, the sooner this bubble pops and us old folks can go back to buying what we like.

I tried copping the Georgetown 3s this
It's retail or less for me. If I can't get em at that then I don't need em.

Yup. This has been my mantra for the past 20 years or so. Lol. Only time I’ve ever bought from a reseller was back in 2001 (bought a slightly used pair of black 4s off ebay) and last year, when I copped the Tatum PE XXXIV off StockX (couldn’t find a spot in Canada), and even then, I pretty much paid retail for the latter.

Stop paying resellers and everything goes back to normal. Either that
#TeamRetailOrBust
#TeamSaleOrBust
#TeamClearanceOrBust

Knowing Nike’s process of manufacturing hype, they’ll retro in a couple years again anyways so it’s no big loss at all.

There was an IG post about the Nike bot problem and somebody said “if they made more of the shoe, people would want them less” **** had me dying LOL. People who want them will be able to get them, how that’s bad baffles me.

Lol at dudes paying resellers $300 for Roshes, only to have them retro 6-7 months later. Also reminds me of when people were also paying +$300 for Flyknit Racers in 2015-16 even though they sat in 2012. And when Nike started pumping them out again, everyone started ignoring them. The new sneaker heads are fans of hype, not the shoes itself. It is hilarious.

Lol at dudes paying resellers $300 for Roshes, only to have them retro 6-7 months later. Also reminds me of when people were also paying +$300 for Flyknit Racers in 2015-16 even though they sat in 2012. And when Nike started pumping them out again, everyone started ignoring them. The new sneaker heads are fans of hype, not the shoes itself. It is hilarious.

Can't lie, I made a grip off my Calypso Roshe's only for the announcement to hit that they were retroing about a week or two after I sold them.

ATHLETES WORLD always had em hahah geeze or was it BATA SHOES
Yo, the Bata Shoes/Athletes World Nike Store > Current Nike Store.

I remember that run they had from around 96-2001, the marketing setups for Flightposite 1, Flightposite 2, Jordan Brand, Shox, Air Maxes. Or the old Nike Store on bloor.

The new Nike Stores are so generic and boring. Barely any cool gear.

Went to dixie at opening, and it was a total mess. Had to line up outside of the mall prior to 11, and then at 11 they let us in and people starting rushing towards the entrance. Wasn’t much inside, a bunch of the black raptors cw of the bb4 for $80, and the rest were random shoes. They had camo tech fleece pants for $60. NBA jerseys of Blake griffin (det) and other traded players/blanks for $60. Select tees 2/$30, jackets $60, and other jackets for 20% off tagged price. A few sample shoes for $40 (trust me, they’re trash), and some sample shirts/sweaters/pants for $25 (some okay stuff but large only).

I say don’t waste your time going. I got there at 10 and entered the store around 12.
They also opened an adidas/rbk across from nike but I didn’t feel like lining ip

Anyone been to Vaughn Mills lately? Thinking about trekking up there soon looking for the recraft AM90s in the blue, volt, or orange colourway

Was at TPO on Sunday which pretty much sums up the current state of this half assed lockdown smh.

Nike line was still to the parking lot smh. Biggest surprise was seeing a Lululemon Popup next to the Harvey’s. Prices are typical Lululemon outlet/final sale prices, picked up a lot of stuff lol.They’re supposedly there til August but if the reception been good they might stay longer/ make it a permanent location. Hope they stay cuz that’s the only store missing from that mall and mans doesn’t have time to drive down to Niagara for that stuff.

Has anybody ever purchased from nxtdrop? They claim to be cheaper than stockx. Both look to be better than consignment/resellers in all these new brick and mortar shops. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom